IGNORED

Micheal Mcindoe

Keep the Faith

Just had a flick through the BBC paper talk section and whilst I realise this is far from gospel it says two Premier League clubs are chasing £2.5m rated Kris Commons. If Kris Commons is worth that much then how much is our left winger worth?

He hasn't quite reached the high standards he set himself last year and has been quite inconsistent this season (perhaps because he's forgotten how to play for a club for more than 6 months!) but he's still a good Championship left winger and how much should we expect if we were to sell him (as some expected us to)?

I would have said somewhare around £500-750k but if Commons is worth that much then perhaps it should be more. Perhaps it shows the lack of decent players available in that position and how hard it would probably be to replace McIndoe with someone any where near as good at a reasonable price.

Also does anyone with any 'insider' knowledge know how much we paid for him?

I rate MM, not as good as he was last year but still think he's a very good player. IMO we missed him when he was dropped because of injury (or because of bust up after Palace) and made me realise hes an assett to the club. Without him we would be very stuck for a left winger and there are very few very good left wingers in our league we could draw to the club and would be within our price range, on form he's one of the best wingers in the league - as he showed last year in the play-offs.

I'd say that the first estimate of 500k-700k is more accurate than the 2.5m. That said I don't think we'd consider any offers less than 1.2m purely because decent left wingers aren't easy to come by. I think we paid over the odds with Nicky Maynard's fee of 2.25m but that is the way with young English strikers. Plus the two other unsuccessful attempts to sign a striker - Metab @ Mifsud - put us in a difficult position in that we were running out of options and I suspect Crewe knew that hense the price tag. Plus the fact that he had a great record, is very young and most importantly (in terms of the transfer fee), English.

Its funny how, when there was the poor run earlier in the season, everybody was quick to moan about Mcindoe, we hit a bit of form and it all goes quiet, no praise or anything!!

I personally think hes one of the best LEFT WINGERS in the league. When hes playing inside he isn't half as effective.

I wouldn't accept anything less than £1.5m

he would certainly be hard to replace

when we get the best out of mcindoe he is absolutely class, i reckon if a club came in for him and he wanted to leave we would prob get 1-1.5m for him.

s.hunt & g.boyd are the only left wingers ive seen down the gate this season that looked a different class, the first is total unrealistic while the second would cost a bomb judging on how the posh price players.

lets hope we don't have to find out and mcindoe can also start to consistently perform as well as he has shown in flashes all season

Does the credit crunch not apply to football ? (Probably not, thinking about it)

How can anyone suggest a near 30 year old chamionship player could be valued at £2 million, unless it was his agent ?

I would suggest if we were to sell him in the current climate he'd go for about 300/400K. I hope he stays though cos he's been fantastic for most of this year, although I think Maynard got frustrated last night when Macca could've put him through a couple of times but went for glory himself.

I personally think Mcindoe has been poor this season. Nowhere near as good as last. he has picked up a bit the last month or so but before that i thought he has been one of our poorest players this season.

As for how much he is worth 500k/750k would be my guess!

yeah I'm with you on that, hes been no where near the form he was at last season

surely it is obvious why MM form has dipped this season but has picked up recently. MM is driven by the desire to play at the highest level he can i.e. the Premier League. thats the same for all players obviously but i feel MM is absolutely obsessed. thats why he made noises straight after the PO final about his future, thats why he foolishly blamed our lack of signings in the summer after we were outplayed at wolves in september and that why he (IMO anyway) looked like he was sulking badly pre-xmas.

then we went on superb run of form and are now in the mix for a PO place and all of sudden he is buzzing again.

his contract is up the summer after next. i'd like to think GJ would try and get him to sign another this summer or sell him. i would imagine (assuming we don't go up) that his decision will be entirely based on whether someone comes in for him who he perceives would have a better chance than us of reaching the prem. obviously if a prem club did come in for him h would be gone in a flash. but thats unlikely i feel.

I'd say that the first estimate of 500k-700k is more accurate than the 2.5m. That said I don't think we'd consider any offers less than 1.2m purely because decent left wingers aren't easy to come by. I think we paid over the odds with Nicky Maynard's fee of 2.25m but that is the way with young English strikers. Plus the two other unsuccessful attempts to sign a striker - Metab @ Mifsud - put us in a difficult position in that we were running out of options and I suspect Crewe knew that hense the price tag. Plus the fact that he had a great record, is very young and most importantly (in terms of the transfer fee), English.

Is 22 very young? By about 22, Wayne Rooney had won the european cup and about 40 odd england caps

Players are worth what anybody is prepared to pay to secure their services. A lot of Championship Clubs are struggling for cash, so finding a buyer may not be easy. In the case of McIndoe, he's not young, stroppy, unlikely to be a success at a higher level, so £250K. As for Maynard, we paid well over the odds, and his form was outstanding for a short while, but otherwise he has been distictly average. Depending on circumstances, value could be anything between £500k (Near ens of contract or we are desperate to sell) and £1.5m. As for Trundle, I think that getting him off the wage bill will be priority!

Guest churchill gaffer
We paid £2.5 million for Maynard so McIndoe must be worth more than that comparing their performances and contribution to games.

They are different types of players! Thats like saying to him play in goal

Just had a flick through the BBC paper talk section and whilst I realise this is far from gospel it says two Premier League clubs are chasing £2.5m rated Kris Commons. If Kris Commons is worth that much then how much is our left winger worth?

He hasn't quite reached the high standards he set himself last year and has been quite inconsistent this season (perhaps because he's forgotten how to play for a club for more than 6 months!) but he's still a good Championship left winger and how much should we expect if we were to sell him (as some expected us to)?

I would have said somewhare around £500-750k but if Commons is worth that much then perhaps it should be more. Perhaps it shows the lack of decent players available in that position and how hard it would probably be to replace McIndoe with someone any where near as good at a reasonable price.

Also does anyone with any 'insider' knowledge know how much we paid for him?

Doing well though not 100% comfortable. Should be playing central midfield. Top class manager in coming.

Soon thirty years old. Credit crunch.

Not based on when his contract is expiring/what sallary he is on £400 000 is a fair valuation.

He is worth alot to us but to everyone else about £250,000 if that.

Everyone seems to love him as a manager.

Don't now if it has been highlighted in Thatcherland but Erik Edman, Wigan, today announced he would transfer £50 000 to his old club Hereenveen. A ruling between his old club v bloodsucker (agent) said the money was Eriks but..

GOOD HONEST PEOPLE

:hug:

Don't now if it has been highlighted in Thatcherland but Erik Edman, Wigan, today announced he would transfer £50 000 to his old club Hereenveen. A ruling between his old club v bloodsucker (agent) said the money was Eriks but..

GOOD HONEST PEOPLE

:hug:

Thatchers gone ! (Rejoice)

I personally think Mcindoe has been poor this season. Nowhere near as good as last. he has picked up a bit the last month or so but before that i thought he has been one of our poorest players this season.

As for how much he is worth 500k/750k would be my guess!

I managed to have a word with Mac as he drove in before the Blackpool game, and yes my 9 year old son got his autograph - and theres not many of them given out at Ashton Gate.

I always thought he was a big headed arrogant #### but in fact he is quite shy in nature as is Nicky Maynard who I also had a few words with when he drove in just before a short run of goals before he got injured and yes Mac has also played better since I had that word with him. Fact is they are really nice blokes and my thanks to Nicky Maynards partner who rummaged around the car glovebox to find a pen so Nicky could sign my sons programme.

I'm convinced Nicky was worth the money but his talents are not being exploited when he continually has to line up with a different strike partner or he is regularly substituted. Mac has not been in good form this year but who cares if he is the one who eventually gives performances to inspire the team to the play offs.

The overriding factor for the team as a whole is lack of confidence due to their place in the team being put in doubt with a stray pass during a game - unless your name is Johnson of course! This was evident early in the season when Basso lost his place to a delighted Chris Weale who's only reward was to be sent out on loan and subsequently injured.

As was cited previously a player is worth as much as another team are prepared to pay. Efforts should be made to keep Mac as he is as good a left wing as any in the championship (2nd division) and they are in short supply, although our other left wing has returned from Leeds and should be named in front of Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeern on the bench this sunday as a utility forward, I did ask and there was a spare seat on that Southampton team bus going home I still think he should have been in it and Trundle home in Bristol a month ago.

Players are worth what anybody is prepared to pay to secure their services. A lot of Championship Clubs are struggling for cash, so finding a buyer may not be easy. In the case of McIndoe, he's not young, stroppy, unlikely to be a success at a higher level, so £250K. As for Maynard, we paid well over the odds, and his form was outstanding for a short while, but otherwise he has been distictly average. Depending on circumstances, value could be anything between £500k (Near ens of contract or we are desperate to sell) and £1.5m. As for Trundle, I think that getting him off the wage bill will be priority!

Archived