IGNORED

Noble Radio Interview

Ross Verbals

The lad seems to not be his bubbly self, quite a few awkward moments at the beginning of the interview.

Sure, he has been given the cold shoulder by Gary Johnson for whatever reason but everyone knows he is a talented player. The 'free for all' he talks of in terms of the summer transfer window will be an interesting one, does he hold out for a championship club? I think in a 5 man midfield he is definitely championship quality. Or does he drop down a division and be a 'star' in league one, as a player surely capable of match winning performances? As a professional it is a tough call, but he was bold enough to move to Boston from West Ham and earn his plaudits the hard way and I'm sure he will do so again, if he has to.

If Carlisle stay up, I'm sure Richard Keogh will be putting a good word in for him anyway! I have a sneaky suspicion Neil Warnock might fancy him though. Anyhow, good luck Nobes...

Noble Interview

Ross Verbals

The lad seems to not be his bubbly self, quite a few awkward moments at the beginning of the interview.

Sure, he has been given the cold shoulder by Gary Johnson for whatever reason but everyone knows he is a talented player. The 'free for all' he talks of in terms of the summer transfer window will be an interesting one, does he hold out for a championship club? I think in a 5 man midfield he is definitely championship quality. Or does he drop down a division and be a 'star' in league one, as a player surely capable of match winning performances? As a professional it is a tough call, but he was bold enough to move to Boston from West Ham and earn his plaudits the hard way and I'm sure he will do so again, if he has to.

If Carlisle stay up, I'm sure Richard Keogh will be putting a good word in for him anyway! I have a sneaky suspicion Neil Warnock might fancy him though. Anyhow, good luck Nobes...

Noble Interview

Ross Verbals

Lack of fitness

It just frustrates me that Gary Johnson has told the fans c**k-all about Noble and where its gone wrong. Personally, I think we deserve a heck of a lot more info than we've been fed.

Not impressed GJ.

Tough one - I would say most fans see Noble has huge talent and we have also seen him put in good shifts for us. But if there is a specific problem would Gj be right to say it publicly? In the interest of keeping Noble motivated, team morale and helping him get another club probably not. Can't see GJ (and I'm not saying this is the case) stating "He's lazy" or "Good player but when you look at it awful at this and that".

Tough one - I would say most fans see Noble has huge talent and we have also seen him put in good shifts for us. But if there is a specific problem would Gj be right to say it publicly? In the interest of keeping Noble motivated, team morale and helping him get another club probably not. Can't see GJ (and I'm not saying this is the case) stating "He's lazy" or "Good player but when you look at it awful at this and that".

If he's lazy and we're not going to get a transfer fee, where's the issue? he has every right to say this if the club are paying his wages.

He decided ages ago that Noble was out of the picture.

The best way to keep Noble motivated would have been to say publicly - "I want him here IF he can stay fit. Over to you David." Totally transparent. Everyone would then believe if he left its his own fault.

This GJ quote from May 2007 seems a while back now "We worked with David Noble on his shooting this week and may have created a £3million player.

It just frustrates me that Gary Johnson has told the fans c**k-all about Noble and where its gone wrong. Personally, I think we deserve a heck of a lot more info than we've been fed.

Not impressed GJ.

Sorry but imo thats rubbish

Keep it in the changing room

its nothing to do with us fans

I can not see GJ coming out and saying anything as he would have to do it for all players. As we know by the constant threads on the contribution of his son where will it all end. I don,t know what the answer is but personally Nobs when fit, is a better player than LJ. Is there some other reason. How about physio trouble ala Brooker. GJ is our best ever manager i think, so i guess we have to trust him.

Not impressed GJ.

As I stated before, Ive always been a fan of Nobes...up until recently

The night before the Derby game, ####ed out his face in town and had an after party back at his pent house flat up Park St. He was still in bed at mid-day...whilst his "mates" got ready for their game. Wheres the support??

Nobes - to much of a pi*shead to ever make anything of his talent

The night before the Derby game, ####ed out his face in town and had an after party back at his pent house flat up Park St. He was still in bed at mid-day...whilst his "mates" got ready for their game. Wheres the support??

And you know this to be true because you were there - in his flat ? at mid-day ? unlikely in my view

So do tell us how you know this - a "mate" presumably.

For what it's worth I'm not bothered about Noble one way or the other - talented but inconsistent - just fed up with

posters making up all this carp

Or perhaps you were paving his drive - no sorry that was some other muppet - no driveways in penthouses, actually I can't think of any "penthouses" in Park St - just a load of shops with flats above.

CodeRed

I was on BBC website and reading the interview it says hes got a 'reason' why he needs to leave and that he needs to play a few games to put himself in the shop window ¿

Maybe LJ IS THE REASON

The "reason" is - Gary Johnson has told him (a few months ago) he won't be getting a new contract.

I realise you're only 12 but do try to keep up!

And who is LJ ?

CR

The "reason" is - Gary Johnson has told him (a few months ago) he won't be getting a new contract.

I realise you're only 12 but do try to keep up!

And who is LJ ?

CR

Who do you think you are talking to, he gave a valid viewpoint, and you talk to him like you know everything, so what if hes "only 12", he's a City fan and a Forum member, he has a right to post as much as you do, without getting insulted by people like you.

If he's lazy and we're not going to get a transfer fee, where's the issue? he has every right to say this if the club are paying his wages.

The best way to keep Noble motivated would have been to say publicly - "I want him here IF he can stay fit. Over to you David." Totally transparent. Everyone would then believe if he left its his own fault.

This GJ quote from May 2007 seems a while back now "We worked with David Noble on his shooting this week and may have created a £3million player.

Perhaps he doesn't want to call him lazy as he has backed the squad and their effort as a whole on numberous occasions.

Perhaps he does like him but just feels he lacks concentration/natural fitness/talent to make it?

Perhaps even if GJ doesn't like his attitude and work rate he feels he'd rather keep it inside the changing rooms to give other players confidence in him.

Perhaps GJ believes it would be more trouble than it's worth saying something publicly (all he wants is to say something, Noble not like it and say something back etc.)

I have a sneaky suspicion Neil Warnock might fancy him though

Yes I can see that. Rumoured to have been after him before. Have promised a clear-out this summer and lack money so be looking to get in good Championship players on frees.

They have seen first hand what damage he can do.

And you know this to be true because you were there - in his flat ? at mid-day ? unlikely in my view

So do tell us how you know this - a "mate" presumably.

For what it's worth I'm not bothered about Noble one way or the other - talented but inconsistent - just fed up with

posters making up all this carp

Or perhaps you were paving his drive - no sorry that was some other muppet - no driveways in penthouses, actually I can't think of any "penthouses" in Park St - just a load of shops with flats above.

CodeRed

ahhh name calling..."muppet". Can I join in that game you n*b head? why the ###### would I feel the need to make it up? mate, I enjoy this forum, but have a life....a good life, and it doesnt involve coming on here and "making up carp" as you put it. I'm not that sad

anyway, yes....as a matter of fact, I was in Java that Friday night to stupid a clock, as was Noble and Murray. I just so happen to be a friend (well, I wouldnt call it a friend) of the slapper he went home with that night, and I was speaking to her about it in town on the Saturday night

You call it crap? but its not, Noble is a known face in and around the bars round town, and loves his nights out. Nothing wrong with that, of course theres not....but cant they limit there nights out to Saturday nights after games, or days off?

Noble is a waster, a talent yes....but a waster. I have no sympathy for him, and the quicker we get shot of players like him, the better. He made his choice.....live the high life or get your head down and work hard....he chose number 1, so a glamorous career at Yeovil awaits

Didn't GJ give him an extension in the summer? - surely he was the same player last season so I lay some of the problem with management - either bad judgement or lack of ability to improve the player.

I'm sure Noble has a full part to play in the situation also of course but nobody on here knows how he trains or his attitude around the place.

Much of this talk of fitness seems conjecture, and mention of his antics in Park St potentially libellous - if GJ wanted rid of him and his attitude stank then he could be shown the door PFA or not. Having a few beers when allowed by the club without causing any problems isn't a hanging offence.

I wish him well, wish he'd played some more games, but in terms of future at BCFC its been over for a long time, which is why i'm surprised he's here now.

But wasn't he already frozen out? It wasn't like he was a first team regualar and he knew he had a match the next day! In fact the opposite is true and he knew he wouldn't be in the squad and he has no future at City.

It's not realistic to expect a young man who's been given the cold shoulder to have him self tucked up in bed with a warm milk by 10 pm so he can go and cheer on a team managed by the man that has ostracised him.

Not saying this is right or wrong but you have to think how you'd feel in his position knowing that no matter what he did on the pitch it was never going to be enough has Gary had made up his mind..

But wasn't he already frozen out? It wasn't like he was a first team regualar and he knew he had a match the next day! In fact the opposite is true and he knew he wouldn't be in the squad and he has no future at City.

It's not realistic to expect a young man who's been given the cold shoulder to have him self tucked up in bed with a warm milk by 10 pm so he can go and cheer on a team managed by the man that has ostracised him.

Not saying this is right or wrong but you have to think how you'd feel in his position knowing that no matter what he did on the pitch it was never going to be enough has Gary had made up his mind..

I agree with you, but what I'm saying is, he is in the public eye...this is one of the things that comes with being a footballer.

Like I said, I have nothing against the bloke, he is a good player...but quite clearly a waster

ahhh name calling..."muppet". Can I join in that game you n*b head? why the ###### would I feel the need to make it up? mate, I enjoy this forum, but have a life....a good life, and it doesnt involve coming on here and "making up carp" as you put it. I'm not that sad

anyway, yes....as a matter of fact, I was in Java that Friday night to stupid a clock, as was Noble and Murray. I just so happen to be a friend (well, I wouldnt call it a friend) of the slapper he went home with that night, and I was speaking to her about it in town on the Saturday night

You call it crap? but its not, Noble is a known face in and around the bars round town, and loves his nights out. Nothing wrong with that, of course theres not....but cant they limit there nights out to Saturday nights after games, or days off?

Noble is a waster, a talent yes....but a waster. I have no sympathy for him, and the quicker we get shot of players like him, the better. He made his choice.....live the high life or get your head down and work hard....he chose number 1, so a glamorous career at Yeovil awaits

Yeah yeah - you just happened to have a friend, who just happened to go to "the penthouse" etc etc

Getting boring now

CR

Yeah yeah - you just happened to have a friend, who just happened to go to "the penthouse" etc etc

Getting boring now

CR

yap yap yap! Ok David.....sorry, I mean "CodeRed". Have fun at Yeovile in League 2 next year. Not sure what the night lifes like down there....but its only a short drive to Brizzle! So you'll be ok

Oh and by the way David...half my Sunday team had her before you :laugh:

yap yap yap! Ok David.....sorry, I mean "CodeRed". Have fun at Yeovile in League 2 next year. Not sure what the night lifes like down there....but its only a short drive to Brizzle! So you'll be ok

He won't be at Yeovil next season will he! There for one reson and one reason only and thats not to play for them next season.

Oh and by the way David...half my Sunday team had her before you :laugh:

Sounds like a classy lady :wub:

Not impressed GJ.

I don't doubt for one minute that the manager has told the player himself exactly why he no longer features in his plans.

If the player wanted to he could easily relay that information to the fans ... I'm listening ...

Archived