IGNORED

Play-offs Are Still Definately Not Over

Basso for Brazil

After listening to sproules interview on world he mentions that they only need to loose and draw a game before we meet them on the final day. So i thought i would give a quick glance over their remaining fixtures to see whether this would be possible.

Burnleys remaining fixtures are:

QPR H

Cardiff A

Sheff Utd H

Southampton A

City H

From these fixtures i feel there is a chance that they could loose/draw agasint both cardiff and sheff utd, leaving the last day to be absolutely massive. However this does mean we will have to win all our games which is a huge ask but you can certainly see why the players havent given up yet.

ALWAYS BELIEVE!

After listening to sproules interview on world he mentions that they only need to loose and draw a game before we meet them on the final day. So i thought i would give a quick glance over their remaining fixtures to see whether this would be possible.

Burnleys remaining fixtures are:

QPR H

Cardiff A

Sheff Utd H

Southampton A

City H

From these fixtures i feel there is a chance that they could loose/draw agasint both cardiff and sheff utd, leaving the last day to be absolutely massive. However this does mean we will have to win all our games which is a huge ask but you can certainly see why the players havent given up yet.

ALWAYS BELIEVE!

I don't doubt that Burnley could well lose and draw a game in their run in and Cardiff and Sheff Utd are the prime canditates to inflict harm......where you have hit the nail on the head is that I can't see BCFC winning everyone of their remaining games!

After listening to sproules interview on world he mentions that they only need to loose and draw a game before we meet them on the final day.

They need to lose and draw a game and then we need to beat them. We also need to win four other games. We have to go and play relegation battlers Saturday and then playoff contenders the week after. I applaud your optimism but realistically our season was over when we let Cardiff get a late equaliser.

They need to lose and draw a game and then we need to beat them. We also need to win four other games. We have to go and play relegation battlers Saturday and then playoff contenders the week after. I applaud your optimism but realistically our season was over when we let Cardiff get a late equaliser.

bang on nibor - big shame and maybe that was why we didn't see a true city performance against preston

that straw we are clutching is getting ever bigger! :fingerscrossed:

The sooner its mathematically impossible to get in the playoffs the better...just not good enough this season.

Give the youth some 1st team experience...look for 3-4 strong signings and start looking to giving it a real go next year.

The sooner its mathematically impossible to get in the playoffs the better...just not good enough this season.

I'm usually an optimist, but am in full agreement with you. IF City did make and then win the play offs, how would the current team fare in the Prem?

(Or is there a recently retired banking official waiting in the wings to invest his pension heavily in some Prem new blood)? :fingerscrossed:

Give the youth some 1st team experience...look for 3-4 strong signings and start looking to giving it a real go next year.

WTF, so if we make the play offs - " the sooner we lose the play off final the better"??

Surely hope is what keep us coming down each game, renewing out ST's, checking BBC football page for updates, posting on this site etc. Maybe I'm the fool but I quite like the hope/optimism about football. The only plus side is that if we do make it mathmatically impossible then we can see styvar have a run so I see your point there.

WTF, so if we make the play offs - " the sooner we lose the play off final the better"??

Surely hope is what keep us coming down each game, renewing out ST's, checking BBC football page for updates, posting on this site etc. Maybe I'm the fool but I quite like the hope/optimism about football. The only plus side is that if we do make it mathmatically impossible then we can see styvar have a run so I see your point there.

Squad just not good enough...its threadbare.

Now its over, Johnson can use these games to blood thes 3/4 young players...it could do immesurable good for the strength of the squad. Then add 3 strong players (esp a creating midfielder) then go for it next year.

Do you think football fans are the most blindly optimistic people on the planet?!! I guess we all live in hope, and cling on to whatever glimmer of light available. In fact, it's what still makes people follow their local team, and stops everyone supporting Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea etc.

I'm usually an optimist, but am in full agreement with you. IF City did make and then win the play offs, how would the current team fare in the Prem?

(Or is there a recently retired banking official waiting in the wings to invest his pension heavily in some Prem new blood)? :fingerscrossed:

I bet secretly you are hoping we do miss out as it is looking like we could be heading up your way for a tasty game at London Road.

They thing is IF we managed to get into the play offs and IF we managed to win them then we'd be screwed. Sproule, LJ, McIndoe, Styvar and alot more of our main team players are not up to Premier League quality. So IF we did become a Premier League team we'd have about half a squad that would need replacing to survive and lets face it, GJ isn't good enough to buy half a squad to make us a Premier League team in the pre season, I don't think any manager is.

I hope we stay out of the play offs and rebuild during the pre season. If GJ can rebuild well enough and we get promoted next season it would leave us with alot less to do in the preseason building up to the Premier League.

Best way to put it... we aren't ready for the Premier League yet

Archived