IGNORED

Dare I Say It

Dollymarie

And believe me i've been one of his biggest critics.

He was a hell of a lot better tonight, than i've seen him play so far in his time with us.

Getting stuck in, and actually running about being useful.

Anyone else have similar feelings?

Ye, he has only had one better game and that was Reading at home.

Drops very deep and links up play very well.

Shame he annoyed everyone by walking off

And believe me i've been one of his biggest critics.

He was a hell of a lot better tonight, than i've seen him play so far in his time with us.

Getting stuck in, and actually running about being useful.

Anyone else have similar feelings?

Stern John was absolutely awesome tonight, showed his cleverness, and if not for some very good goal keeping and defending would have bagged a 1st half brace

I think people need to lay off him and start appreciating the things he does do well instead of focusing on the negatives :bruce_h4h:

Ye, he has only had one better game and that was Reading at home.

Drops very deep and links up play very well.

Shame he annoyed everyone by walking off

He was prob very, very,very tired :fastasleep:

In my opinion he was clearly our best player tonight.

Some are far too harsh on him, things just arent falling for him at the moment - consecutive home games now where he has had a header cleared off the line.

The worry is that I don't fancy a John/Adebola partnership and so it is a case of one or the other at the moment.

A word for Styvar too who came on and gave his most encouraging cameo to date. Some very neat flicks and touches.

Without question his best performance in a City shirt. Best player on the pitch for an hour. If he'd scored that goal when he turned the offside trap it would have been sublime. Had a fantastic crossfield pass too and lead from the front with his passing. Don't know where this player has been or why it's taken so long to get this from him.

I've been a Stern John critic and a Lee Johnson supporter but frankly LJ was awful and Stern was a revelation - only our genius manager (I mean that sincerely) could take off the latter and see the former go on to score the goal that sealed it. Either he has a lucky knack or he sees things I don't - I thought Stern John was the last player to be taken off (for a change).

Read Gary's comments before the game and you will see that he clearly rates Stern John highly. If he's good enough for GJ then he's good enough for me. What the man has achieved at City is phenomenal and his judgement should be given a bit more respect I think.

Who on here would have suggested going 3-5-2 over the last two games? Its got us three points and unlucky that wasnt four or even six.

Read Gary's comments before the game and you will see that he clearly rates Stern John highly. If he's good enough for GJ then he's good enough for me. What the man has achieved at City is phenomenal and his judgement should be given a bit more respect I think.

Who on here would have suggested going 3-5-2 over the last two games? Its got us three points and unlucky that wasnt four or even six.

i suggested this formation at november time when we were strugglin to create any chances, although not with the personel in the team

all of us have complained about a lack of service to the strikers this seaon and last, the last two games it seems this isnt the case any more, so providing we keep creating these number of chances, a team will get a hiding soon, maynard and especially john are overdue a goal

we just need skuse/elliott back to shore up the middle because we don't have a ball winner at the mo

bring on the welsh on sunday!!!!

Was it sarcastic cheers went he went off, or actually cheers that his performance deserved?

IMO was very good tonight and on saturday at Derby, does well to link up the play but I feel if he makes more of an effort to get in the box more often then it could get him some goals that hes due.

I still don't see the point of making a fresh topic about him after every single game he plays. He played well and linked up well with maynard who should of maybe done better? But having said that even though Adebola get much of the ball I just feel alot comfortable with him playing than John only comparing the two because Adebola may well be fit by sunday to start and would i start him yes.

Some idiots in the Ateyo seemed to be booing him off. Clearly they didn't watch his performance tonight.

Definitely was some booing him, yes. And they moaned about him the whole time he was on the pitch... the only time they didn't say something was when he hit that fantastic ball out wide with the sort of vision I would love our midfield to have.

I really do rate some of his contributions, I just wonder at times if some of our players' minds aren't as quick as his which makes him look worse.

Mind you, he annoyed me by walking off when we hadn't even scored.

He isnt my favorite player to say the least, but he played bloody well tonight and looked quality. With a bit more luch he would have scored one or two..

I was amazed at how much running around he was doing for a change! I thought he may have had a Johnson hand grenade up his rear end until someone pointed out he was doing a sponsored run for comic relief and had the sponsorship form tucked in his shorts.. :whistle:

I thought he did well at Derby to so it's good to see he is carrying his form on.

As i have stated in another thread, i thought he was awsome tonight. Linked play very well (which was the point i was trying to get across in a debate i had in the Robins pre-match), some of his one touch football was superb and even switched play with a sweeping cross field ball a couple of times. Just needs that goal to get him on a run now. :winner_third_h4h:

Ps, if it was you sat behind me in the Williams slagging SJ off for taking his time leaving the pitch, then you need to get a grip. But it was'nt long after i thought i heard the same person refer to the Coventry City manager as Cole Chrisman :whistle2: , this just about sums up some people! :grr:

I thought John was excellent tonight, and really helped us out whenever the midfield looked like they were having trouble relieving pressure.

Also, I was reading the programme and Akinde was saying that John especially has been working with him after training to improve his awareness. An example of the kind of thing we don't see on the pitch that will add benefit in the long term?

He was the best player on the pitch and I was mystified when he was subbed.

I was also quite disappointed for Maynard who spent all night making intelligent runs and was only once picked out by a pass through and occasionally played wide into channels.

Credit where credit is due, Stern had an excellent game and looked like his heart was really in it at last.

Not sure what the reason might have been for his substitution but he's every right to be disappointed after the way he played.

Slouching off the pitch won't help matters though - if he can keep up that level of performance and keep a smile on his face then Ashton Gate will be very much on his side.

Keep it up Stern.

he was brilliant. MOM for me

a c*ck behind me shouted out "get off you lazy ****" - what a idiot.

Quite possibly me Riaz! Block G, EE? Because whilst I agree he has great touch, vision and fantastic ability. I do feel he is about as much of a goal threat as my nan would be. He is lazy, end of! Would love to know his prozone stats for time stood still, jogging and sprinting. I have a feeling they would be vastly different to the rest of the side!

He is not doing what he was bought in to do. He was bought in on loan as a proven prolific goal scorer at this level and looks nothing of the sort. He shows no passion for the shirt or any hard-work ethic which is meant to be so key to GJ's teams. Maynard ran himself into the ground for the first 35 mins while John stood around waiting for the ball to be played into him. All this great touch vision and link up play is done 40-50yrds from goal. How many assists has he had? I do not know but I would not expect it to be a decent haul. He is not doing his magic where it counts, in the oppositions box.

I agree it was his best performance to date for us yet his mentality shone through when he was subbed with the game at 0-0. He did not give a toss! I fully agree his ability is unquestionable, yet it is his desire and workrate that is poor. With a higher work rate and a passion to play and win SJ would be a great asset, however this is not the case is it?

(Oh and if you thought I was a C*ck and an idiot quit being a keyboard warrior and have a word to my face without resorting to insults just because my opinion does not match yours! I am easy enough to find, half way down Block G of the EE avitar is me, short, aft and bald ;) )

Quite possibly me Riaz! Block G, EE? Because whilst I agree he has great touch, vision and fantastic ability. I do feel he is about as much of a goal threat as my nan would be. He is lazy, end of! Would love to know his prozone stats for time stood still, jogging and sprinting. I have a feeling they would be vastly different to the rest of the side!

He is not doing what he was bought in to do. He was bought in on loan as a proven prolific goal scorer at this level and looks nothing of the sort. He shows no passion for the shirt or any hard-work ethic which is meant to be so key to GJ's teams. Maynard ran himself into the ground for the first 35 mins while John stood around waiting for the ball to be played into him. All this great touch vision and link up play is done 40-50yrds from goal. How many assists has he had? I do not know but I would not expect it to be a decent haul. He is not doing his magic where it counts, in the oppositions box.

I agree it was his best performance to date for us yet his mentality shone through when he was subbed with the game at 0-0. He did not give a toss! I fully agree his ability is unquestionable, yet it is his desire and workrate that is poor. With a higher work rate and a passion to play and win SJ would be a great asset, however this is not the case is it?

(Oh and if you thought I was a C*ck and an idiot quit being a keyboard warrior and have a word to my face without resorting to insults just because my opinion does not match yours! I am easy enough to find, half way down Block G of the EE avitar is me, short, aft and bald ;) )

2 in 23 appearances (12 starts, 11 as sub).

The same number as Lee Trundle achieved in 35 appearances (21 starts, 14 as sub) last season and David Noble achieved in 26 appearances (16 starts, 10 as sub) last season, just for comparison with other players who are considered creative.

2 in 23 appearances (12 starts, 11 as sub).

The same number as Lee Trundle achieved in 35 appearances (21 starts, 14 as sub) last season and David Noble achieved in 26 appearances (16 starts, 10 as sub) last season, just for comparison with other players who are considered creative.

Thanks Edson.

So pretty much the same as a player who alledgedly does not have what it takes at CCC level according to some, and one who cannot make our bench due to his alledged inability to track back and graft for the team! Hmmmm interesting. :tumbleweed:

Archived