IGNORED

Iriekpen

CARLE08

I am becoming a fan of izzy a well deserved man of the match performace didnt put a foot wrong couldve gone to henderson i think hes alot better than mcoombe and would easily make a good partnership with ethier carey or fonts hopefully johnson offers him a new contract what do you think

wasnt the decision, against Styvar?

Tbh i couldn't tell because there was a poll in the way! but from what i heard it was a very soft decision. Plus Izzy looked fuming and was complaining to the ref for a long time so I just presumed it was him. He was absolutley brilliant today though

wasnt the decision, against Styvar?

BBC site reports it was agaist Styvar which confused me as the ref spoke to Izzy after the 'incident' (I'm still not sure what was meant to have happened) and then Izzy looked absolutely gutted when Ipswich scored the pen.

I thought he was excellent today, as he's hardly had regular games has he, and well worth offering a deal to. He was calm and composed and a bit of a footballer too. If we don't sign him I'm sure one of our rivals will.

I am becoming a fan of izzy a well deserved man of the match performace didnt put a foot wrong couldve gone to henderson i think hes alot better than mcoombe and would easily make a good partnership with ethier carey or fonts hopefully johnson offers him a new contract what do you think

didnt know a lot about the man until he came to bcfc,

last 2 games he has looked solid

and well deserved motm today,

couldnt make out the penalty incident,but izzy looked gutted.

I thought he did pretty well, better than I expected. Great bit of covering for McCombe to slide across and block a shot in the second half. Seems pretty quick too. He's playing for a deal so that's going to be a big motivator in a team that has nowt to play for I guess.

I wasn't sure about Izzy after Forest. He didn't play badly at all but he didn't quite do enough for me to think "yes, let's give him a contract" (although he did have to contend with McCombe having a mare alongside him). Yesterday swayed it for me though. What Izzy does have is pace and that is something we don't have in abundance defensively. And it was certainly a quality that covered well for McCombe's inadequacies a couple of times yesterday. I would sign him as a useful squad player pushing for a first team spot if nothing else.

Agree with CIDER ARMY12 against Reading i though he excelent. At Notts Forest he played fairly well he did what was asked of him he kept his position well. Yesterday i thought he desevered MOTOM he was outstanding along with H enderson in goal i was impressed by Henderson looks a good keeper for the future.

I was also impressed by Richard Wright performance in goal for Ipswich.

Agree that Izzy looked very good yesterday, distribution not the best but McCombe is hardly Bobby Moore either is he. Is also very handy to have a quick centre back as he showed in the first half with that cracking slide tackle. Maybe a better version of McCombe?

He had a good game yesterday and deserved the MOM.

He looks quite pacy, can actually play football and is very strong - their forwards got nothing from him at all.

Couple him with Fontaine or Carey and we'd have a pretty quick and strong central pairing who can pass the ball properly.

Unfortunately, McCombe looks to be a weak link.

Carey, Fontaine, Izzy and James Wilson (who needs a couple of first team games before the end of this season) should be the 4 central defenders for next season's squad in my opinion.

another gj mistake :innocent06:

I think if we're going to progress as a team and defence we need to let Mccombe go

I think Izzy will be a good centre back as back up for Fontaine or Carey while they're injured/suspended but don't think he will break the Carey/Fontaine partnership up which has been one of the plus' of the season.

Guest churchill gaffer

HE IS QUALITY!!!!!

JUST HOPE WE SIGN HIM UP LONG TERM!!!!!

Archived