IGNORED

Dare I Say It

Dollymarie

Quite possibly me Riaz! Block G, EE? Because whilst I agree he has great touch, vision and fantastic ability. I do feel he is about as much of a goal threat as my nan would be. He is lazy, end of! Would love to know his prozone stats for time stood still, jogging and sprinting. I have a feeling they would be vastly different to the rest of the side!

He is not doing what he was bought in to do. He was bought in on loan as a proven prolific goal scorer at this level and looks nothing of the sort. He shows no passion for the shirt or any hard-work ethic which is meant to be so key to GJ's teams. Maynard ran himself into the ground for the first 35 mins while John stood around waiting for the ball to be played into him. All this great touch vision and link up play is done 40-50yrds from goal. How many assists has he had? I do not know but I would not expect it to be a decent haul. He is not doing his magic where it counts, in the oppositions box.

I agree it was his best performance to date for us yet his mentality shone through when he was subbed with the game at 0-0. He did not give a toss! I fully agree his ability is unquestionable, yet it is his desire and workrate that is poor. With a higher work rate and a passion to play and win SJ would be a great asset, however this is not the case is it?

(Oh and if you thought I was a C*ck and an idiot quit being a keyboard warrior and have a word to my face without resorting to insults just because my opinion does not match yours! I am easy enough to find, half way down Block G of the EE avitar is me, short, aft and bald ;) )

The guy imo is a class act and by the way Maynard, Sproule, Akinde etc have heaped praise on him highlights the effect he has on the side. Yes he has scored just 2 goals in 22 games and for this reason alone I wouldn't sign him up permenantly.

What worries me is the lack of firepower upfront, Maynard is raw and Adebola goes through patches.....we need someone who will get s 15+ goals a season something that Wolves,Birmingham,Reading,Cardiff,Swansea all have, and something we need in order to push forward as a club.

Ironically enough I feel that Mcallister and Johnson are the weakest links in our side, and their goals imo mask the fact that they are out of their depth and not consistent enough at this levl

(Oh and if you thought I was a C*ck and an idiot quit being a keyboard warrior and have a word to my face without resorting to insults just because my opinion does not match yours! I am easy enough to find, half way down Block G of the EE avitar is me, short, aft and bald ;) )

I'm no keyboard warrior - told the gimp he was c**k. It obviously was'nt you.

BUT, you seriously shouted that out after that performance? Its not about opinions. He's been shyte for most the time he's been here, I agree with that. But he played well last night and surely you don't think its right to abuse a player who has played well?

ps I'm tanned with a shaven head and usually stand near the mega phone. just so we're familiar with eachother.

I'm no keyboard warrior - told the gimp he was c**k. It obviously was'nt you.

BUT, you seriously shouted that out after that performance? Its not about opinions. He's been shyte for most the time he's been here, I agree with that. But he played well last night and surely you don't think its right to abuse a player who has played well?

ps I'm tanned with a shaven head and usually stand near the mega phone. just so we're familiar with eachother.

To be honest Riaz, after gulping down as many Ziders as possible between 5.45pm and 7.35pm in BS3 I am not sure i shouted it (may have muttered lazy so and so under my breath). I just do not feel he is doing the job he was bought here to do and to make it worse it 'appears' (could be wrong) that he does not really care.

I will make a point of saying hi on Sunday if i can find you. Cant be far from me as I can hear Phil even when he is not on the megaphone :noexpression:

To be honest Riaz, after gulping down as many Ziders as possible between 5.45pm and 7.35pm in BS3 I am not sure i shouted it (may have muttered lazy so and so under my breath). I just do not feel he is doing the job he was bought here to do and to make it worse it 'appears' (could be wrong) that he does not really care.

I will make a point of saying hi on Sunday if i can find you. Cant be far from me as I can hear Phil even when he is not on the megaphone :noexpression:

Sounds like the start of a beautiful friendship. :wub::D

I don't think he's done enough to be fair - but hopefully he plays that well in the remaining games.

I think being from trinidad, he's very very laidback, which can look like he's does not care - but I agree if he's going to be lazy, he needs to add goals to his game to make up for it.

Stern John was absolutely awesome tonight, showed his cleverness, and if not for some very good goal keeping and defending would have bagged a 1st half brace

I think people need to lay off him and start appreciating the things he does do well instead of focusing on the negatives :bruce_h4h:

He played very well tonight. Some good touches and some lovely lay offs especially in the first half.

Maybe if he did the things he did tonight more often people would lay off him.

He played very well tonight. Some good touches and some lovely lay offs especially in the first half.

Maybe if he did the things he did tonight more often people would lay off him.

Exactly.

If he is seen to try hard and plays well - he's capable of both, as last night and the occasional tackle in previous games prove - then the fans will be behind him.

That's despite the fact that he (and Styvar for that matter) has to realise that Lee Trundle remains a very popular player amongst City fans and they have to consistently show that they have more to offer the team. Goals would certainly help but, lacking them, being seen to make a real effort is a basic necessity.

A good performance from Stern last night and he has set himself a standard he must maintain from now on.

In my opinion that was the best I have seen SJ play in city shirt. Thought he was really unlucky to be substituted when he was, and I guess by his reaction with his slow walk off the pitch, he thought likewise.

I still stand by comments I have made previously that he was brought in due to his record as a profilic goalscorer and as such I could never say he has had a really good game unless he creates or scores a goal or two, given his role in the team. Perhaps this is what GJ feels also, otherwise why else would he have brought him off, whilst in the middle of one of his best performances to date?!

In my opinion that was the best I have seen SJ play in city shirt. Thought he was really unlucky to be substituted when he was, and I guess by his reaction with his slow walk off the pitch, he thought likewise.

I still stand by comments I have made previously that he was brought in due to his record as a profilic goalscorer and as such I could never say he has had a really good game unless he creates or scores a goal or two, given his role in the team. Perhaps this is what GJ feels also, otherwise why else would he have brought him off, whilst in the middle of one of his best performances to date?!

Nail on head REDHOPE, cant rely on JM/LJ to score many goals, 3 points last night was spot on but our strikers are just not doing the business, having said that SJ was unlucky and a vast improvment on some of his other performances.

Guest ashtonyate
Nail on head REDHOPE, cant rely on JM/LJ to score many goals, 3 points last night was spot on but our strikers are just not doing the business, having said that SJ was unlucky and a vast improvment on some of his other performances.

That's the point he played better because he was playing deeper more room and time Trundle done the same, but we lack a presents up front when Abebola is not playing.

John and Maynard had good games but there main job is to put the ball in the net, Maynard had a couple of great chances but shot strait at the goalie.

One thing about John I do not like is he goes down to easily and he dived as well which is one thing I don't want to see come into City's game.

Archived