IGNORED

Southampton

CotswoldRed

but why is such strong action not taken when coins/objects are thrown at the crowd, where kids are housed?

Probably because someone somewehre has determined that;

"Football fans get all they deserve as they are all hooligans. That's why they cannot stand to watch with a beer in their hand like spectators are allowed to do at cricket & rugby matches".

Yeah, think you're right - sure I read something to do with that earlier.

Surely they'll be docked points, this whole 'holding company' thing is a crock of .......

Now for Burnley, Preston, Cardiff and Swansea to lose some too!

This blaming the holding company, I'm pretty sure Luton got marmalised for exactly the same thing, it contributed to the severity of their punishment. So if Saints are found to have done the same thing, they could be in serious trouble.

Then we get down to the whole when the points are taken off thing. This season, or the start of next?! It might have been discussed before, and I'm just missing it, but that's a bit of a mirky pool as well.

Then we have the FA trying to tell clubs to live within their means, whilst the Premier League big boys have huge debts. It's one rule for some and another rule for the rest. Pretty shocking really, those boys are a world away from clubs like ours, Southampton, Norwich, Luton, Cardiff, Rotherham etc. Although I am glad I support a club like ours, it must be more fulfilling than supporting Man Utd or Chelsea.

This blaming the holding company, I'm pretty sure Luton got marmalised for exactly the same thing, it contributed to the severity of their punishment. So if Saints are found to have done the same thing, they could be in serious trouble.

Then we get down to the whole when the points are taken off thing. This season, or the start of next?! It might have been discussed before, and I'm just missing it, but that's a bit of a mirky pool as well.

Then we have the FA trying to tell clubs to live within their means, whilst the Premier League big boys have huge debts. It's one rule for some and another rule for the rest. Pretty shocking really, those boys are a world away from clubs like ours, Southampton, Norwich, Luton, Cardiff, Rotherham etc. Although I am glad I support a club like ours, it must be more fulfilling than supporting Man Utd or Chelsea.

My understanding is, any points deduction would only be implemented this season if it affects relegation or promotion.

I read that as meaning Southampton would have to be between 1 and 10 points clear of the relegation zone for a points deduction to be enforced this season. If they're already in the relegation zone or more than 10 points clear of it, the points deduction would be brought in next season.

I'm happy to be corrected on that, but that's my understanding of it.

My understanding is, any points deduction would only be implemented this season if it affects relegation or promotion.

I read that as meaning Southampton would have to be between 1 and 10 points clear of the relegation zone for a points deduction to be enforced this season. If they're already in the relegation zone or more than 10 points clear of it, the points deduction would be brought in next season.

I'm happy to be corrected on that, but that's my understanding of it.

I think that's almost correct - except that, if clear of the relegation zone, 10 points are deducted in that season, irrespective of whether that results in relegation.

In other words, the 10 point deduction is only pushed into the following season if they are relegated before imposing the 10 point deduction:

http://news.BBC.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/6736997.stm

Having said that, that article was 2 years ago after Leeds played the rules, they may have been changed again subsequently.

Just adding to the debate, it would appear that Southampton will avoid the 10 point penalty anyway, as apparently the rules clearly state it only applies to the entity which owns the football club - not the holding company. In which case, we can expect a further tweaking of the rules.

Finally, I've always had a soft spot for Southampton. A club associated with the likes of Terry Paine, Ted Bates, Lawrie McMenemy, Mike Channon, and Matt Le Tissier, didn't deserve an arrogant #### such as Rupert Lowe.

Leeds weren't mathematically down, they needed to win 5-0 in their remaining two games and i think it was Hull who need to loose the last two of their games, Leeds were due to play Luton *also down* i think the issue was the club decided to take relegation for certain as appose to hoping for a minor miracle ... I don't know a tremendous amount about this but i do feel 15 points was a heafty fine to impose on leeds

Right, I get it now! Thank you guys! I would imagine the rules will be tweaked frequently, as every time this happens another little loop hole seems to be found. I don't mind Southampton really either, seems they get a bit screwed over by Lowe as you say NickJ. And Le Tissier scored some cracking goals!! Always like a player who can do that!

Archived