IGNORED

The Ref

GrahamC

Can't believe no-one has said this already, how many of Cardiff's dives did he fall for?

He seemed determined that it would end up as a draw as I think he gave us about one decision after we scored.

this is bollox. So he made Basso drop the ball ?

I thought he was excellent and we unfortunatly blew it.

I said it during the game (and I'm normally fairer to the officials than most)... but after the goal it was almost as if the Sky producer had told him it would make great, dramatic TV if Cardiff nicked an equaliser.

No, I'm not saying he single-handedly cost us 3 points, but it was mind-boggling how many bad decisions he made after the goal.

I said it during the game (and I'm normally fairer to the officials than most)... but after the goal it was almost as if the Sky producer had told him it would make great, dramatic TV if Cardiff nicked an equaliser.

No, I'm not saying he single-handedly cost us 3 points, but it was mind-boggling how many bad decisions he made after the goal.

I half expected him to join in the celebrations when Cardiff scored.

And having watched the replay, Skuse got the ball, and didnt need to be booked!

:disapointed2se:

Dolly he got the ball, but surely it was so blatantly from behind..... I don't think it matters whether you get the ball or not if you tackle from behind now.

What made me laugh about that though was how quickly Skuse moved after losing the ball at the other end. I don't think he's run that fast in his life, and I'll swear that as he ran he was already hearing the b#ll#king he was going to get from GJ if that had been costly!!

Can't believe no-one has said this already, how many of Cardiff's dives did he fall for?

He seemed determined that it would end up as a draw as I think he gave us about one decision after we scored.

i've said it lots. 1st half he was fine but i have never seen a more one sided performance from a ref in my life 2nd half and the one decision he did give us in the 94th min was WRONG as well.

He could hardly wait to give Cardiff the benefit, so many bad calls it was almost comical.

One that springs to mind was Maynard being hacked down in front of him and he gives a free kick...... to cardiff for handball!

Shocking and i've never come on here for a rant about a ref before ,he shouldnt be anywhere near a league game imo and i truly think he would have carried on playing until Cardiff scored.

He was inconsistant thats all. Almost all the CCC refs that we've seen over the last two seasons have the same condition. Its as if inconsistancy is a pre-requisite to take charge of CCC matches.

The standard of yesterday ref was exactly what we've got used to. No point moaning about it.

He was inconsistant thats all. Almost all the CCC refs that we've seen over the last two seasons have the same condition. Its as if inconsistancy is a pre-requisite to take charge of CCC matches.

The standard of yesterday ref was exactly what we've got used to. No point moaning about it.

Agreed.

No point moaning about the ref - he doesn't miss gilt-edged chances or do mis-placed passes for us - I would expect Crapdiff fans to be saying the same as us about the standard of refereeing yesterday - just play the bloody hand your dealt with and get on with it!

Much like the players at CCC level.

The referre was generally poor thoughout the match, very fussy and didn't let it flow but to suggest he was bias or responsible for the goal is naive and bitter on our part.

We drew because players were out of position when we lost the ball and then Basso made a mistake by trying to not conceed the corner.

Also was mystified why Johnson didn't bring Sproule on after we scored as Cardiff just pushed forward and left lots of space in behind them. It was just made for Sproule solo effort.

Also was mystified why Johnson didn't bring Sproule on after we scored as Cardiff just pushed forward and left lots of space in behind them. It was just made for Sproule solo effort.

Was thinking the same thing. I assumed he was'nt on the bench!

I thought he was terrible. Was more than willing to give Cardiff free kicks all over the pitch for the smallest and even non existant things (Like when Dele gave away a free kick despite being sandwiched by two Cardiff players and being pushed from behind) especially once we were one nil up.

We never got anything unless it was so blatent and blindingly obvious he had no option...and even some of those decisions he didn't give...like the trip on Dele.

Send him back to the prem

What about when we had attacking possesion from a throw, then the crowd threw the ball back on the pitch. I'd have thought the throw would be replayed but we had to give the ball to Cardiff who wellied it to Basso.

I assume this in the laws but seems crazy.

Refs have had a few threads this season and the general consensus after speaking to fans at Reading, Saints, Wolves and a few other places is the standard this season has been awful for both teams. Inconsistent and poor support from the lines. Sundays charmer has to be in the bottom three for both sides and Skuse,s booking is a prime example where he actually won the ball before making contact and that was minimal. Oh Well.

Dolly he got the ball, but surely it was so blatantly from behind..... I don't think it matters whether you get the ball or not if you tackle from behind now.

The ref didn't give it until the linesman flagged.

He was a very poor ref, as has been said inconsistent throughout the game and Maynard's & Skuse's bookings were unwarrantied.

this is bollox. So he made Basso drop the ball ?

I thought he was excellent and we unfortunatly blew it.

I thought he was rubbish. i would like to say something much much stronger but this forum is not the place for that.

Worst ref i have seen in a very long time.

Cole Skuse ran a third of the pitch to win the ball back after losing it at the end of the match and a superb tackle it was too... the ref blew for a free kick... a very poor decision.

Lee Johnson had a great shout for a penalty, waved away. there were too many incidents to mention.

The end result could have been different had he done his job. Plainly he did not.

When Skuse covered great ground after losing the ball and made a SUPERB tackle the ref gives a free kick to Cardiff and a booking for Skuse. Okay it was from behind but he got the ball completely!

He gave some bizarre decisions like when Dele was tripped towards the end and the keeper was allowed to play on!

Also, in the first half Darren Purse kicked the ball out for a throw in and the he got to kick the ball back to Basso! What was that all about!?!

Sad to say, you're spot on.

And I think it really got to the team, which probably contributed to Cardiff's goal.

Coventry's ref was shocking too. And one of the linesman.

But yeah, you have to expect these things in football.

I was wondering about Sproule too. Maybe he wasn't fit.

Archived