IGNORED

Shaun Barker - No. 25

The Original OTIB

Not sure why the comments are sarcastic so far - he was by far and away the best player on the pitch yesterday.

Quite right and there's no harm in highlighting quality opposition. Barker was excellent yesterday and largely explains why Dele was so ineffective.

Barker was awesome yesterday. Although I think we have a three quality centre backs already a bit more competition and cover would not be a bad thing - it never is. We have been a bit stretched in defence a few times this year.

If Barker is often as good as he was yesterday and available on a free then I would consider him a good addition to the squad.

Quite right and there's no harm in highlighting quality opposition. Barker was excellent yesterday and largely explains why Dele was so ineffective.

Lots of players have the odd spectacular game and certainly Barker did yesterday but at 28 he would have been a PL player by now if he played like that every week. Consistency is what matters.

Guest MaloneFM
we shudve put him off easily by shining a torch at him haha good player though but hes el bino jokes liked the look of him

.....yes...well done you....very good....ummm... :noexpression:

Really did stand out for me yesterday.Awesome in the air,really handled Dele well.So credt where credit is due.But as mentioned before,consistancy is the key to achieving a higher level and possibly this is where he is lacking.If not,he would certainly be worth a closer look at for GJ.

Lots of players have the odd spectacular game and certainly Barker did yesterday but at 28 he would have been a PL player by now if he played like that every week. Consistency is what matters.

Louis Carey is consistent for us and we consider him to be a rock for us, and yet he doesn't play in the Premier League?

Didn't we have a couple of defenders on Loan from a Premier League side a couple of years ago, and they turned out to be anything but Premier League standard ie. Youga and Sankofa from Charlton? ..and that was playing in League 1 !!!

Louis Carey is consistent for us and we consider him to be a rock for us, and yet he doesn't play in the Premier League?

Carey is consistent at CCC level but with all the goodwill in the world Carey would get slaughtered week in week out by PL midfielders and strikers.Thats why he's not playing in the PL by now. None of the PL teams have rated him highly enough to want to sign him. Don't foget that Carey has played almost all his career in the lower leagues.

Lots of players are consistent but at the level they are playing at.

And Carey has, at 33..?

We're not in the Premier League. Cheap players that are suitable for this league are fine for the mean time.

Carey is consistent at CCC level but with all the goodwill in the world Carey would get slaughtered week in week out by PL midfielders and strikers.Thats why he's not playing in the PL by now. None of the PL teams have rated him highly enough to sign want to him. Don't foget that Carey has played almost all his career in the lower leagues.

Not so sure Carey would be slightered week in and week out against PL opposition. I could imagine him having one hell of a job with certain players but it's hard to tell and while club to club there is a huge gap some players can make that jump very easily. I'm not saying Carey would be a great Premier League player but able to hold his own.

Also using Carey for one other thing - he definitely improved from the age of 29/30. Barker could certainly make further improvement.

As I said before, only one game but he was very impressive. IF he's often like that then he's worth looking at. However - I have seen some very poor players play one good game over the years. Hell, one day a long long time ago I played a really good game for Isle of Wedmore JFC Under 15's....but it was a very long time ago and it was just that day.

Carey is consistent at CCC level but with all the goodwill in the world Carey would get slaughtered week in week out by PL midfielders and strikers.Thats why he's not playing in the PL by now. None of the PL teams have rated him highly enough to want to sign him. Don't foget that Carey has played almost all his career in the lower leagues.

...and Barker is looking good for the CCC. Don't worry about players playing well in higher divisions, worry about players playing well in our current division.

looked like a good one... we need a leader at the back for when Carey is out. This chap could be available on a free in the summer.

An excellent shout, the finest opposition defender I remember seeing this season and he played better against us than Portsmouth's Sol Campbell in my opinion.

Actually Alan, Barker was born on 19th September 1982, which makes him a sprightly 26.

There's no reason why he shouldn't be on City's transfer radar, if, as you said he plays that well every week.

Actually Alan, Barker was born on 19th September 1982, which makes him a sprightly 26.

There's no reason why he shouldn't be on City's transfer radar, if, as you said he plays that well every week.

If he was not on our radar before yesterday I would suspect he would be now and would imagine PJ to watch some vids of him and possibly watch a game or two. A player that can mark Dele out of a game would be a good signing for when we come up against players like Dele and would also help Dele in training for when Dele has to come up against players like him.

Archived