IGNORED

Was I At The Wrong Game Tonight?

Roe

http://news.BBC.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...v_1/7923059.stm

http://www.skysports.com/football/match_re...3005037,00.html

Just read these two reports on our game and for the life of me can't remember Morrison hitting the post early on.

Sky Sports also seem to think that we were really lucky and "the Sky Blues dominated a furiously-paced opening period" and they were "very much in control"

:huh: I really don't get it :huh: I thought it was a closeish game but we were always the better side and even their website acknowledges that..

http://news.BBC.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...v_1/7923059.stm

http://www.skysports.com/football/match_re...3005037,00.html

Just read these two reports on our game and for the life of me can't remember Morrison hitting the post early on.

Sky Sports also seem to think that we were really lucky and "the Sky Blues dominated a furiously-paced opening period" and they were "very much in control"

:huh: I really don't get it :huh: I thought it was a closeish game but we were always the better side and even their website acknowledges that..

I can't remember Clinton hitting the post. We were worthy winners, god knows how many shots on target, cleared off the line. They had a fair bit of possession but no end product.

And rather typically they were moaning about the disallowed goal at half-time. Must have taken lessons from their whinging shite of a manager.

They wanted to know what it was for.... well, you can't rip the shirt off a player like they did right in front of the assistant and expect a foul not to be given - it would have been criminal if the goal had stood.

Guest RobbieTurner
I looked at the BBC text commentary with half hour played and it noted Possession; Bristol City 28% Coventry 72% then around half time it was 35/65, so I thought we were being battered, maybe those people watched the game via that as well.

My assessment at HT was it should be 3-0 to us. City were by far the better team, Basso only had a couple of easy trickling shots to save whereas City had a 1 on 1 which Maynard put straight at the keeer, 1 off the line and a great save from a McIndoe shot plus numerous other shots straight at the keeper.

Second half City got their rewards and thoroughly deserved victory.

There you go, more of a fair assessment 'd say :bounce:

Coventry looked threatening first half without really forcing Basso to task.

They played some nice intricate stuff up top, Best in particular stood out as a real handful.

Ultimately it was a fair result as City did create more chances, however Coventry did threaten whilst never quite delivering - both in the first half and for a 10 minute period prior to Johnson's goal.

My assessment at HT was it should be 3-0 to us. City were by far the better team, Basso only had a couple of easy trickling shots to save whereas City had a 1 on 1 which Maynard put straight at the keeer, 1 off the line and a great save from a McIndoe shot plus numerous other shots straight at the keeper.

Second half City got their rewards and thoroughly deserved victory.

Unfortunately I couldn't make the game tonight due to work commitments but just reading this Maynard missing a one on one chance and wondered how he did last night?

He missed a couple of decent chances on Saturday at Derby but he does seem to be getting into goalscoring situations more and more even if he lost lost the goalscoring touch at present following his injury just after he'd really got going around the new year. I think his future is looking bright at the club and he could turn out to be a very shrewd investment for the club.

Unfortunately I couldn't make the game tonight due to work commitments but just reading this Maynard missing a one on one chance and wondered how he did last night?

He missed a couple of decent chances on Saturday at Derby but he does seem to be getting into goalscoring situations more and more even if he lost lost the goalscoring touch at present following his injury just after he'd really got going around the new year. I think his future is looking bright at the club and he could turn out to be a very shrewd investment for the club.

He only had one chance, a sweet move including a step over from NM to receive a pass from SJ that put him clear in the box on his left peg. Unfortunately hit it straight at the keeper when poss could've shown a bit more composure and curled it round him.

Did a lot of closing down up front, and makings of a good understanding with SJ, defensive part of his game not a problem but needs to get that 10th goal a.s.a.p ! I'm sure he'll be fine for us, especially in partnership with Styvar (looking ahead to next season)

He only had one chance, a sweet move including a step over from NM to receive a pass from SJ that put him clear in the box on his left peg. Unfortunately hit it straight at the keeper when poss could've shown a bit more composure and curled it round him.

Did a lot of closing down up front, and makings of a good understanding with SJ, defensive part of his game not a problem but needs to get that 10th goal a.s.a.p ! I'm sure he'll be fine for us, especially in partnership with Styvar (looking ahead to next season)

You're having a laugh right ??? The guy (Styvar) is a complete waste of time. If the club wants to carry on progressing then they need a striker a helluva lot sharper than him. He snatches at everything, gives the ball away constantly and is basically not good enough...

Styvar has shown various moments of promise, and if you actually take the time to watch him you'll notice him getting into positions that open up gaps and laying off the ball to our other players. I remember one particularly notable moment on Saturday where he chested the ball down superbly - I think he has a good footballing brain and it will only develop over the rest of this season

Archived