IGNORED

Twentyman Credits Our Current Form To Styvar.

Swansea_Red

Twenty Talks Back, BBC article

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere but Twentyman has an interesting theory on our current form in a piece on the BBC website. He has a valid point, competition for places is vital to keep players on their toes, a reason why many, including myself, would like to see competition on the left side of our team come in during the summer maybe. Although can't really complain considering our current run!!

Guest ashtonyate

If I was Twentyman I would stick to the radio Styver has made no impacted on the team at all Adebola has always been a good player and has hit a good bit of form the one thing he is right about is competition you need it in a good team i wish we had it in a few more positions.

If I was Twentyman I would stick to the radio Styver has made no impacted on the team at all Adebola has always been a good player and has hit a good bit of form the one thing he is right about is competition you need it in a good team i wish we had it in a few more positions.

He is saying that his arrival put pressure on the other players to perform. So he has had a indirect impact...... don't expect you to understand that though!

Guest ashtonyate
He is saying that his arrival put pressure on the other players to perform. So he has had a indirect impact...... don't expect you to understand that though!

The only impact he has on me is I wonder if he is going to make the grade and the coin is in the air at the moment and which player would feel threatened by his presents is not a prospected at the moment if Adebola had any competition it is coming from Akinda not Styvers

One could equally put it down to Scott Murray and his character in the dressing room.

Look at our results while he was out on loan and the results since he came back.

Makes me wonder if that's why GJ turned down over 10 clubs who were keen to take Scott on loan in January.

if Adebola had any competition it is coming from Akinda not Styvers

So we have signed those 2 new strikers you wanted, then?

I don't agree that it is down to Styvar, but to fair to Twentyman if you are looking to write an article then the usual course is to write in cliche (clearly Stockhausen's approach) and at least he is attempting to look beyond the obvious (it's down to increased confidence, vital players back from injury, etc, etc) to write a bit more imaginatively.

''Adebola, also buoyed by interest from Nottingham Forest, has certainly upped his game''.

I'd say this was a fairly big factor too. Knowing that another Championship club wants you, as well as your present manager turning down their bid and offering/ will offer you a new deal has got to be pretty confidence boosting.

It surprised me a bit when I saw it, it was/still is, the main article in the features and comments bit, on the Championship page of the BBC. It was also a bit of a surprise to see a local journalist offering a different and new slant on our upturn in form. Fair play Geoff! I think most of us can see competition for places is vital, but it's a decent article and the point is well worth mentioning.

Twenty Talks Back, BBC article

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere but Twentyman has an interesting theory on our current form in a piece on the BBC website. He has a valid point, competition for places is vital to keep players on their toes, a reason why many, including myself, would like to see competition on the left side of our team come in during the summer maybe. Although can't really complain considering our current run!!

Odd article really. Completely taken out of the blue. Styvars time hopefully will come but so far his contribution has been zero. Two months in England now.

Good players have an immediate impact and forces their way into the team.

Not that he has been missed. Wish we had invested that money in a young talented central midfielder.

Success in football comes down to making players feel confident. Guys like Murray are so important. He can actually speak to the players. A +50 don't even come close to it.

Odd article really. Completely taken out of the blue. Styvars time hopefully will come but so far his contribution has been zero. Two months in England now.Good players have an immediate impact and forces their way into the team.

Not that he has been missed. Wish we had invested that money in a young talented central midfielder.

Success in football comes down to making players feel confident. Guys like Murray are so important. He can actually speak to the players. A +50 don't even come close to it.

I agree, the old adage is that it takes at least 10 games or so to settle in. Quite a few buys that have been hammered on here, only to come good (incl. Maynard, Williams, Adebola)

People who cane johnsons buys would do well to remember this.

Archived