IGNORED

Clubs To Go Bust

CotswoldRed

Guest Red Nee Tot
hi,I'm new to theforum,but I just wondered how much the gaswork clowns are responsible for Cheltenhams plight?

There is only one club responsible for Cheltenham's plight and that is Cheltenham themselves.

Guest Red Nee Tot
The Gas are most definately responsible for the current plight of Bristol Rugby Club. No doubt about that whatsoever.

I was under the impression this thread was only about Association football clubs. Or did i read it wrong ???

I was under the impression this thread was only about Association football clubs. Or did i read it wrong ???

Things can become a bit blurred when one of them plays their games at the home of Bristol Rugby Club, The Memorial Ground.

Rovers to blame for Cheltenham's and Bristol Rugby Clubs' misfortunes in the minds of many right thinking people. :yes:

Little wonder then they have so few friends in the area they play in and the West Country generally.

Things can become a bit blurred when one of them plays their games at the home of Bristol Rugby Club, The Memorial Ground.

Rovers to blame for Cheltenham's and Bristol Rugby Clubs' misfortunes in the minds of many right thinking people. :yes:

Little wonder then they have so few friends in the area they play in and the West Country generally.

To quote Drew Peacock's considered analysis of the plight of Bristol Rugby - the Gas really are to blame.........

As has been said no rich backer is the main downfall so operating off a smaller wage bill, added to which the Squatters dicked them over in the summer with their volte face about not building the new ground - which they had known about for some time but had failed to tell the rugby club, so their budget was set at an even lower level, resulting in them not bringing in several new faces that had been lined up. Or so I am reliably informed.

Although the real rot set in when rugby saw the money that football was generating and operating at and thought "I'll have some of that" so went professional (although clubs like Bath had been all but professional for a long while with their boot money). In an instant they lost touch with their uniqueness, the fact that rugby clubs are rooted in the local community.

Clubs in our division and above going bust may be our ticket to the Premier League. I'm pretty sure The Arsenal got promotion to the top flight by default many years ago and have been there ever since. If I had my way I'd divert money from corrupt bankers' and politicians' pensions and salaries into this football club - thus stimulating the South Bristol economy. "Bankers must be impoverished so that we can enjoy top flight football" should be our battle cry. :winner_third_h4h:

As a Rupublican/Conservative at heart, Gobbers........ I believe that Maggie would have supported you all the way on this one ..... I'm with you mate :)

Yeah it's twisted and all that but I know you know what I mean :)

Lights blue Maggie touch paper.... stands well back but expects to be understood...... Muhaha

As a Rupublican/Conservative at heart, Gobbers........ I believe that Maggie would have supported you all the way on this one ..... I'm with you mate :)

Yeah it's twisted and all that but I know you know what I mean :)

Lights blue Maggie touch paper.... stands well back but expects to be understood...... Muhaha

I blame Maggie's husband Dennis Thatcher for not keeping the silly hag chained to the kitchen sink. We'd probably still have a coal and manufacturing industry in this country now had Dennis done the right thing and kept Maggie in the kitchen. :winner_third_h4h:

"Hundreds of players in the Championship, League One and League Two are in danger of being out of work this summer as up to 10 clubs could go bust because of the economic crisis". (Daily Mirror)

I know Stockport's situation is grim, but who else is that close to going into administration and possibly liquidation?

Luton?

Charlton? any others in the championship?

I'm sure the Mirror know nothing too specific as the truth isn't their strong point, but the crunch is bound to take a few out.

So it's very reassuring that CITY has one of the U.K.'s best moneymen at the helm.

But can we profit from other club's misfortunes ? Any bargain-basement players to be had ? Who ?

There is only one club responsible for Cheltenham's plight and that is Cheltenham themselves.

Correct - more specifically the board which allowed the manager to do things his way - I was having a beer with a person associated with the club in Gloucester a couple of weeks back who was pretty frank with me, and the Gas never came into the conversation.

I thought it was the U.K.'s best money men who, er, sort of got us in to this whole credit crunch scenario?

(SL excepted of course...)

I'm not now allowed to mention a certain former Soviet Red Army leader on here but those 'top bankers' - who have collapsed our banking system with their greed - need an appointment at a Siberian Gulag. You might also find that those so called "U.K.'s best money men" are not genuine financiers at all but merely a clique of inbred public school educated Toffs.

I thought it was the U.K.'s best money men who, er, sort of got us in to this whole credit crunch scenario?

(SL excepted of course...)

No: I did say "best". I don't think you can regard the entire Financial /banking community of the world as a single homogeneous mass:- all tarred with the same brush.

As English football is, sadly, so dominated by MONEY ,I believe that SL is the ideal man to lead CITY forward.

No: I did say "best". I don't think you can regard the entire Financial /banking community of the world as a single homogeneous mass:- all tarred with the same brush.

As English football is, sadly, so dominated by MONEY ,I believe that SL is the ideal man to lead CITY forward.

Steve Lansdown is exonerated simply due to the fact that he leads this football club. What inbred public school educated corrupt lowlife banking Toff - such as the Royalist Bank of Scotland's Fred the Shred - would want to have anything to do with us as mere 'oiks'. :winner_third_h4h:

Liverpool could be one of those clubs who are in a spot of bother this summer, although this was according to The Hate Mail on Sunday.

Anyway newspaper aside, Gillett may have defaulted on debt to RBS/Wachovia, which means that if things go further wrong, then they could be forced to sell the club and if no buyer is found, then the bank could put a ban on all incoming transfers AND force them to sell their top assets to start clearing the debt!

If the same happens to Man United and something happens to Abramovich, 'real football' top flight, here we come!? :winner_third_h4h:

Clubs I can see going to the wall.

Newcastle if they go down, none of their players have clauses in their contracts for release on relegation, and they'll never manage to pay those wages in the championship even with the parachute payments.

Hull may be right in it, they signed Bullard on some seriously good wages when they were flying high (estimated at £45000 a week)

If they go down, I hope they had the sense to insert a relegation release clause, otherwise we could see another Bradford City scenario where noone wants to have him and they have to carry on paying stupid money. The way they are going at the moment in the league I have serious concerns for their survival, they are in freefall

Archived