IGNORED

Thread On A Cardiff Forum.

Portland Bill

The older cardiff fans say us - the younger lot say swans.

I think there our 2nd rivals.

I used to work with an older Baaadiff supporter. At first, I thought here we go when he was brandishing his Baaadiff City tattoos but he turned out to be an excellent work mate with a genuine liking for this football club as well. I even taught him "Drink Up Thy Zider" - and it wasn't long before he could sing that better than I can. :noexpression:

Believe me they Hate us ....with a passion

I have several good friends who are current CCFC ST Holders as well as a few who are banned from football for various reasons

They see Bristol City as a shining example of everything they detest about the English

And it goes back a long way......even prior to the Aberfan chants (which are still well remembered by the Welsh)

Lets face it most of the undesirable Cardiff fans hate all English clubs and as City are the nearest to them its understandable that they would see us as their nearest rivals.

Historically I can remember a time when Swindon was the game that had the most rivlary and other times when it was the Gas. Much depends on what divsion the various club are in. With both the Gas and Swindon not being in our league then currently its Cardiff I guess.

Always has been and always will be Cardiff, similar size clubs, England Wales thing. Nothing else comes close to it for me.

for most of us its city and rovers..unless youre still at school where theres not a lot of gas..in most workplaces we co exist..makes me laugh when you say cardiff are your main rivals..but every1 to their own opinion eh..

Whats Gary Glitter got to do wih it?

:tumbleweed:

Interestingly, if fans sing "Hello, Hello, City (or whatever club) are back, City are back" to the tune of "Hello Hello Good to Be Back", at a televised game, Mr Gadd aka Gary Glitter receives royalties from the TV company, as co-writer of the song :disapointed2se:

He also gets royalties from any purchase of the Oasis CD (What's the Story)Morning Glory? which contains a credit to him for the first track which incorporates the same song.

Just thought I'd drop that into the conversation.

Interestingly, if fans sing "Hello, Hello, City (or whatever club) are back, City are back" to the tune of "Hello Hello Good to Be Back", at a televised game, Mr Gadd aka Gary Glitter receives royalties from the TV company, as co-writer of the song :disapointed2se:

He also gets royalties from any purchase of the Oasis CD (What's the Story)Morning Glory? which contains a credit to him for the first track which incorporates the same song.

Are you serious about this ? Who on earth would police it ??!!

Always has been and always will be Cardiff, similar size clubs, England Wales thing. Nothing else comes close to it for me.

for most of us its city and rovers..unless youre still at school where theres not a lot of gas..in most workplaces we co exist..makes me laugh when you say cardiff are your main rivals..but every1 to their own opinion eh..

I never went to a school in Bristol, never lived in Bristol and none of my family have ever lived in Bristol. For me it's Cardiff, for you it's not, it's simple Phil.

always the welsh. the gad were no1 when abuot but they more like anoyin litle bruver now than geniuen rivals

i get it now..the exiles who don't live in bristol count cardiff as their no1 rivals..the ones who live in bristol beggar to differ..hey ho..were still better than you anyway..you just wait till we come up in a couple of seasons..hang on we,ll probably pass eachother.. :innocent06:

i get it now..the exiles who don't live in bristol count cardiff as their no1 rivals..the ones who live in bristol beggar to differ..hey ho..were still better than you anyway..you just wait till we come up in a couple of seasons..hang on we,ll probably pass eachother.. :innocent06:

it has to be cardiff how can we have a rivalry with a team we might only ever hope to play in the fa or league cup

and why is the pirate playing with himself or is it an itch due to his exploits with irene

I'd be more concerned if he was recieving royalties for songs he didnt write!

They see Bristol City as a shining example of everything they detest about the English

Some Welsh see Bristol City FC as a shining example of everything they love about the English. A bit politically incorrect but we're Premier League with regard to some of our supporters' fighting abilities. :winner_third_h4h:

I'm 16 and i depise Cardiff more than I do Rovers. This is because we're in the same league as Cardiff and it is always a tough test against them whenever we play. Also because of the english welsh rivalry. Rovers are in a different league and I just settle for the banter with my sag friends at school.

Sunday I felt like crying because of their equaliser it hurt quite a bit and I think it was worse than losing to Rovers.

Archived