IGNORED

My Team

terjon

But if were looking to progress at/from this level McCombe is one of the players we need to replace.

for me he is the 3rd choice centre back anyway and he's a good option to have against the bigger sides.

But if were looking to progress at/from this level McCombe is one of the players we need to replace.

I'm not convinced of that.

He's very useful to have against a really big front man. I can't think of any other "beast" of a centreback in this league who is also great with his feet.

Watched the Brum/Wolves game - Jaida is great in the air, pretty poor on the deck.

Whilst McCombe obviously has strengths, its not only his passing ability that concerns me, he's not the quickest,as well as generally being uncomfortable in possession. In the Championship the majority of the strikers McCombe will face are likely to be quicker, smaller ones whereas people like Parkin, Iwelumo and Adebola are in the minority. I'd rather see us invest in a center back who will provide good competition as Johnson knows they can do a job against the majority of strikers in this division rather than McCombe who is only selected because of injuries or to play against a big man.

However If someone just taught him how to kick a ball (Something Carey could do) then immeditaely McCombe would be a better player, if not he just needs to learn to play it simple into the midfield therefore keeping possession of the ball.

Whilst McCombe obviously has strengths, its not only his passing ability that concerns me, he's not the quickest,as well as generally being uncomfortable in possession. In the Championship the majority of the strikers McCombe will face are likely to be quicker, smaller ones whereas people like Parkin, Iwelumo and Adebola are in the minority. I'd rather see us invest in a center back who will provide good competition as Johnson knows they can do a job against the majority of strikers in this division rather than McCombe who is only selected because of injuries or to play against a big man.

However If someone just taught him how to kick a ball (Something Carey could do) then immeditaely McCombe would be a better player, if not he just needs to learn to play it simple into the midfield therefore keeping possession of the ball.

do not think we have to go out a buy a replacement after waching J Wilson a few times in the reserves he could be the answer

Archived