IGNORED

Fight In The Williams

bcfczd

Sure he is, but if he's too load and offensive with it, he deserves to get stepped on.

I'm starting to get really p****d off with the negativity of a few so called supporters at present, so I can sympathise with whoever the bloke was who had a go at rent a gob.

Wow what a wonderful world we all live in today.

Not really related to the thread, but that cliche comes across as massively condescending.

I got used to Jack a while back, and the things he posts don't bother me in the least.

For what its worth I quite enjoy debating this type of thing on the forum, no I'm not taking the mick, its the whole point of why we have this place, and (again this is going to sound like I'm taking the mick but I'm not) I really do enjoy reading others views.

I saw a grey haired bloke shouting and gesticulating at GJ after their equaliser. No way can he described as a "supporter" even if he has paid for his seat. Looked like a complete d**khead to me - it's not as if we've had a bad season,. or a bad three years.

I'm sure that GJ appreciates the genuine support given by most of the 16,000 fans and is sensible enough to ignore abuse from a very small minority. People like that exist at every football club.

Before the penalty, everybody seemed happy, afterwards the Williams was rapidly emptying with loads of moans and groans. 12 home draws ain't great, but it was hardly the most important game ever, and not worth getting upset about. Two top 10 finishes in the Championship is perfectly acceptable, and I think that last years over-achievement raised expectations unrealistically. GJ has made mistakes this year, but a lot less than most managers. As for fans being fickle, how long has he been a football manager?

Be positive, we're 14 points above the drop zone, so safe for another season in the Championship. No hefty play-off expense, 23 home games, mostly on a Saturday at 3pm, few heavy defeats (Hopefully), and we won't have to put up with the Glory Hunters crawling out of the woodwork.

Before the penalty, everybody seemed happy, afterwards the Williams was rapidly emptying with loads of moans and groans. 12 home draws ain't great, but it was hardly the most important game ever, and not worth getting upset about. Two top 10 finishes in the Championship is perfectly acceptable, and I think that last years over-achievement raised expectations unrealistically. GJ has made mistakes this year, but a lot less than most managers. As for fans being fickle, how long has he been a football manager?

Be positive, we're 14 points above the drop zone, so safe for another season in the Championship. No hefty play-off expense, 23 home games, mostly on a Saturday at 3pm, few heavy defeats (Hopefully), and we won't have to put up with the Glory Hunters crawling out of the woodwork.

Gj and SL both stated pre season that they wanted automatic promotion, So it was them I would say that raised expectation rather than our Wembley appearance. Considering we are 17 points off of 2nd place than according to there expectations at teh start of teh season then this season must be considered a massive failure.

I would guess that one of the most important things a successful football manager needs is a thick skin. If ever there was a job where you are a hero one minute and on the scrapheap the next then this is it.

My view is that GJ should work at ignoring the stupid voiciferous minority and appeal to the more positive genuine supporters and enjoy his lucrative and well-earned contract.

This forum is in danger of disappearing up it's own a*se. I cannot believe some of the sanctimonious crap that gets posted on here about what supporters can or cannot do/think/sing/want. Johnson got us out of League 1 and to the cusp of the Premier League. This is beyond dispute as a fine achievement. I admire him for his achievements and love the club as I have done for nearly 35 years.

This does not make me myopic! We have been pretty poor at home this season, and have not hit the heights that the manager and Chairman assured us they aspired to achieving. Some decisions over selection/substitutions/tactics and transfer activity are bound to be questioned and this does not make those posing the qiuestions less valued as supporters than those who happily lap up poor fare without questioning that which is patently not as good as it could/should be.

Negativity for the sake of it is pointless but so is blind positivity which is evangelically nauseating!!!

Gary Johnson has been a great servant so far and I hope he gets us to the top flight. I think his hardest task is going to be pulling apart and re-building and reassembling a squad to take City forward. If GJ is going to accept the kudos and bouquets for what has gone well, then he has also to accept the criticisms and frustrations when things go astray/amiss.

Johnson looked very dissapointed with the fans today. He hurried off and gave two claps bearly looking up.

He is the best thing to happen to us since Alan Dicks and i honestly belive he might go because of some idiots.

He will make mistakes but the thing that makes him so great is he makes more correct decisions than wrong decisions, alot more and he gets the best out of players. Leave him alone.

just watched his interview on World ........ he was abviously upset, and sopke about getting 'dogs abuse' as he left the pitch..

its the first time i've seen him end an interview by walking away from the camera

:tumbleweed:

Gj and SL both stated pre season that they wanted automatic promotion, So it was them I would say that raised expectation rather than our Wembley appearance. Considering we are 17 points off of 2nd place than according to there expectations at teh start of teh season then this season must be considered a massive failure.

So you'd rather they came out and said they'd be happy with 10th place?

Or would you rather them say they'll be happy with 21st place?

They are in the business of shifting season tickets and selling shirts - of course they're going to say they want automatic promotion, just as the chairmen at 75% of the clubs in this league would during the summer.

Anyway, there was a thread going around about this the other week, and it's got nothing to do with the 'punch up' that never happened, so I'll leave it there

just watched his interview on World ........ he was abviously upset, and sopke about getting 'dogs abuse' as he left the pitch..

its the first time i've seen him end an interview by walking away from the camera

:tumbleweed:

Please stay Garyy! This is probably the lowest he's been since he took over.

I wish i had world just to see it.

I think GJ has created a rod for his own back. If we play the style we've adopted for most of this season which involves falling back on slender leads and defending in depth then to keep supporters happy we have to succeed which equates to not spending the last few games of the season in mid table obscurity. If we insist on playing this style we have to at least be challenging at this point.

As an alternative try to entertain us. Not impossible to still succeed playing attacking football and perhaps worth considering if we want to send the supporters home happy.

Me , I'm not angry, just bored.

This forum is in danger of disappearing up it's own a*se. I cannot believe some of the sanctimonious crap that gets posted on here about what supporters can or cannot do/think/sing/want. Johnson got us out of League 1 and to the cusp of the Premier League. This is beyond dispute as a fine achievement. I admire him for his achievements and love the club as I have done for nearly 35 years.

This does not make me myopic! We have been pretty poor at home this season, and have not hit the heights that the manager and Chairman assured us they aspired to achieving. Some decisions over selection/substitutions/tactics and transfer activity are bound to be questioned and this does not make those posing the qiuestions less valued as supporters than those who happily lap up poor fare without questioning that which is patently not as good as it could/should be.

Negativity for the sake of it is pointless but so is blind positivity which is evangelically nauseating!!!

Gary Johnson has been a great servant so far and I hope he gets us to the top flight. I think his hardest task is going to be pulling apart and re-building and reassembling a squad to take City forward. If GJ is going to accept the kudos and bouquets for what has gone well, then he has also to accept the criticisms and frustrations when things go astray/amiss.

I'm not happy to "lap up poor fare" and twelve draws at home is disappointing. However I'm certainly not going to shout abuse at my own players or a succesful manager. Constructive criticism is fine but the idiots who think it is helpful to insult GJ every home game should stay away.

• Admin
its hardly persistant abuse, But everyone should expect some abuse!

Because the current manager doesn't like any sort of criticism about the team. Why should loyal supporters who have attended many many years (50+) stop watching the club they support?

What a lovely sweet world you live in Dolly! People don't have to sit and agree with everything GJ does.

Managers get abuse all over the world. What makes GJ immune?

Finally IMO its very unprofessional for GJ to react to these comments from the stands. You wouldn't see a 'Top' manager doing this.

I guess that depends on whether you would class Jose Mourinho or Sir Alex Ferguson as "Top" managers?

The best and most well-balanced post of this thread - and my feelings precisely.

Excellent post IMO.

Where would GJ go and not experience the level of abuse he only occasionally gets?

Yes but you wouldnt go and see a film again and again that you knew you didnt like would you? If he thinks Johnson is so bad, stop going.

...'Groundhog Day' was on again a few days ago...

Poor bloke going through same thing over & over again.... until a change of attitude, admitting not everythings right & rectifying a few things - it all turned out OK in the end! :)

So you'd rather they came out and said they'd be happy with 10th place?

Or would you rather them say they'll be happy with 21st place?

They are in the business of shifting season tickets and selling shirts - of course they're going to say they want automatic promotion, just as the chairmen at 75% of the clubs in this league would during the summer.

Spot on.

Who is this man, and why has Gary Johnson not asked him to be moved from where he sits or ejected from the stadium due to the amount of abuse he gives our manager.

If things are that bad he should stay at home.

Glad to see others are getting fed up with him, and quite rightly giving him some abuse back.

Its just beyond me why some people come to watch football at Ashton Gate, and then do nothing but whinge and take a pop at players all game!

It is not about having a pop at the players it is called an opinion. We all pay for our season tickets and fork out thousands of pounds to follow our team to away games and as fans are entitled to have our say. I would challenge anyone on this website to say that they have NEVER moaned about any player after a game if they do then they are lying. I hear it all the time when I am leaving the Dolman Stand after a game. As football supporters and as fans not everyone is going to agree and I know I have really moaned about Maynard after a game.

It is not about having a pop at the players it is called an opinion. We all pay for our season tickets and fork out thousands of pounds to follow our team to away games and as fans are entitled to have our say. I would challenge anyone on this website to say that they have NEVER moaned about any player after a game if they do then they are lying. I hear it all the time when I am leaving the Dolman Stand after a game. As football supporters and as fans not everyone is going to agree and I know I have really moaned about Maynard after a game.

We all pay for our season tickets, but since GJ has been manager we have got alot more value for our money. Better players, better opposition, better atmosphere, better everything!

I feel GJ does not deserve any abuse, let alone dogs abuse.

GJ deserves some abuse for the mistakes he makes on occasions. Although, it needs to be directed rather than just some pointless berating of a manager who has been one of our best.

:disapointed2se:

Abuse should be saved for the opposition!

GJ deserves some abuse for the mistakes he makes on occasions. Although, it needs to be directed rather than just some pointless berating of a manager who has been one of our best.

Criticism, perhaps. Abuse, never. Nobody who is representing our club to the best of their ability should have to suffer abuse from their own supporters.

I only see abuse as the more personal and shorter form of criticism as it's not really viable for a fan to get into criticising the manager at length in a football ground.

Also, I don't think it's the best of his ability, although I've got high expectations for him.

I only see abuse as the more personal and shorter form of criticism as it's not really viable for a fan to get into criticising the manager at length in a football ground.

Also, I don't think it's the best of his ability, although I've got high expectations for him.

Hang on, are you saying as you can't string a coherent argument together you stoop to personal abuse instead? Or have I read your post wrong?

Archived