IGNORED

Match Thread?

slartibartfast

So Basso gets injured - ball supposed to be passed back to him but throw in is 5 yards down the line - McAllister tries to clear but the taker of the throw in has now closed him down and regained ball, McAllister tries to get it back - gets 2nd booking - goal from resulting fee kick and player sent off - Cheating Florists

Just WHY can we not hold on to a lead??? Surely someone has to ask questions of the coaching??? It really is not that difficult is it??? Really soft equaliser conceded against PNE when we switched off at a corner now this??? Alright a few seasons ago we would have settled for mid table in the Championship but it really is frustrating when we are falling down on a few basics??? Sorry but I have to seriously question what the likes of Millie are doing???? I await to be shot down.

Heres to next season

Don't blame the ref, just accept that we haven't been good enough this season. Apart from that run in the early part of the year we have simply not been good enough.

That's what it comes down too I'm afraid, even though a top 10 finish is pretty good this season has shown that lots of work is to be done to progress any further.

Yep.

No doubt about it now.

A poor way to finish the season really, but it's what I expected - we are short on quality to compete at the top of this division.

But it's still a good season and a good building block for next season.

A bit of a clear out is in order to make way for a couple or three quality signings - the loyalty that GJ has shown to some players has now run it's course.

As I say, a decent enough season regardless of the next four games.

What you say may be true, but going on the radio commentary it in NO WAY reflects what just happened on the pitch.

Don't blame the ref, just accept that we haven't been good enough this season. Apart from that run in the early part of the year we have simply not been good enough.

I never like to blame the ref, but today sounds like he had a shocker, so we can blame away today!!

But yes, over the course of the season we've not quite been good enough to push for the top 6 postitions. Good enough to finish mid table in the Championship though, not a bad position to be in!

So Basso gets injured - ball supposed to be passed back to him but throw in is 5 yards down the line - McAllister tries to clear but the taker of the throw in has now closed him down and regained ball, McAllister tries to get it back - gets 2nd booking - goal from resulting fee kick and player sent off - Cheating Florists

It's ok ,hopefully they'll still go down, they are carp!

I don't know why we bother to go to Notts, just give them the points!

I never like to blame the ref, but today sounds like he had a shocker, so we can blame away today!!

But yes, over the course of the season we've not quite been good enough to push for the top 6 postitions. Good enough to finish mid table in the Championship though, not a bad position to be in!

In fairness, with regard to the incident that lead to Forest's equaliser, the ref can't do much if a team decide to be unsporting and compete for a ball in that way.

I can't comment on the other decisions based on the commentary.

I've said before, a lack of concentration at crucial times has cost us this season another example of grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory.

Some players have shown that they are not mentally up to the challenge of being championship players.

We should have beaten Forest at home and away but switched off both times,and there are countless other games such as both v Derby that we've thrown points away,reminds me a little bit of our season in 98/99 when so many points were lost due to late goals etc

Addio playoffs :noexpression: :dunno:

The same old stupid problem.... taking the lead and then drop it away...really disappointing,because if only we took a half of the points in these 'thrown away matches',we could still be in the fight.. however, it is sad to say, but for our recent results,we don't deserve the playoffs...and even if we arrived 6th,probablu things would have gone bad :(

Now we must think at the next season... hoping that GJ and the club would not repeat the same errors (for example... all the problems about strikers, not playing some quality players like Noble,Trundle, etc ...) so that we can have more possibilities

BC could have done better ... no doubt about it... in any case... always forza BC!!!

In fairness, with regard to the incident that lead to Forest's equaliser, the ref can't do much if a team decide to be unsporting and compete for a ball in that way.

I can't comment on the other decisions based on the commentary.

Yeh ok that's fair enough. Just going on what Durden and Thorpe say, should wait until I see highlights really, in any case, all 3 of us are probably biased! Just sounded like he had a dicky game.

Anyway, just annoyed, things tend to come out when I'm annoyed.

Archived