IGNORED

The Rise Of Akinde

Pickle Rick

I firmly beleive that letting Adebola go would be a positive move as I'd tip Akinde to be a top performer for us in the CCC next year.

Give it a season (which we can afford), Akinde has the potential to become twice the player of Adebola.

Why? Pace is something Adebola never had. Akinde will scare defenders sh!tless given the chance to play our football at the Gate. Akinde also has all the attributes to match, or even better Adebola's top form during his career.

Would you miss Adebola? I certainly wouldn't.

Thoughts?

I firmly beleive that letting Adebola go would be a positive move as I'd tip Akinde to be a top performer for us in the CCC next year.

Give it a season (which we can afford), Akinde has the potential to become twice the player of Adebola.

Why? Pace is something Adebola never had. Akinde will scare defenders sh!tless given the chance to play our football at the Gate. Akinde also has all the attributes to match, or even better Adebola's top form during his career.

Thoughts?

Adebola has got another season in him. We would definately miss him...he has shipped goals and his play has been excellent...one of the first on the teamsheet for me.

Throwing in a teen with minimal experience of the ccc couldnt replace Adebola's contribution for me

Akinde is a good prospect.

Beside his two goal game for Wycombe I don't know what you are truly basing your argument on.

I'm sure Akinde will prove a good signing for us, id just be very suprised if that was next year.

Akinde is a good prospect.

Beside his two goal game for Wycombe I don't know what you are truly basing your argument on.

I'm sure Akinde will prove a good signing for us, id just be very suprised if that was next year.

If Adebola is still here next season then it will probably be his last with us, so it would be a great learning experience for Akinde to work with Dele for a whole season. Hopefully throughout the season he can become more integrated into the first team setup even if it requires him going out on loan to a League 1 side for the first couple months of the new season.

Thoughts?

IAdebola has done a fine job in his time here and has at least another good season in him.

Akinde is a fine prospect, but scoring a couple of goals in League Two doesnt make him a ready made replacement for Dele, far from it IMO.

Akinde is nowhere near a starting place yet for me, although I'm sure we'll see a lot more of him from the bench next season and with a couple of goals could be knocking on the door of the starting lineup hopefully.

But to dismiss Adebola is wrong and i fear we may miss him more than we realise IF he does leave.

Thoughts?

I think letting Adebola go would be a mistake and hopefully GJ feels the same. Every team needs options and Adebola is one of them, whether it be for him to start the game or come on and exert his huge presence. Akinde will come good and whilst he's had limited starts he has shown raw enthusiasm and huge potential when i've seen him and he will only get better and learn more about the game if he's got someone like Adebola to learn from.

In answer to your question, yes i would miss Adebola and so would the team.

I said on another thread that if we were out of the playoffs say with 3-4 games to go I would get Akinde back and let him play the remainder of the games up front with Maynard.I think this would be an exciting partnership which could work.Ive got to say the future looks a lot brighter and exciting with all the young talented players we have coming through.

I said on another thread that if we were out of the playoffs say with 3-4 games to go I would get Akinde back and let him play the remainder of the games up front with Maynard.I think this would be an exciting partnership which could work.Ive got to say the future looks a lot brighter and exciting with all the young talented players we have coming through.

Hey fellow bigp!

You're exactly right. It does no harm to let a player that we clearly intend to use in the future have a pop in the first team for a few games. He gets a taster for it and whilst the games might be meaningless, for an inexperienced lad like Akinde he is going to love the opportunity to just play at this level.

Firstly I think Dele had quite a bit of pace when he started out at Crewe. Age and injuries have slowed him somewhat but he's still deceptively quick.

Secondly let's not forget Styvar. I'm expecting him to be a first choice player next season.

You're exactly right. It does no harm to let a player that we clearly intend to use in the future have a pop in the first team for a few games. He gets a taster for it and whilst the games might be meaningless, for an inexperienced lad like Akinde he is going to love the opportunity to just play at this level.

if we don't win tomorrow i think it is over for us. i'd like to see the likes of styvar, wilson, akinde if we call him back pitched in and given the games they clearly need.

for what its worth though i think only giving bola a year could be a mistake as i think plenty of other ccc clubs will offer him two. even if he is getting older, the season after next he could still be of great use for 20 mins if we need him as a sub and also for what the other lads can learn from him.

Adebola has got another season in him. We would definately miss him...he has shipped goals and his play has been excellent...one of the first on the teamsheet for me.

Throwing in a teen with minimal experience of the ccc couldnt replace Adebola's contribution for me

But that's the issue isn't it? I've only read the article in the Evil post but it seems we have only offered him another year, and he naturally wants more, and at almost 34 I can understand that.

I think he has actually been a model pro since joining us. never seems to moan and always gives his all. I suppose it depends on what happens with Trundle too as we do need experience to be retained somewhere in the strikers.

Thoughts?

Akinde, although one for the future has only really performed at League 2 and although he is doing well and building experience, consistency may prove to be a big factor. to keep Dele will only help to raise Akinde's game.

I think Akinde could go either way. From what i hear he is proffessional, doesn't get hammered alot.

Could possibly play for England but could languish transfering around league one clubs.

I think it is important we don't put too much pressure on him and expect to much.

Thoughts?

Akinde to be a top performer next season and twice as good as Dele.Just what is this opinion based on.I find it amazing that Dele's performances for us can be so easily slagged off.Without him this season we could have been battling relegation.Maybe when he goes and I hope he stays then his contributions will be recognised and we will see how our strike force performs without him.And posts like these will be seen to be a well wide of the mark.

My feeling is our front 2 will be Styvar and Maynard with Dele coming on to make an impact. But if either Styvar or Maynard are injured Akinde would be perfect to replace them keeping Adebola back for the last 30 mins or so. Dele isn't getting any younger and as several people have said seems to play better against a tiring back four making his presence felt when the least want it. Akinde has an excellent future from what I've seen but no need to throw him to the lions right away, let him develop with the guidence of player like Adebola and Styvar. His time will come.

The big difference for me is experience and a footballing brain.

akinde is young, strong and quick, but he's very raw from what ive seen. adebola brings more to the team and makes better decisions.

if akinde can learn from adebolas experience, that would be fantastic. but he's not ready to take his place yet.

The big difference for me is experience and a footballing brain.

akinde is young, strong and quick, but he's very raw from what ive seen. adebola brings more to the team and makes better decisions.

if akinde can learn from adebolas experience, that would be fantastic. but he's not ready to take his place yet.

Exactly what I was about to add...

Adebola is a savvy front man who knows a thing or two about being difficult to defend.

It stuns me that people doubt his contribution. Just look at how he created todays goal out of nothing.

Exactly what I was about to add...

Adebola is a savvy front man who knows a thing or two about being difficult to defend.

It stuns me that people doubt his contribution. Just look at how he created todays goal out of nothing.

As others have said, Dele is a true professional and often carries the front line on his own, when a lot of lesser players would be completely overwhelmed and stifled out of the game. I still find it hard to believe he's only been here for just over a year though and he's brought a lot to the side and is a massive presence to have on the field.

I really hope he accepts an offer to stay with us for another year, but couldn't blame him if he was offered two by another club and left. I suspect if he does get a two year offer, it'll be from a club in the lower leagues, or maybe one just coming up to the CCC, who'll want to use his experience at this level.

As others have said, Dele is a true professional and often carries the front line on his own, when a lot of lesser players would be completely overwhelmed and stifled out of the game. I still find it hard to believe he's only been here for just over a year though and he's brought a lot to the side and is a massive presence to have on the field.

I really hope he accepts an offer to stay with us for another year, but couldn't blame him if he was offered two by another club and left. I suspect if he does get a two year offer, it'll be from a club in the lower leagues, or maybe one just coming up to the CCC, who'll want to use his experience at this level.

And we haven't even mentioned his goals!

A target man should be looking to hit around ten, and Dele is good for that every season.

i think Adebola is very under-rated

hes extremely strong on the ball, has skill as we saw yesterday, good headerer and a real handful

I still don't think, although the goal doesnt show this, that Adebola and Maynard have a great understanding, theyre most of the time miles away from each other, when Dele wins the flick on Maynard is 9/10 not on the end of it.

Akinde to be a top performer next season and twice as good as Dele.Just what is this opinion based on.I find it amazing that Dele's performances for us can be so easily slagged off.Without him this season we could have been battling relegation.Maybe when he goes and I hope he stays then his contributions will be recognised and we will see how our strike force performs without him.And posts like these will be seen to be a well wide of the mark.

Wow i love the arrogant manner of your post.

This is my opinion as stated (we're all entitled to one on here) and was judged on Akinde's 'potential'. I feel that of course Dele would be a big loss if he goes, I'm not doubting his value, I'm saying Akinde has the attributes to make the step up and get the fanbase saying 'Dele who?'.

Where have I slagged Dele off?

As I've said in this post already, Dele is a key player, Akinde looks to have something extra to offer that Dele doesn't & that you can't learn, thats raw pace.

So I don't know how you can say my post is 'well wide of the mark' when it appears you have a sceptical view on the topic. Very short sighted and up-tight post indeed.

We've seen players from the non league make a near instant impact in the FL. Players such as Kightly, Maclean & Makail Smith etc.... Why can't Akinde really turn it on next season?

Adebola's got at least a year left in him yet, and has plenty to offer us, but I wouldn't mind letting him go if it changes the way we play football.

We're not making the most of what he can offer us by lamping the ball on his head from 40 or 50 yards away. He showed Saturday what he can do with the ball at his feet it just doesn't happen often enough. I want Adebola running towards the goal to head the ball not facing our half expecting a knee/push in the back from the centre half. Its a callous waste of his talent, shows a complete lack of any creativity and is darned right lazy from everybody who lamps it at him. I thought we were supposed to be a footballing team.

So if his departure leads to an end to this wasteful use of possession then I welcome it. But boy will I be sad to see him go, and he'd deserve an apology from us as well.

Dele contribution to taking this club forward in the last 12 months has been imense and without him in the starting 11 we look very lightweight up front. For me I would give him a 2 year deal, imagine a year playing with another year as an impact player but in 2 years as with a certain Mr Murray he can coach the other younger strikers.

For me it's no brainer 2 year deal should be on the table and who knows it may well be!!!!!

Archived