IGNORED

Stern John

NifflerNomad

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GO

I'm sorry but he was sh!te today, how he stay on instead of maynard i'll never know

you've got enough money from us now so please just leave!!!

He would be getting money from Southampton if he stayed there. So he really isnt 't here for the money!

I thought he was better than Maynard today.

Showed some good touches and some sharp flick ons.

As someone said in another thread if Maynard had been able to finish John would have got 3 assists.

His touch is first class and his link up play is brilliant, I admit he's quite lazy but to say he was shite today is a bit biased.

I thought he was better than Maynard today.

Showed some good touches and some sharp flick ons.

As someone said in another thread if Maynard had been able to finish John would have got 3 assists.

His touch is first class and his link up play is brilliant, I admit he's quite lazy but to say he was shite today is a bit biased.

Switch the roles around, then see how many of Manyard's deliveries John would even come close to giving a damn about trying to score. In his tenure at this club John has TWO tap-in goals, no sliding tackles and just one instance where he tried to stretch his leg out far enough to connect - today.

When double-marked John has precisely no chance of getting the ball. Maynard spent most of the day treble-marked and still managed to rout the defence on a couple of occasions. Regardless of how much more he'd be earning back home down the river for a man of his hype and position his performances have been largely risible.

I (and many, many others) would be incredulous if we picked up his contract in July.

One of our most creative players today. We dominated possession and needed quality - he's got bags of it. Might not chase every ball or "get stuck in" but I don't think that's his job. Some of the people around us today really had it in for this guy. The abuse he gets is remarkable! Thought he did as well as anyone on a very frustrating afternoon.

We dominated possession and needed quality - he's got bags of it. Might not chase every ball or "get stuck in" but I don't think that's his job.

Um... yes it is. He's a striker. He has to get stuck in at least far enough to pick up 90% of the passes he's given *and* turn them into shots.

Quality was only enough seconds before the hammer blow and quality makes no difference if we can't even get the simple things down- Every time we kept the ball on the turf (John's natural place) we looked a genuine threat, so seeing goddamn Route One for the majority of the second half was so painful especially as almost all of the set-pieces we had were crosses that both Bywater and his crew were equal to.

driving back into radio Bristol area heard all these calls about Stern John must go ,waste of space etc. Have to say thought he was very good today and his link play and aerial ability was excellent.. Now he hasn't been great and walking straight off the pitch at the end doesn't endear hin........but come on lets not all jump on the bandwagon if he's played well

One of our most creative players today. We dominated possession and needed quality - he's got bags of it. Might not chase every ball or "get stuck in" but I don't think that's his job. Some of the people around us today really had it in for this guy. The abuse he gets is remarkable! Thought he did as well as anyone on a very frustrating afternoon.

because he don't give a toss, if he showed he was up for it i wouldn't of started this the fact he has done more or less f all in his time here and just walk around not giving to$$

and its 3 times now that he didn't even clap the fans ( reading, brum, and today), just goes straight down the tunnel

Switch the roles around, then see how many of Manyard's deliveries John would even come close to giving a damn about trying to score. In his tenure at this club John has TWO tap-in goals, no sliding tackles and just one instance where he tried to stretch his leg out far enough to connect - today.

When double-marked John has precisely no chance of getting the ball. Maynard spent most of the day treble-marked and still managed to rout the defence on a couple of occasions. Regardless of how much more he'd be earning back home down the river for a man of his hype and position his performances have been largely risible.

I (and many, many others) would be incredulous if we picked up his contract in July.

Got more chance of hell freezing over :disapointed2se:

I wasnt there today, but I went to Blackpool where I thought he was our best forward when on the pitch, and again at Birmingham I thought he did a decent job.

In his first few games, I wasnt impressed at all, but recently he has improved. He links the play as well as anybody else in the team.

Its about time people started giving him a bit more support, mabye even a song......

because he don't give a toss, if he showed he was up for it i wouldn't of started this the fact he has done more or less f all in his time here and just walk around not giving to$$

and its 3 times now that he didn't even clap the fans ( reading, brum, and today), just goes straight down the tunnel

Would you if you had to read some of the dross on here that people say about you?. Funny how people give him a load of abuse on here and then moan when he doesnt stand and clap you :dunno:

Would you if you had to read some of the dross on here that people say about you?. Funny how people give him a load of abuse on here and then moan when he doesnt stand and clap you :dunno:

And those who havent slagged him off?? don't they deserve a clap for making a long trip and providing terrific support?

Would you if you had to read some of the dross on here that people say about you?.

Stern John doesn't read this forum.

If he did my bet is he'd be amazed at just how much support he gets on here when his palpable contribution to BCFC has been so minimal.

Guest churchill gaffer

I was there

Stern is lazy!

You can see he is just seeing his time out with us

He showed what he thought of us at the end of the game

He will now get everything he deserves. What does he expect

Show us no respect, and you'll get no respect

He played reasonably well today I thought. Won a lot of headers, flick ons and spead the play well. The crossing he had was appalling- no striker would have got to 99% of the crosses today from Orr and McCallister. Do you ever wonder why most of our strikers struggle to get over 10 goals? Because service is crap. Only Maynard was guilty of missing easy chances today.

i don't see him losing money taking a day off work to watch a man who aint been interested from day one in playing for us and still get paid for it!! ( by us or southampton), at least look like you want a new contract with us

If SJ possess so much quality, as many state, why don't we create more scoring opportunities when he is in the side?

Since he has been at BCFC his performances have been no better than any of our own (as opposed to loan) strikers could have produced. A player possessing this apparant 'quality' would have the ability to turn a game, set up some clear cut goal scoring opportunities, motivate the side with his work rate and enthusiasm etc etc.............not to mention the very thing he was brought to the club for and that was score some critical goals. Sadly, SJ hasn't produced form anything like the aforementioned.

For me, he was potentially a very good loan signing, but has turned out to be a massive failure.

In my opinion, if GJ is not going to bring him to the club on a permanent basis at the end of the season, perhaps we should be giving our 'own' players the opportunity to shine..........l'm pretty sure that they would not do any worse!

He doesn't give a damn about this club compered to Dele his work rate and effort is zilch, the lack of goals will cost us dear he ain't good enough. People have jumped on Basso's back but he gets on with it and always claps the fans in acknowledgement of their support .

Look, strikers are in the side to predominately score goals, that is there main function on the football pitch. Strikers should score more goals than any other position on the pitch. SJ has not scored one goal of any consequence for BCFC, not one, yet he is played time and time again.....this is not loyalty by GJ, but plain stupidity!

LAY OFF HIM!

I'm not sterns biggest fan at all, and am a massive dele fan for the love of his work rate etc

butt..

stern although he may be big and black like dele doesnt mean hes the same kind of player, stern can have it into feet, where he can often win free-kicks (if only we used them better!)

andd he can chest it and doesnt mind it in the air either, he wont work his socks off for the team which isnt great but hes creative and has a football brain.

Today against derby he again showed some neat touches, and should of scored yes, and the same on wednesday

but lay off him for god sake!

COYR!

He played reasonably well today I thought. Won a lot of headers, flick ons and spead the play well. The crossing he had was appalling- no striker would have got to 99% of the crosses today from Orr and McCallister. Do you ever wonder why most of our strikers struggle to get over 10 goals? Because service is crap. Only Maynard was guilty of missing easy chances today.

Exactly and thats what Trunds had to put up with.

Guest churchill gaffer
LAY OFF HIM!

I'm not sterns biggest fan at all, and am a massive dele fan for the love of his work rate etc

butt..

stern although he may be big and black like dele doesnt mean hes the same kind of player, stern can have it into feet, where he can often win free-kicks (if only we used them better!)

andd he can chest it and doesnt mind it in the air either, he wont work his socks off for the team which isnt great but hes creative and has a football brain.

Today against derby he again showed some neat touches, and should of scored yes, and the same on wednesday

COYR!

One out of two!

He is black

BUT NOT BIG LIKE DELE!

Guest churchill gaffer

AT THE END OF THE DAY!

I want to see players who want to play for us

If I hear Stern is playing from the start against QPR, I will not bother wasting my money

Like I say I want to see players earning their money, and trying 110%

He doesn't appreciate me spending my hard earned money

To be honest, If Dele can't last 90 mins. Then we should be looking for another player the same as him, next season.

We can't do what we all want, if we never know if Dele is going to be available week in, week out.

LAY OFF HIM!

butt..

COYR!

Boom Boom's big and white, LJ's small and white, LC's medium and white.........

I support any player that wears the red shirt but am disappointed that a player whos playing for us on loan (presumably whos looking for a contract at the end of the season from us) walks off after the game without acknowledging the people who pay his wages! Thats why having players on loan doesnt always work. No love for the shirt they are wearing!

Archived