IGNORED

Akinde

Longacre_red

from Wycombe Website.........sounds very promising, lad is young needs games leave him there till end of season I say and bring him into the fold properly next season.

48 mins: GOALL!!!! What a game! What a goal! It's Akinde with a remarkable individual goal. He robs a Brentford defender of the ball on the touchline before running 30 yards, beating two players and driving the ball home from a tight angle. Class.

Looking forward to seeing his goals on the championship tommorow before we stuff Cardiff and go 6th.

However good or bad the goals were it's bound to give him confidence. TO score 2 goals against brentford who are top is very good also! Hopefully he can build his confidence and score a few more ready for next season. I think Conference to Championship is a huge step so it was never going to be easy really.

from Wycombe Website.........sounds very promising, lad is young needs games leave him there till end of season I say and bring him into the fold properly next season.

48 mins: GOALL!!!! What a game! What a goal! It's Akinde with a remarkable individual goal. He robs a Brentford defender of the ball on the touchline before running 30 yards, beating two players and driving the ball home from a tight angle. Class.

Depends how our season goes, if he gets say, 5 in 5, it can do no harm to have him on the bench for the last few if he's kept up that form.

Great start for him, anyway, he's just 19 remember, well done.

"Where were you when Kennedy was shot? when Diana died? when you found out John Major had been s****ing Edwina Currie? Today NASA spotted a new star over the M4. A messiah sent from Bristol to lighten our load and lead us to the promised badlands of Oldham and Huddersfield. Running half the pitch, stayed on his feet and calmly passing the ball into the glistening net. I'll remember because i was there" :D

from gasroom.co.uk (a wycombe site I assure you)

"Where were you when Kennedy was shot? when Diana died? when you found out John Major had been s****ing Edwina Currie? Today NASA spotted a new star over the M4. A messiah sent from Bristol to lighten our load and lead us to the promised badlands of Oldham and Huddersfield. Running half the pitch, stayed on his feet and calmly passing the ball into the glistening net. I'll remember because i was there" :D

from gasroom.co.uk (a wycombe site I assure you)

Does this end the Trundle debate once and for all?

Depends how our season goes, if he gets say, 5 in 5, it can do no harm to have him on the bench for the last few if he's kept up th aat form.

Great start for him, anyway, he's just 19 remember, well done.

I can only really see him coming back this season if the next 3/4 results are poor and the play-offs are out of reach, then I'd probably expect him and styvar to play a larger part in the squad and players like Trundle and John will be left out and players for the future will be given their chances.

However good or bad the goals were it's bound to give him confidence. TO score 2 goals against brentford who are top is very good also! Hopefully he can build his confidence and score a few more ready for next season. I think Conference to Championship is a huge step so it was never going to be easy really.
When GJ brought him here he always said he was one for the future rather than for the present. I think GJ sees him as Adebolas long term replacement and has been moulding him into that sort of player during training sessions with the help of Dele and Stern and there experience. GJ now feels what the lad now needs is matches to polish those skills he has learned and you can't really pick a better club than Wycombe who are fighting for promotion and manged by a successful former u21 manager.

I suspect suspect if we are still chasing the play offs in a month's time GJ will extend the loan by a further month as we will have a 24 hour recall option then but if we are out of the chase I recons he will bring him back. It was always likely that he would go out on loan at some stage.

Next season I would also imagine he would go out a longer loan, Most likely a League One club which by then could mean he could head back to Wycombe if they go up and think he will start to feature for us more regularly after Xmas.

When GJ brought him here he always said he was one for the future rather than for the present. I think GJ sees him as Adebolas long term replacement and has been moulding him into that sort of player during training sessions with the help of Dele and Stern and there experience. GJ now feels what the lad now needs is matches to polish those skills he has learned and you can't really pick a better club than Wycombe who are fighting for promotion and manged by a successful former u21 manager.

I suspect suspect if we are still chasing the play offs in a month's time GJ will extend the loan by a further month as we will have a 24 hour recall option then but if we are out of the chase I recons he will bring him back. It was always likely that he would go out on loan at some stage.

Next season I would also imagine he would go out a longer loan, Most likely a League One club which by then could mean he could head back to Wycombe if they go up and think he will start to feature for us more regularly after Xmas.

If he's 19 now he will be 20 next season, why would he be on loan at 20 ?

Adebola and John will be 34 and 33, if they are both still here. Lets look at the likelihood of Adebola, Styvar, Maynard and Akinde. If we get promoted a Messiah may be added, a given if our midfield looks productive and not in need of a signing :innocent06:

The backs with Orr, Ribiero Carey, Fontaine, J Wilson, McCombe and without McAllister, just need a good left back.

Peter Taylor had a special mention for his two new loan signings, firstly John Akinde, who bagged a brace including a stunning solo effort which put the Blues 3-2 ahead and secondly Marek Stech, who stood firm when Brentford came on strong looking for the winner in the closing stages.

Taylor said: "He (John Akinde) was terrific today. He's a very big lad, powerful and his overall game was outstanding. He had a couple of runs, both in the first and the second half and his second goal was outstanding and I'm sure Gary Johnson would have liked that. I was very pleased with him.

From that wycombe forum:

3) I said it during the week when he signed, but John Akinde is a fabulous striker, and I'm only sad that he's only with us for a month. His work rate was sensational (he looked absolutely dead by the final whistle, running himself into the ground). He tackled back well and put their midfield under pressure when they were dwelling on the ball. He was a constant menace, good in the air (see the first goal) and puts his head down and runs at defenders (see the second goal). If I was a centre back, I'd hate to have to play against him. With Harrold, Akinde, Pittman, Zebroski and Beavon, we should have enough firepower to score the goals to get us out of this division.

Good news for us!

And also:

2) I love the Doc as much as the next man, but sometimes, he's a complete idiot. Not only has he cost us two points today, but he's going to be banned for the games against Rochdale, Shrewsbury and Barnet. After a poor first half, we went in front early in the second half, got at Brentford, and were cruising to a comfortable three points. Tommy was fouled, the ref didn't give it and he responded by decking the Brentford player with an elbow. Absolute madness, and I felt slightly embarrassed by the Blues fans who were singing his name as he trudged off down the tunnel.

Nothing changes - didn't he get sent off against Wycombe once for us??

The backs with Orr, Ribiero, Carey, Fontaine, J Wilson, McCombe and without McAllister, just need a good left back.

Back from injury, I'm pretty sure Ribeiro will become a lot more involved in the first team next season. Like Akinde he will be 20 this year, and that's usually the age when you decide wether a player can cut it or not.

Nothing changes - didn't he get sent off against Wycombe once for us??

Yeah down at Adams Park, we ended up losing 3-0 !

Archived