IGNORED

Is Gavin Williams Our Best Player?

will alwayes beleve

totally disagree Skuse prior to injury has been probably been our best midfielder since xmas, he's more than covered for Elliott's injury and has also got among the goals, for him to be dropped anytime would be daft, even for Elliott who we have barely missed.

I don't think you can be dropped if you're not even starting and that's the key point. Skuse hardly touched the ball on Sunday (not his fault), LJ had a good game & scored a nice goal against Coventry so are you really going to drop him?

On his day, I think Skuse is better technically than both LJ & Williams. But he has to prove consistency and maybe a few other things too.

It's funny that when GJ said we have enough talent in midfield and we all had our doubts, he was right. Even when Marv got injured.

There isn't a single player starting who you can justify dropping. And yet we're going to have more quality on our bench than most starting teams in the Championship.

Given we're making 2 attacking substitutions per game, there isn't a lot of room for midfield substitutions either. I think we have to go back to 4-4-2 when Marv gets back.

I'd love to see Skuse get his chance, maybe 4-4-2 against QPR but are you going to drop Fonts or McCombe?

I don't think you can be dropped if you're not even starting and that's the key point. Skuse hardly touched the ball on Sunday (not his fault), LJ had a good game & scored a nice goal against Coventry so are you really going to drop him?

On his day, I think Skuse is better technically than both LJ & Williams. But he has to prove consistency and maybe a few other things too.

It's funny that when GJ said we have enough talent in midfield and we all had our doubts, he was right. Even when Marv got injured.

There isn't a single player starting who you can justify dropping. And yet we're going to have more quality on our bench than most starting teams in the Championship.

Given we're making 2 attacking substitutions per game, there isn't a lot of room for midfield substitutions either. I think we have to go back to 4-4-2 when Marv gets back.

I'd love to see Skuse get his chance, maybe 4-4-2 against QPR but are you going to drop Fonts or McCombe?

don't need to drop Fonts or McCombe, Carey is banned for next 2 games.

Sorry, I didn't really mean dropped technically because obviously he can't be as he's been injured, just feel he should be recalled now he's fit, if someone is to be dropped from midfield then based on current form I'd say Lee would be the one to come out, he's not been playing well for weeks now, he scored Cov, but had an utter stinker overall, and he only really played well on Sunday after Williams had gone off, in the first half again he couldn't find a pass.

Skuse did have a bit of play , however his most important one was the taclke that was deemed a foul just after Cardiff had scored, (something that should have been done couple of mins earlier to stop the first by Carey) he took a booking for the tackle, but it was needed.

personally with Carey out and skuse fit, personally away from home, I'd stick with 3-5-2 (5-3-2) away from home,

Bass, Izzy, Font, McCombe, Orr, McAllister, McIndoe, Williams, Skuse, Dele, Maynard

good solid team, with strong defence and excellent attacking options, or if switching to 4-4-2

Bas, Orr, Font, McCombe, McAllsiter, McIndoe, Williams, Skuse, Johnson or Sproule, Dele, Maynard

don't need to drop Fonts or McCombe, Carey is banned for next 2 games.

Sorry, I didn't really mean dropped technically because obviously he can't be as he's been injured, just feel he should be recalled now he's fit, if someone is to be dropped from midfield then based on current form I'd say Lee would be the one to come out, he's not been playing well for weeks now, he scored Cov, but had an utter stinker overall, and he only really played well on Sunday after Williams had gone off, in the first half again he couldn't find a pass.

Skuse did have a bit of play , however his most important one was the taclke that was deemed a foul just after Cardiff had scored, (something that should have been done couple of mins earlier to stop the first by Carey) he took a booking for the tackle, but it was needed.

personally with Carey out and skuse fit, personally away from home, I'd stick with 3-5-2 (5-3-2) away from home,

Bass, Izzy, Font, McCombe, Orr, McAllister, McIndoe, Williams, Skuse, Dele, Maynard

good solid team, with strong defence and excellent attacking options, or if switching to 4-4-2

Bas, Orr, Font, McCombe, McAllsiter, McIndoe, Williams, Skuse, Johnson or Sproule, Dele, Maynard

wow

So if we kind of all agree Gavin Williams is one of our best player at the moment, who has been the best player over the season, and more to the point who has been our best player since being in the championship?

At the moment - Gavin Williams

This season - Dele Adebola (probably :huh: )

Since in the Championship - I reckon probably Carey. Basso and Orr were highly commended last season but Orr has not hit his form this season compared to last. Basso Eliott must come close too, but think Carey edges it for me :winner_third_h4h:

Thoughts?

So if we kind of all agree Gavin Williams is one of our best player at the moment, who has been the best player over the season, and more to the point who has been our best player since being in the championship?

At the moment - Gavin Williams

This season - Dele Adebola (probably :huh: )

Since in the Championship - I reckon probably Carey. Basso and Orr were highly commended last season but Orr has not hit his form this season compared to last. Basso Eliott must come close too, but think Carey edges it for me :winner_third_h4h:

Thoughts?

at the moment, it's a tough call between Skuse & Williams who have been very consistant.

This Season......Dele or Carey

Since in this Divsion, Carey, McIndoe or Basso have been very consistant

Would one of those [attacking] subs be better used to alter the supply route?

The more I look at it, the more I agree with what GJ is doing.

The strategy for the Cardiff game worked in the first half. I don't know what was said at half time but we became immensely predictable attacking.

Assuming Williams was injured, Skuse was the obvious replacement. Adebola came on as early as possible at 56mins, so that's 2 subs down. I'd have subbed Maynard just before he scored at 71 mins so kudos to GJ for not doing that.

You don't sub someone who just broke their goal drought and you don't take off a defender after scoring. So Maynard was the only person who could be subbed and Styvar needs match time so that's inevitable too.

Cardiff were seriously lucky to get the equaliser. We played really well.

My only real concern was nearly every attacking move going to McIndoe with him being dispossessed seconds later. We have a tendency to stick with what we know.

Looking ahead to QPR, Maynard was really suffering from his goal drought. Hopefully that's over with and so we need him and John to start. McIndoe isn't attacking well atm but still justifies his place.

Orr and McAllister don't seem to be able to cross so, with Carey out, I think 4-4-2 is likely. With McIndoe, LJ, Skuse & Williams in midfield and Sproule on the bench, we have some nice options there.

Archived