IGNORED

Just A Thought

petehinton

just had a thought:

what do you all think about saying to the players to bounce around ?

I.e at an end of a game when we win instead of singing wurzels saying to a player to bounce around ?

for example, Basso is clapping us at the end and we sing BASSO BOUNCE AROUND BASSO BASSO BOUNCE AROUND

just a random thought....

sounds kinda daft.

I think the whole getting Johnson to bounce bounce bounce should be pretty much stopped, it's fine at the end of games (if we've won) or in circumstances like the last couple of mins at reading when your playing out the game,

but against blackpool and last night it started and was......well daft and understandably johnson ignored it (if he heard it)

this bounce around shite gotta stop imo, its being overdone, i first heard it at sheff utd away last season was ok and original then, but not now, ........... don't wanna knock the EE as they are singlehandedly responsible for dragging the entire crowd into voice on most occasions and are a big part of what is now good at the gate. (obviously the team and their efforts on the pitch are the rest), but paaaaahhhleeease, enough of the bounce already.....!!

Its getting rather pathetic now. Yes if we score, or we are cruising, but not when it's 0-0 or we have just got one 1-0 down .

And asking Johnson to bounce when its 0-0? Get real!

eh? Johnson says we need support more when we are losing or not doing well..... the players don't really need our support when we're winning!

although I do agree, it needs to be sung less often.

eh? Johnson says we need support more when we are losing or not doing well..... the players don't really need our support when we're winning!

although I do agree, it needs to be sung less often.

Asking Johnson to bounce around like a lunatic is supporting the team? We just concede with 3 miniutes and its bounce? Surely we should be singing songs that encourage the boys?

the thing is, the chant is not really a rallying call to the players, its more of a triumphal chant to be used when we are flying for the amusement of the fans, when we are under the cosh, defending a corner for eg, its just plain daft............ "always believe", when things are tough, "johnson says", when things aint, imho ......... must reiterate, credit to the east end, i have even bought bounce shirts for myself and gf to wear to derby tom. hope the £2 helps get another flag for the EE.. keep up the good work.

Archived