IGNORED

Is Gavin Williams Our Best Player?

will alwayes beleve

He's up there now with Elliott, Basso, Carey and Fontaine for me.

agree with that fully, early season many understandably had their doubts, but since he's been fit he's up there with those you mentioned as a key player.

I'd love to see Elliott and Williams together in a 4-4-2 before the season is out

Always felt from the Charlton game he looked so much better in the middle glad its working out for him now he has bags of ability I reckon our strongest 3 man mid-field would be Skuse - Elliot - Williams with Johnson filling in where needed. Skuse is someone else who seems to have transformed over the last few months I thought he had a limited future at the club despite being talented now however he has made himself a integral part of the team.

Long may it continue.

Basso

Elliott

Carey

They are 3 completley different players with very different roles so its very hard to compare the, Gav could nit do the jobs of Basso and Carey and Vice versa - G Williams is becoming a very important part of our midfield however.

Gavin Williams or David Noble?

No question for me, Williams everyday of the week.

Has to play in the centre, and I personally don't think Johnson will hesitate in dropping his son, when Elliot is fit again.

As he mentioned just after the transfer window, he said Lee Johnson does a job in the middle and Gavin Williams is an excellent player who just needs to get fit again.

As he mentioned just after the transfer window, he said Lee Johnson does a job in the middle and Gavin Williams is an excellent player who just needs to get fit again.

LJ was our best midfielder against Cardiff in spite of recovering from illness.

Williams deserves to keep his place. Has Skuse shown enough to keep LJ out? Not really.

He will probably stay on the bench when Elliott gets back but maybe he'll get a better chance to earn a starting place yet.

They are 3 completley different players with very different roles so its very hard to compare the, Gav could nit do the jobs of Basso and Carey and Vice versa - G Williams is becoming a very important part of our midfield however.

Regardless of where they play the thread title is 'Is Gavin Williams Our Best Player?' Why can't a goal keeper of striker be our best player. Why can't a central midfielder of right back be our best player. It isn't about comparison to position it is about value to the team.

Williams and Noble seem exactly the same player. However Williams is fit enough for the Championship and my opinion of him has changed dramatically.

A midfield of New Signing/Sproule - Elliott - Williams - McIndoe - next season - whatever division we are in; will do nicely.

Add Johnson to the list and it would be mouth watering.

Regardless of where they play the thread title is 'Is Gavin Williams Our Best Player?' Why can't a goal keeper of striker be our best player. Why can't a central midfielder of right back be our best player. It isn't about comparison to position it is about value to the team.

Basso could be replaced and imo we would not lose much if anything with weale in goal, Our strikers can all be replaced by each other but at the moment we have nobody to replace Williams as his all round game is better than any of our other midfielders.

Williams and Noble seem exactly the same player. However Williams is fit enough for the Championship and my opinion of him has changed dramatically.

A midfield of New Signing/Sproule - Elliott - Williams - McIndoe - next season - whatever division we are in; will do nicely.

totally agree.

Sproule, Elliott, Williams, McIndoe would a great midfield, hopefully we will get to see it before the end of the season,

Skuse is perfect cover for Elliott, however we need to look for young upcoming wingers on both sides for cover, and also bring in an alternative to Williams incase of injury, again a younger player looking to move up a level.

LJ was our best midfielder against Cardiff in spite of recovering from illness.

Williams deserves to keep his place. Has Skuse shown enough to keep LJ out? Not really.

He will probably stay on the bench when Elliott gets back but maybe he'll get a better chance to earn a starting place yet.

totally disagree Skuse prior to injury has been probably been our best midfielder since xmas, he's more than covered for Elliott's injury and has also got among the goals, for him to be dropped anytime would be daft, even for Elliott who we have barely missed.

Williams has also been a revelation since getting a run of games and him in the middle with Elliott or Skuse would be a match for most teams in this division (outside the top 3)

as for LJ, did well 2nd half on sunday, but was poor first half due to normal slack passing and ability to retain possesion (the bloke gave the ball away 3 times in the first 2mins!), Williams played brilliantly until injury, but McIndoe was mixed, but got better as the game went on, but just looks lost in the middle, get him back out wide.

Archived