IGNORED

Hull, Stoke, West Brom

garlicbread

Guest MaloneFM

Not over yet chummy, still much of a muchness, all to play for the Carling Cup final is a big game for Sir Alex.

Todays quiz:

3 of those statements are optimistic babble and one is an outright lie. Can you spot the difference?

I feel your right. But how has each club faired financially. Have not kept a check on the spending but i am sure someone knows. :city:

Seeing as Hull are paying one guy well in excess of £30k a week, they paid £5m for him and he managed about 25 minutes for them I'd guess they've spent a fair chunk of their money.

West Brom haven't spent very much so should be strong again after their inevitable demise and on the evidence of watching Stoke's ugly, artless hoofball I'd imagine their team of basketball players cost them about £12 and a packet of crisps.

Seeing as Hull are paying one guy well in excess of £30k a week, they paid £5m for him and he managed about 25 minutes for them I'd guess they've spent a fair chunk of their money.

West Brom haven't spent very much so should be strong again after their inevitable demise and on the evidence of watching Stoke's ugly, artless hoofball I'd imagine their team of basketball players cost them about £12 and a packet of crisps.

Yes, and after his preliminary scan showed up damage to the cruciate? Very foolish. I heard it was £45kpw.

West Brom haven't spent very much so should be strong again after their inevitable demise

WBA yoyo between the PL and CCC. They get promoted, always struggle down the bottom, stay a season or two and then get relegated. Everytime they go up they never seem to spend much on players despite being loaded with parachute and full PL payments. Its not as if they can be skint.

Teams like Fulham, Bolton and Wigan all went up and became establised there. So did 'Boro. Other teams, Derby, Ipswich, Reading, Sheffield United and Wolves never really did strengthen enough.

The question is if smaller clubs like Fulham and Wigan can become established in the PL why can't the other 'bigger' clubs like Wolves and the Baggies?

Archived