IGNORED

The new Forum....

Nogbad the Bad

I've given this forum a while to see if i could get used to it and grow to like it, but now it must be said:

I prefer EVERYTHING about the "old" forum.

The colour, the threads, the lack of "quotes" (what a mess!) i could go on.

Why was it changed? All i've seen is "security is better". Is that reason enough to obliterate what was a great forum and one we fought to keep when it was unofficial?

Is this one on trial so that we can have a vote after a while?

Hope so. With all due respect to those who obviously worked hard to create this one, to me the old one was far better, both visually and to use.

This one's putting me right off to the extent where i can see my visits & input reducing drastically, as my enjoyment already has. Possibly to the point of extinction.

I don't want that to happen, so I vote bring the old one :Party27: back.

I miss the threaded view in terms of joining a thread late on and responding to a specific point without having to quote that point and join the bottom of the thread (if that makes sense?).

This forum looks better; the old one was looking dated. I believe a lot of old posters are certainly posting less.

Don't know if that is content or user-friendliness reasons? :Confused13:

Like the smiley's on this one :wacko: B)

I'm sure we'll all get used to this one, and its got a lot going for it, but are you basically saying that its not possible to alter this forum so that we get back to the old 'expanded threads' version ? (I see you've made an attempt at creating a threaded option - but its not quite the same)

Anyway its a lot better than forums at other clubs.

(but is the forum really suffering because certain induviduals don't post on it any more ? Isn't that a bit insulting to the people who continue to post ? Could it be that the forum is suffering because people are struggling to find something inspiring to write while the team is performing so dissapointingly ?)

Thanks for the detailed reply Tomarse.

It may be mostly about threaded view, but not completely. For instance surely red is the colour for the official City forum?

We may have had the quote function on the old one but on this one it is overpoweringly ugly.

As for the loss of a few forum regulars, i agree this is unfortunate but it is always the case over a period and in the scheme of things Edson, for instance, wasn't on here that long although his posting was prodigious. I'd add Richieb to the list as he was a great "stirrer".

I just wonder if this new one is attractive enough to use to tempt them back or indeed their formerly inevitable replacements.

The smileys were on the old one, the new ones are o.k., but seem a bit juvenile. I never use/d them much anyway.

Perhaps it's just me, if other people are happy with the changes perhaps i've had my day and it's time to quietly join the ranks of the "missing". :wacko:

This one's putting me right off to the extent where i can see my visits & input reducing drastically, as my enjoyment already has. Possibly to the point of extinction.

I HATE THIS NEW FORUM! I STILL CAN'T WORK OUT HOW TO USE IT PROPERLY. I AM CONFUSED AND ALL MESSED UP BECAUSE OF IT. (mAYBE TONY BUTLER HAS BEEN ON IT TOO MUCH RECENTLY - THAT WOULD EXPLAIN A FEW THINGS! :wacko:

i dont really like this one really neither

about you have to quote the posting

wont let me put a picture on the left where the name is says i havent got acsess

(if anyone wont to help there much appriciated)

colour wont change for me (font)

if any one want to give me a hand on these to change e mind will be waitin a pm or message

Guest Bootylicious

Have to say i much prefered the old forum.

I'm sure its affecting people who used to post on the old forum, as alot of them have gone 'missing'. Ive noticed it seems to be the same group of people who post on the new forum aswell.

The only good (or bad?!) thing is that there are more smilies! :Confused13:

I don't post on this new forum board (except for the prediction league) as often as I did on the old board but that is down to what is happening on the field, a couple of wins with some attractive football played and I will be 'upbeat' again and happy to post. I am happy with this new board.

can't say I am over enthralled with the new forum but it must have taken a hell of a lot of work to get it up and running - I haven't posted because I've started a new job and have much less free time in which to post and the level of interesting posts seemed to have dropped but then who am I to judge. Well done Tom for providing a forum that works.

• Admin
can't say I am over enthralled with the new forum but it must have taken a hell of a lot of work to get it up and running - I haven't posted  because I've started a new job and have much less free time in which to post and the level of interesting posts seemed to have dropped but then who am I to judge. Well done Tom for providing a forum that works.

So who posted those 50+ entries under "spanish fly" then as they are undoubtedly YOU!

Archived