IGNORED

Clubs To Go Bust

CotswoldRed

"Hundreds of players in the Championship, League One and League Two are in danger of being out of work this summer as up to 10 clubs could go bust because of the economic crisis". (Daily Mirror)

I know Stockport's situation is grim, but who else is that close to going into administration and possibly liquidation?

Luton?

Charlton? any others in the championship?

I'm sure the Mirror know nothing too specific as the truth isn't their strong point, but the crunch is bound to take a few out.

Considering most Football chairman/owners are business retards when it comes to running football clubs this figure is not surprising.

Will be interesting to see.. I only hope Cardiff, Wolves, Birmingham and Reading go into administration, today would be preferable, that would be great timing.

Clubs may go into admin, but there's no way we will see 10 Scarboroughs.

I can imagine alot of non league clubs disappearing, too many clubs were chucking around silly money and now find themselves utterly shafted. A little birdy tells me the local scene may be utterly changed in the next 12 months.........

I can imagine alot of non league clubs disappearing, too many clubs were chucking around silly money and now find themselves utterly shafted. A little birdy tells me the local scene may be utterly changed in the next 12 months.........

Care to elaborate moomin?

Southampton are, allegedly, waiting until the end of the season before deciding whether to go into administration or not.. Depends on whether they are relegated or not..

There is a cut off date of around the 26th March.

If clubs go into administration after this date the 10 point deduction would begin the following season

There is a cut off date of around the 26th March.

If clubs go into administration after this date the 10 point deduction would begin the following season

Yep its the 26th.

If admin takes place after the 26th the deductions will begin next season.

If, however, the 10 point penalty is enough to relegate you this season (and you would otherwise stay up) it would be then brought forward to this season.

This is why as someone pointed out in another thread we don,t need a 20 grand a week striker to pose and lose the club money. I am sure Norwich ain,t that far off, nor Oldham and to be honest i thought there would be more.

Clubs in our division and above going bust may be our ticket to the Premier League. I'm pretty sure The Arsenal got promotion to the top flight by default many years ago and have been there ever since. If I had my way I'd divert money from corrupt bankers' and politicians' pensions and salaries into this football club - thus stimulating the South Bristol economy. "Bankers must be impoverished so that we can enjoy top flight football" should be our battle cry. :winner_third_h4h:

Clubs in our division and above going bust may be our ticket to the Premier League. I'm pretty sure The Arsenal got promotion to the top flight by default many years ago and have been there ever since. If I had my way I'd divert money from corrupt bankers' and politicians' pensions and salaries into this football club - thus stimulating the South Bristol economy. "Bankers must be impoverished so that we can enjoy top flight football" should be our battle cry. :winner_third_h4h:

And what makes you think that we won't be one of the clubs going bust? We only survive thanks to the generosity of Steve Lansdown, and if something happened to him........we'd be forked.

Southampton are, allegedly, waiting until the end of the season before deciding whether to go into administration or not.. Depends on whether they are relegated or not..

Cutting off corners of their stadium because they can't afford it, laying off the majority of staff, poor ticket sales, poor season ticket sales (that was the situation at the start of the season anyway). Definitely on the brink of it.

Lets just hope and prey it Rovers you are talking about.

Yep its the 26th.

If, however, the 10 point penalty is enough to relegate you this season (and you would otherwise stay up) it would be then brought forward to this season.

True, from what I was told they were very close to it a few weeks ago, but due to a few wins they held off in the hope they would stay up and could try to find a way around it...

And what makes you think that we won't be one of the clubs going bust? We only survive thanks to the generosity of Steve Lansdown, and if something happened to him........we'd be forked.

I thought Lansdowns investment is essentially in shares. That means he can't "call his debts in" as such.

Isn't it the case that he'd have to find someone to buy all his shares to effectively run off?

Is it also brought forward if the deduction is enough to deny promotion?

Is it also brought forward if the deduction is enough to deny promotion?

Not sure if that has been thought of actually ... though administration is unlikely to afflict any club being promoted. Would be far easier to convince Inland Revenue and Banks to avoid admin.

Not sure if that has been thought of actually ... though administration is unlikely to afflict any club being promoted. Would be far easier to convince Inland Revenue and Banks to avoid admin.

Darlington were in a playoff place until administration cost them 10 points, would still be there if the points were not deducted

Guest MaloneFM

From a paper that bought you Orr to Liverpool and Gary Johnson to Watford Charlton West Ham QPR is not one I'd trust to even tell me todays date.

This morning on Sky Sports News they stated that today is the deadline day for Administration. This prevents clubs from waiting to see if they're relegated or not before applying.

Meanwhile Wigan's Chairman has stated "A Premier League club will go bust".

Since many clubs owe money to many other clubs, if three went under the knock on effect would be felt through most of the League.

Ok, Cardiff are in a lot of debt and next year will share the new rugby stadium with Cardiff Blues, presumably the money made from the sale of the Ninian Park will not see the light of day as I believe they don't own Ninian Park.

If they fail to gain promotion (which looked likely until the FA/WFA rescinded McCormacks straight red and reduced Guipes ban to one game), then they will have to sell, Johnson, Ledley and McCormmack will leave and D Jones may well follow. The exodus could leed to a spiraling descent down the football ladder.

I think Cardiff could in the next 2/3 years come very close to folding, providing they fail to gain promotion this season.

Well heres hoping anyway.

Ninnian was given to Redrow I believe, as part payment for the new build. Will the council own this new ground or will it be the football club?

I suspect the prem club could well be Everton, but then Stokes owners are Icelandic (so will be skint) and portsmouths money worries are well documented.

Ninnian was given to Redrow I believe, as part payment for the new build. Will the council own this new ground or will it be the football club?

I suspect the prem club could well be Everton, but then Stokes owners are Icelandic (so will be skint) and portsmouths money worries are well documented.

I'd suspect West Ham may be a more likely shout.

Icelandic owner, £20m owed to Sheffield United over the Tevez saga and others making legal claims (Fulham, Leeds and Warnock, to name but three), must surely see them hanging on by their fingernails.

I don't mean pro clubs round here, but alot of Western league sides ect bankrolled by builders ect in the last few years are screwed, I won't name the ones I've been told are under serious threat, but I doubt any would come as a major suprise.

Puxton in trouble i hear. real shame.

Archived