IGNORED

Late Substitutions

Andrew_V1

if marv, gav or trunds had scored GJ would be quoted as god once again.. what a good sub that was.. wow, great manager. an error in judgment from GJ or tactical subs.. and extra 45secs per sub, cant blame him!! let this one slide lads..

It was clear we needed some fresh ideas a lot sooner. I saw all three subs warm up at least 15 mins before the end and thought GJ was going to go for it by bringing them all on at once. I understand he has confidence and faith in his players but sometimes you can only have so much faith and do need to change things around a little.

I struggle to understand why He brought on Gav then waited a while to bring the other two on. It was as if he was time wasting and playing for the point rather than trying to win the game.

WHAT!

GJ won't 'realise' our seasons over till it's not possible, and why on earth would GJ bring him on with a fans fav to hog the appluase? Just an unbelievable and laughable concept. It might be Trunds last season, but would this have been a good send off???? NO!!!!

So what was the point! time to make subs was just after we scored, bring on elliot for one of the so called wide men, bit more of a presence in midfield, johnson after all this time still cannot get this sub business right!

Based on current fitness levels and to go 84 minutes for williams and 90 Minutes for Elliott, GJ obviously felt he had the best selection on the field and would give Marv just a run out. Glad GJ knows the game above individual selection.......

Based on current fitness levels and to go 84 minutes for williams and 90 Minutes for Elliott, GJ obviously felt he had the best selection on the field and would give Marv just a run out. Glad GJ knows the game above individual selection.......

Where's the logic in that answer? What if Lee Johnson and Cole Skuse were both injured and had to leave the field early?

Perhaps Gary would have replaced them with Stephen Henderson and Stern John instead of the obviously unfit Williams and Elliott?

If a player is fit enough to make the bench then he should be fit enough to come on at any time.

In my opinion, Gary didn't have any faith in his replacements to affect a match that City never looked capable of winning after conceding a soft equaliser.

And therein lies a problem that GJ knows - only too well.

My god, it was a minute and a half of football, please tell me you are joking. Are you seriously suggesting that Elliott is only fit enough to play no more than 2 minutes of football?

Perhaps we can look forward to a whole 5 minutes this Saturday as he has a whole week to get his fitness levels up to that.

At this rate he should be ready for a full match next Christmas.

If they're not fit enough to play they shouldn't be on the bench.

The late substitutions were nothing short of a complete farce. We didn't look like a team capable of winning that match from the first whistle and changes should have been made at half time......if not before.

Those substitutions in my opinion did nothing but take the mickey out of Elliot and Trundle...I mean how embarrassing to be asked to go on with about one minute left on the clock......absolutley ridiculous.

Has GJ come out and stated why he made those subs at that time?

Seeing as this was such a must win game, IMO GJ should have made at least two changes after PNE scored the equaliser, giving us 20 mins or so to go for the win. Bringing ME and LT on in the 91st minute was quite frankly, ridiculous.

Like the ball he floated perfectly onto Adebola's head a yard from goal? Or the clever pull-back for Maynard who should've scored?

Sproule should be walking away from that game with 2 assists and fans off his back about no end product.

It was far from the 'perfect' cross for Dele - I was directly behind it and the cross was overhit and a good foot too high.

Dele would have buried a decent cross from that position, so in effect Ivan's inability to do the basics cost City dearly.

Ivan's pass to Maynard was a good decision and a good ball and Maynard should have done much better.

One good piece of action by Sproule, however welcome, doesn't mean City shouldn't be looking for someone with a great deal more consistency to replace him.

Archived