IGNORED

The Clearout Has Started

cityfan

It seems to me the GJ, sensibly, is starting to release players that will not be around next season.

So far

Artus

Noble

Myrie-Williams

All out on loan and no contracts forthcoming.

Saw the reserve game against Forest Green Rovers this week and none of the senior players did anything to stake a claim. Accepted that Marvin Elliott will come back into the side though

Who else will be released in the next 6 weeks?

It seems to me the GJ, sensibly, is starting to release players that will not be around next season.

So far

Artus

Noble

Myrie-Williams

Saw the reserve game against Forest Green Rovers this week and none of the senior players did anything to stake a claim. Accepted that Marvin Elliott will come back into the side though

Any idea whose contracts end in the summer?

I think we will see a few new players come in this summer. Two seasons of doing excellently in the Championship, but a bit more needed to push forward and lead the Championship.

Ribero and Wilson staking claims next year. Other than that, I think we will get someone on the left as cover for Mcindoe and another striker as I think we will lose a few this summer. Would have said a new midfielder as well, but as Cole Skuse has done so well this may be mitigated. Were we to get a new central midfielder, I doubt we could support Skuse, Johnson, Elliott and Williams as well.

McCoombe, Brain Wilson, Weale are the only players i could imagine leaving us aswell as Artus, Noble, Myrie-Williams. Maybe Adebola will leave us too, I hope not.

Brian Wilson is definitely staying.

When he was ruled out for the season GJ said he wants to keep him at AG and he'll be offered a new contract.

I didn't know that, but its nice to hear as I like Wilson. Has he been offered a new deal yet do you know?

Don't know if a deal has already been offered CH, but GJ was very definite that he rates Wilson highly and intends to keep him at AG.

I would agree with

Noble

J-M-W

Trundle

John

Iriekpen

Artus

Murray

which is the easy bit, we then have the list of players who we would not want to loose, but may get an offer we cannot refuse for.......and having been near the top of the Championship for two seasons a lot more clubs will be looking closely at our players then before. Those subject to uninvited bids....?

Basso

Elliott

Orr

Skuse

Fontaine

If we do get a couple of bids we cannot refuse, or if one of these really wants to go then this summer could become a major rebuild.

So far

Artus

Noble

Myrie-Williams

Hardly a clearout just the one's we already knew about.

Why has young lads like Myrie Williams not been given a chance? I'm sure he could of done as well as Maynard has to date and cost 2.25m less.

Why has young lads like Myrie Williams not been given a chance? I'm sure he could of done as well as Maynard has to date and cost 2.25m less.

Isnt Frankie Artus seen as a future prospect? I thought he was out on loan to get some experience?

Yeah, you'd think GJ would at least see him in training every day, watch him in Reserve games, give him 36 1st team appearances, let him have a spell on loan in league one, before deciding he's not good enough to force his way into the first team.

This season:

I first saw one of these players in the friendly against FGR.

I first saw the other player in a friendly against ManU's feeder club Royal Antwerp.

One had a hissy fit because no-one was passing to him. The other scored a superb hattrick.

Whether or not you attended these matches I suspect you can guess who was who.

That says it all.

At a guess the following will be released/willingly sold/ etc:

Murray (coaching role)

Noble

Artus

Weale

Trundle

Walker

John

Iriekpen

This should free up substantial wages for which we should be able to go out and bring in 3-5 quality Championship-standard players wherever they may come from!!

If it were up to me my signings would be:

Simon Cox

Lee Croft

Akos Buzsaky

Dean Lewington

Do you live only to antagonise!?

Because if you do not then you surely realise what a ridiculous comment that is?

If GJ had given the kids ago at the start of the season

You would most probably be on here slagging GJ off

for not spending money

and steve lansdown for not giving him any :innocent06:

So far

Artus

Noble

Myrie-Williams

Doris at tea station 1 i hear. sad really, i liked her banter and entrenched knowledge of the game and recall of matches past while she religiously stirred the tea for you. real personal touch. from now on it'll be plastic cups, catering pg tips tea bags, watered down milk and reverse osmosis water all round. :fastasleep:

At a guess the following will be released/willingly sold/ etc:

Murray (coaching role)

Noble

Artus

Weale

Trundle

Walker

John

Iriekpen

I very much doubt Weale would be "willingly sold" - I'd have thought he's likely to be at AG longer than Basso.

Basso is rightly a firm favourite but has been making a few costly errors recently and Weale is surely the better bet for the future if one is to go.

We're told that Basso has admirers and it'll be interesting to see what City do if they get a reasonable offer for him.

I'd say Basso is a real possibility as a 'surprise departure' in the close season.

Isnt Frankie Artus seen as a future prospect? I thought he was out on loan to get some experience?

Its interesting that Johnson's reported comments on both Noble and Myrie-Williams's loan deals included reference to them being out of contract at the end of the season and in both he 'wished them well' which sounds like a farewell message to me. The comments about Artus were quite different and suggested that he MAY have a future at Ashton Gate if he performs to the best of his abilities at Cheltenham. Artus's problem has been injuries, which have hampered recent loan deals. When he has played on loan, by all accounts he has been outstanding.

Noble - Gone

JMW - Gone

Trundle - too slow for GJ

John - performances don't compensate wages

Adebola - will go for most money and I don't think it will be us

McIndoe - will go cos pi$$ed of wolves getting promoted making him look silly

Elliott - Won't be able to fight off wolves and co

Weale - Can't be second choice for any longer

Its interesting that Johnson's reported comments on both Noble and Myrie-Williams's loan deals included reference to them being out of contract at the end of the season and in both he 'wished them well' which sounds like a farewell message to me. The comments about Artus were quite different and suggested that he MAY have a future at Ashton Gate if he performs to the best of his abilities at Cheltenham. Artus's problem has been injuries, which have hampered recent loan deals. When he has played on loan, by all accounts he has been outstanding.

I recently spoke with Steve Perryman who helps out at Exeter City. They had Artus on loan sometime ago and said he was a "fantastic ball player" and definately one to watch for the future. Artus is always in the reserve team, so he must be in and around GJ's plans for the next season or so.

I recently spoke with Steve Perryman who helps out at Exeter City. They had Artus on loan sometime ago and said he was a "fantastic ball player" and definately one to watch for the future. Artus is always in the reserve team, so he must be in and around GJ's plans for the next season or so.

Those commetns tien with Mad Dog Allens comments about him...he said he signed him on loan for Chelts after watching him play brilliant for Brentford

Obviously highly rated by experienced coaches & the like.........well done Frankie

Also agree with earlier poster ref Weale......can't & won't want to be benched ay longer - likewise Henderson who is on U21 international duty.... one or other will want out ...or maybe Basso is the one to out

certainly hope and expect Artus to stay - we seem to be about to reap the benefits of the academy with Ribeiro, Wilson and Artus all likely to be around the squad at leats next year.

An interesting piece on Ribeiro from last year

http://www.givemefootball.com/championship...ide-for-ribeiro

and a couple of days ago

http://news.BBC.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/l...les/7958653.stm

Read this with disbelief, was ready with my reply and then noticed that others have already said what i wanted to say. I`ve nothing against JMW but i can honestly say that not once this season when watching Maynard have i thought that JMW might have done `as well`. Where the hell did you pluck that from ? :tumbleweed:

PDG

Those commetns tien with Mad Dog Allens comments about him...he said he signed him on loan for Chelts after watching him play brilliant for Brentford

Obviously highly rated by experienced coaches & the like.........well done Frankie

The only thing that worried me in Mad dog's quotes was something about, his "price had come down since the last time he enquired about him" ? I don't know if he was fishing in some way but just seemed strange.

Archived