IGNORED

Singing Section At Our New Home

Ian M

safe standing is a load of rubbish really i think :laugh:. nothing wrong with just standing in a normal end tbh!

and being close to the away fans definitely adds to the atmosphere. would not be too keen on being in the corner, but can see it happening if away fans are right behind the goal.

which is exactly why it would be awesome if away fans were in the corner, then the stand behind the goal next to them could be the east end. sounds perfect to me

Safe-standing is far... well, 'safer'.

You have a rail in front of you, so can't fall over the seat in front, which is actually a much better solution than standing in a normal seated area. When a goal is scored, everyone jumps up and celebrates, yet those in a safe standing are would be far safer than those in normal seats at such moments.

if away fans are put behind the goal a la man city or hull, then fans will congregate in the main stands next to the end

the other end will become nothing special at most, a ghost town at worst

the side stands will never have safe standing, they don't in europe

the best case scenario may be to have a new home end behind the goal, with safe standing added when permitted, some sort of physical segregation between that and the away fans who are housed in part of the main stand or in a corner.

most dutch eredivisie grounds put the away fans in the corner and tolerate safe standing behind the goal at the opposite end.

SC Heerenveen have actually brought terracing back to their home end. In the eastend at the moment i can neither see nor hear the away fans, other than that drum last sat.

:laugh:, now call me bizarre, but isnt falling over with excitement when a last minute goal goes in all part of the east end! i went absolutely flying when we equalised against wolves, shins battered to pieces against plymouth and how i even survived palace in the playoffs i'll never know! :D

having a rail in front of you, behind you, being totally seperated from fellow supporters... naa that doesnt sound appealing to me in the slightest tbh. i love the idea of being crammed in, trying to keep your balance as a screamer goes in!

Safe standing at Werder Bremen:

standing.jpg

this safe standing is never going to happen, you realise this right? why is there all this talk for it?

You do realise you're making yourself look foolish.

There is an early day motion in support of it and also SL has already stated that the new ground will be able to have certain arranges "upgraded" to it in the future.

A bit off topic - anyone seen how big the seats are at Arsenals new ground? They are bloody huge.

727456_arsenal_emirates_stadium.jpg

Seats like that encourage people to sit down all game I reckon!! Too damm comfy

They are silly - you could fit two of me on one seat, stretch your legs right out in front of you and every seat is padded. Mad!

besides, to open a new argument completely, whats unsafe about the way we stand now? theres only one way to stand up isnt there :laugh:?! x

Seating I would say is more unsafe than terraces. The amount of times I've fell over seats when we score.

STANDING IS ACTUALLY MUCH SAFER!

To be fair mate he has a point.

If the one area was 16+ then it would stop the parents complaining or atleast if they were warned that if they sit in the area it may be boistrous and bad language will more than likely be heard then they may choose to sit elsewhere.

I'm a dad and I wouldnt like my little girl hearing **** off referee or you stupid c*** being shouted so I would sit in the "family" stand if I was taking her. That said if she doesn't want to go I'd like to be sitting in the cheering section :laugh:

Basically despite sound traveling the further away from it that you are the less likely you are to hear it so if the family section is in another sound its less likely they'll hear you or me shout "**** off that was a free kick" etc

My issue was with the fact that right now I get the feeling that the club would meet all of DanC's wishes but he would still moan because he can't take the pillars from the East End with him to the new ground. I'm a dad too and already considering which language I'd be happy for my son to hear when I start taking him to matches but the point he was trying to make about ensuring kids don't sit around the singing area was madness.

I sit between the Atyeo and East End in the Williams very near the half way line, all the talk about low roofs the truth is when the Atyeo is provoked by the East End they sound loader than the East End blowing the roof theory out of the water

Wasn't the Atyeo designed so that most of the noise was meant to filter down to the pitch?

i cant imagine anyone would prefer to stand in an end like that then the current east we have now. doesnt look appealing to me at least. anyone agree?

I would love that sort of setup at our new ground. Anyone who doesn't think that that is safer than both terracing and standing up in front of a seat needs their heads read. I fully expect (though will happily admit I have no evidence) that standing up in an end like that is safer than standing on a packed bus.

someone explain why we simply cannot do what we already do so well in the east end now, in our new ground. what is different? everyone stands, like they do now, no problem?...

besides, to open a new argument completely, whats unsafe about the way we stand now? theres only one way to stand up isnt there :laugh:?! x

sssshhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! I can just see SL coming out with:''Yeah, we're just going to turn a blind eye to this persistant standing indeffinately, aren't we Col?'' Think part of the crack with StevieL and the EE anyway was: we're moving out anyway so let's just give them their bit of fun and stop their moaning for a few years.

Besides, the rake of the current stand is so low I think common sense prevails through default, such lenience was never afforded in the steep old Dolman.

We have, in sum, a totally unique set of circumstances at present.

i cant imagine anyone would prefer to stand in an end like that then the current east we have now. doesnt look appealing to me at least. anyone agree?

haha, foolish. yeah tbh, youre most probably right. i don't really know too much about this safe standing stuff.

however, it was asked to lansdown on saturday, and his answer seems to suggest that its not in mind really.

he said that IF the fa even CONSIDER safe standing, then it MAY be something to look at.

i don't think we will be building an all seater, (ie normal), stadium, only for us to then rip all the seats out of one end again to incorporate 'safe standing'. its not really feasible, is it?

some of your irony might be lost on here

have faith and keep up the fight for safe standing, I've seen it creep back in holland

I agree to an extent, in that I would like to see the rake of seats taken back continuously at the home end, and do away with the concourse (Well, continue it, but beneath the seats with standard entrance ways to the seated area, rather than have it open, as it is in the design.

I'm not sure what this would do to the capacity, but what I mean is something like this:

3320204292_7578661d10_o.jpg

It would only be a matter of a few rows, but it would get rid of the look of a continuous 'bowl' of seats appearance at that end (despite it still being there), would increase the capacity slightly and give it a clearer division as an 'end'.

Thing is, I don't know the cost implications, the feasibility of adding more seats to it if necessary to expand capacity etc., but I do feel the concourse is unnecessary at that end and the look would be better if it was done away with as a viewing gallery at that point.

On that point... Can someone who has been to the presentation tell me how the bars work in an open concourse. As it looks to me as though all are within sight of the playing surface which, as I understand it, means alcohol couldn't be served.

Obviously, that can't be the case, so I was wondering how they've got round it.

Hallelujah, looks absolutely spot on plus it gives us the extra capacity required behind the goal. I did try and sketch this on a fag packet for the architect but I don't think he took it seriously.

I really hope the Supporters Trust, the club and HOK look into if it is feesable.

thats not what i was saying. an end encorporating safe standing would of course be safer, just look at it! theres no where for you to move, you are in like a little cubicle almost.

my point was that i don't think a stand like that looks very appealing, as you are not as enclosed with fans around you, which i like.

there is nothing wrong with the way fans stand at games now, is there? i :laugh: when people mention domino affect and all that, because has anyone actually seen that happen!

There's the same amount of room to move as in a standard seat.

Archived