IGNORED

The Rise Of Akinde

Pickle Rick

I firmly beleive that letting Adebola go would be a positive move as I'd tip Akinde to be a top performer for us in the CCC next year.

Give it a season (which we can afford), Akinde has the potential to become twice the player of Adebola.

Why? Pace is something Adebola never had. Akinde will scare defenders sh!tless given the chance to play our football at the Gate. Akinde also has all the attributes to match, or even better Adebola's top form during his career.

Would you miss Adebola? I certainly wouldn't.

Thoughts?

And neither would I. Time to move on for me.

Akinde needs the chance to be developed and moulded into the decent front man that we need to pair Styvar or Maynard.

If given a similar number of games as Adebola, I think Akinde would give us a similar return if not better.

how many is that now for wycombe isnt it 4 in 5 or something similar. Fair play to the lad.

Many will prob call for him to be recalled for end of season run in but i reckon if hes scoring leave him at Wycombe getting games week in week out and scoring goals.

4 in 5, yep, once his month is up at Wycombe I'd get him back and involved in the last three games.

I don't believe you can be too young to be blooded. Akinde came here with a record of 10 goals in 19 games, albeit in lower league football.

Let's not 'mould' him, let's just play him and see if he can do it for us in our team and get the goals we need. We probably know less about him than any forward we have so if it were up to me, as soon as we know we can't make the play off's, I would have him back to play the remainder of the games as our first choice striker.

It's not about being old enough, it's about being ready.

Some young players are ready at the age of 16 but most aren't. All I have to go on is his performance in the second half at Doncaster but based on that Akinde is not yet ready, although he does seem to be doing well at Wycombe.

If we're going to experiment I'd much rather see Styvar play a few games.

I firmly beleive that letting Adebola go would be a positive move as I'd tip Akinde to be a top performer for us in the CCC next year.

Give it a season (which we can afford), Akinde has the potential to become twice the player of Adebola.

Why? Pace is something Adebola never had. Akinde will scare defenders sh!tless given the chance to play our football at the Gate. Akinde also has all the attributes to match, or even better Adebola's top form during his career.

Would you miss Adebola? I certainly wouldn't.

Thoughts?

4 months ago i would probably have said no but his form in the last 4 months has been excellent.

I think we actually would miss him now!

I don't believe you can be too young to be blooded. Akinde came here with a record of 10 goals in 19 games, albeit in lower league football.

Let's not 'mould' him, let's just play him and see if he can do it for us in our team and get the goals we need. We probably know less about him than any forward we have so if it were up to me, as soon as we know we can't make the play off's, I would have him back to play the remainder of the games as our first choice striker.

Perhaps this is our porblem, and especially with strikers.

In the last few seasons I reckon our 2 best strikers have been Lita and Brooker(when fit of course). The thing with both of them was they could create their own chances from nothing - they didn't necessarily need a great supply to score goals. Don't get me wrong, they also scored goals because of the through ball or cross from a team mate but they ahd the ability to make and take their own chances.

Apart from them, it does seem as though proven strikers go through some sort of electronic screen , set into the main entrance at Ashton Gate, that eradicates any goalscoring instinct from their memory bank. Or is it that way they are coached to fit into the BCFC way of doing things that erodes their striking instincts?

Whatever it is, it worries me that Ashton Gate is becoming an elephant's graveyard for strikers and are we in danger of getting to the stage that an aspiring striker will choose not to come here for fear of what a spell at city will do for his reputation and career?

Perhaps this is our porblem, and especially with strikers.

In the last few seasons I reckon our 2 best strikers have been Lita and Brooker(when fit of course). The thing with both of them was they could create their own chances from nothing - they didn't necessarily need a great supply to score goals. Don't get me wrong, they also scored goals because of the through ball or cross from a team mate but they ahd the ability to make and take their own chances.

Apart from them, it does seem as though proven strikers go through some sort of electronic screen , set into the main entrance at Ashton Gate, that eradicates any goalscoring instinct from their memory bank. Or is it that way they are coached to fit into the BCFC way of doing things that erodes their striking instincts?

Whatever it is, it worries me that Ashton Gate is becoming an elephant's graveyard for strikers and are we in danger of getting to the stage that an aspiring striker will choose not to come here for fear of what a spell at city will do for his reputation and career?

I understand your point, but Adebola has been a 10(ish) goal a season Championship striker for a fair few seasons, so this season is about what you'd expect him to get. Maynard is on 11 goals in his first Championship season at the age of 22. Bearing in mind he's missed a number of 'sitters', he could and should be on 15+, and I have little doubt he will get that sort of tally next season with a year's experience and development under his belt.

When Maynard signed, for his age and experience I felt 12-15 would be a very satisfactory return this season, which is what he looks like getting (hopefully). Anyone expecting him to get 20 goals in his first season was being a bit unrealistic, in my view. Very few strikers achieve that over a season at this level.

Personally, I'd like to se us add more goals from elsewhere in the team. Notbaly midfield, where I think someone like Nick Bailey at Charlton might be worth a look, especially as they are as good as relegated.

I understand your point, but Adebola has been a 10(ish) goal a season Championship striker for a fair few seasons, so this season is about what you'd expect him to get. Maynard is on 11 goals in his first Championship season at the age of 22. Bearing in mind he's missed a number of 'sitters', he could and should be on 15+, and I have little doubt he will get that sort of tally next season with a year's experience and development under his belt.

When Maynard signed, for his age and experience I felt 12-15 would be a very satisfactory return this season, which is what he looks like getting (hopefully). Anyone expecting him to get 20 goals in his first season was being a bit unrealistic, in my view. Very few strikers achieve that over a season at this level.

Personally, I'd like to se us add more goals from elsewhere in the team. Notbaly midfield, where I think someone like Nick Bailey at Charlton might be worth a look, especially as they are as good as relegated.

Also the Chinese midfielder Zheng Zhi is a player of quality. But I don't know if he'd see us as an attractive move. But I agree, Bailey would be a good signing for us also.

SSN is reporting that wycombe are trying to extend akinde loan till end of season.

when does the current deal end?

one interesting point is the end of wycombes season could well involve a playoff campaign, which would expose akinde to some high pressure games, and also they would prob be on tv so we could see how he gets on

don't think that would be in his best interests. Leave him at Wyombe for the remainder of the season, hopefully he can get a few more and help them get promotion and come back to us in pre season being hungry for success.

I see what you're saying but I think its best for him to stay at Wycombe and hit the CCC with a bang next season :fingerscrossed:

Who do Wycombe have that we might be interested in?

I was just wondering whether being so nice and leaving him there until the end of the season is some sort of "sweetener" in another deal. I can understand why we are so generous to Yeovil and Cheltenham, having local ties, but Wycombe? Maybe there is something in it for us?

Could this be the reason?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2009/...aguetwofootball

I was just wondering whether being so nice and leaving him there until the end of the season is some sort of "sweetener" in another deal. I can understand why we are so generous to Yeovil and Cheltenham, having local ties, but Wycombe? Maybe there is something in it for us?

How i would love that to be the reason :fingerscrossed:

Young, quick who likes to get to the byline and can seemingly put a decent ball in! Hopefully Akinde can have a word! :innocent06:

Probably go to somewhere like Palace, who have a good reputation for playing promising younsters.

How i would love that to be the reason :fingerscrossed:

Young, quick who likes to get to the byline and can seemingly put a decent ball in! Hopefully Akinde can have a word! :innocent06:

Well I don't know if I am right, just suggesting that it gives our scouts a good reason to be there without arousing suspicion and that it may make Wycombe more open to a deal or two.

i think we should leave Akinde at Wycombe for the remainder of the season - experience in a tense promotion battle as their key striker ( on recent history) can be no bad thing. Better than playing in games with us that are unlikely to mean much to either party.

Artus on the other hand i would recall - Cheltenham are down so would get him back, if we can, and give him a go in midfield.

Adebola gets past his marker more often than McIndoe does.

I'd much rather see Mcindoe go than Adebola! He is absolutely dire and completely undeserving of the amount of football he gets at this level. He's a left winger who never beats his man, thinks too much of himself that he constantly drifts inside because he wants to play the important role behind the strikers often leaving us without width at important times and when out wide has an awful delivery.

Rant over! Back to the subject, I know its not my money but I think the professionalism and experience that Adebola brings to this squad would make signing a two year contract not a bad option.

Archived