IGNORED

Ooc Players

milo1111

on the OS it quotes GJ as saying something along the lines of that the next few games will show whether our out of contract players are with us or have their minds on other things. does any one know how many of our regular players are actually OOC this summer??

i know bola is and has only been offered a year and i would be stunned to see him in a city shirt next season. which is why i feel styvar should of been given the chance to get games under his belt the past few weeks as the season was over when we drew against cardiff for me, and certainly after the preston draw.

wilson is but he isnt around but GJ says he will get a deal. henderson is but GJ has also said he will get one. but who else???

i may be reading between the lines here but IMO he was also referring to mcindoe and marvin, both of whom only have a year left and maybe asked to re-sign or leave for a fee this summer. i cant think of anyone else.

thoughts??

Guest RobbieTurner
I would imagine Adebola was the only one the comment was aimed at, doubt GJ would want to rock the boat with McIndoe and Elliott

I'm sorry to disagree but I think McIndoe and his mouth have blasted off before about not eing good enough, Marvin is ambitious and was wanted by Wolves - lets see if they come back again now they are in the Prem and Adebola wants 2 years not 1 - therefore I think all 3 are considering their futures I'm sure.

I'm sorry to disagree but I think McIndoe and his mouth have blasted off before about not eing good enough, Marvin is ambitious and was wanted by Wolves - lets see if they come back again now they are in the Prem and Adebola wants 2 years not 1 - therefore I think all 3 are considering their futures I'm sure.

I would be very surprised if Wolves didn't come back in for Marv. Lets face it they put in a decent(ish) bid for him in January when they are aiming to get in the Prem - so its not like they don't think he will suit Prem football.

I know two of these players have their critics, but I for one would be very concerned if City lost McIndoe, Adebola and Elliott.

I'm not sure Myrie-Williams, Akinde and Skuse are quite up to their respective standards!

JMW has been told he won't be getting a new contract.

I would be pretty unhappy if Mcindoe was to go, unless we splash out on a quality replacement! I fear Marv will be off, the lure of the Premier League with Wolves offering more with the extra £'s they will be getting might be too much for him and the club :noexpression:

I know two of these players have their critics, but I for one would be very concerned if City lost McIndoe, Adebola and Elliott.

I'm not sure Myrie-Williams, Akinde and Skuse are quite up to their respective standards!

I'm sure GJ agrees with you about Myrie-Williams, hence his decision to release him. McIndoe can be irritating but the more I think about him actually going the less I find I actually like the idea. Hard player to replace who other clubs' fans seem to rate so we may miss him more than we realise.

Elliot going is more or less a foregone conclusion, I'd have thought. Wolves will surely be back so from his point of view it's Premier League football (and wages) and from City's it's a probable 3m+. This time round I'd take the money because Marvin will surely be unsettled if we don't, and it gives us a fair amount of cash to strengthen.

Adebola will most likely take a 2 year deal elsewhere. Not sure we should worry too much because he's not worth another 2 years with City and in the second season would hardly feature. One year deal is fine, otherwise time for an amicable parting of the ways.

With all these players though we must assume adequate replacements can be found - it's just finding them all at once which may prove testing for GJ and his scouting team.

Hopefully they've anticipated these likely departures and are already ahead of the game.

I wouldn't read too much into Johnson's comments. He's trying to motivate the players to perform in the remaining games. He's known for some time who he wants to keep and who he wants to let go. He just hasn't let on to them yet. Thats good management imo.

Interesting elements of the marvin elliot to wolves proposed transfer is that marv would be presumbaly be going there only as cover for karl henry.

Karl Henry is only about 27, is club vice-captain and a massive fans favourite. Its debatable whether marv could even play his way into the team past him in that holding midfield role.

There'd be a decent enough chance he could end up back in the championship in a seasons time without playing more than a few games??

Also with prem money (50 odd mill) now coming, and also draw of the prem they may set their aspirations a bit higher than marv.

Were portsmouth interested once? providing they stay up that might be a better shout for him as they have flogged all their ball winning midfielders

I hope he stays though

I'm sure GJ agrees with you about Myrie-Williams, hence his decision to release him. McIndoe can be irritating but the more I think about him actually going the less I find I actually like the idea. Hard player to replace who other clubs' fans seem to rate so we may miss him more than we realise.

Elliot going is more or less a foregone conclusion, I'd have thought. Wolves will surely be back so from his point of view it's Premier League football (and wages) and from City's it's a probable 3m+. This time round I'd take the money because Marvin will surely be unsettled if we don't, and it gives us a fair amount of cash to strengthen.

Adebola will most likely take a 2 year deal elsewhere. Not sure we should worry too much because he's not worth another 2 years with City and in the second season would hardly feature. One year deal is fine, otherwise time for an amicable parting of the ways.

With all these players though we must assume adequate replacements can be found - it's just finding them all at once which may prove testing for GJ and his scouting team.

Hopefully they've anticipated these likely departures and are already ahead of the game.

You're right and even if JMW was staying he wouldn't get the nod, but you get my point about needing replacements, and as you say, McIndoe is regarded as one of the better lefties in the division.

As for Adebola, I'm surprised you say that because ten goals for a big man is very reasonable, and his experience and nous will be hard to replace. Two years is admitedly a big risk though.

And Marv...well, players of his pedigree are damn hard to find, and neither Skuse or LJ are the answer. Marv is a crucial part of our chance of making it to the promised land. How do you replace Elliott??

You're right and even if JMW was staying he wouldn't get the nod, but you get my point about needing replacements, and as you say, McIndoe is regarded as one of the better lefties in the division.

As for Adebola, I'm surprised you say that because ten goals for a big man is very reasonable, and his experience and nous will be hard to replace. Two years is admitedly a big risk though.

And Marv...well, players of his pedigree are damn hard to find, and neither Skuse or LJ are the answer. Marv is a crucial part of our chance of making it to the promised land. How do you replace Elliott??

Ten goals for a big striker is great if he helps his partner get 20. But we're directing all our attacking play through Adebola and it's clearly not working very well. That's not his fault, but it's hard enough to encourage players like McCombe and McAllister to pass the ball on the floor without putting a bloody great target at the other end of the field that they can use as an excuse to hoof it skywards at every opportunity. I'd like Adebola to stay for a year and use him where the situation suits - off the bench or away from home with one up and someone in the hole. Not worth two years though, his legs aren't lasting that long now - in a year it'll be much worse I think.

JMW just isn't up to it and won't play above league one, more likely league two. McIndoe is great when he plays on the left, not so great when he's told to tuck in all the time to cover the midfield. If he's allowed to hug the line he'll cross with regularity and quality, but to do that we need to find a central midfield pair that can both stand on their own two feet defending and going forward. One of them should be Elliott, I can't see that we could find a replacement as good even if we got £3m for him.

I can't believe so many think Wolves are certain to come back for Elliott, he has missed as many games as he's played this season and has taken a while to hit form again after every injury.

Jez Moxey, the Wolves chief exec was on Sky today saying they now need to add players to their squad who have proved themselves in the Prem, that isn't Marvin.

Mcindoe doesn't play on the left does he? He's always inside. He doesn't go past anyone and I for one would not be disappointed if we replaced him. Dele has done really well so no complaints about him. I fail to see what is to be gained by releasing Elliott, even for £3 million unless the player really wants to go

I can't believe so many think Wolves are certain to come back for Elliott, he has missed as many games as he's played this season and has taken a while to hit form again after every injury.

Now that Wolves are up they might not be so interested in Elliot but even if he did go to a PL team he wouldn't be expected to play every game. Nearly all PL clubs have quality squads large enough to rotate players. Elliot could get away with playing 30-35 games a season. That would protect his dodgy knees - although it was groin problem that kept him out after he over stretched at Plymouth earlier in the season.

Jez Moxey, the Wolves chief exec was on Sky today saying they now need to add players to their squad who have proved themselves in the Prem, that isn't Marvin.

I heard him on Talksport and he was saying they have a very young squad and want to bring some players in that have 'been there and done it' at Prem level...

I heard him on Talksport and he was saying they have a very young squad and want to bring some players in that have 'been there and done it' at Prem level...

could well be that wolves bring in loads of new players, many of which may well of prem experience. i am sure however that there are one or two that they will take on that have none.

some how, as much as i respect GJ as a manager, if Mcindoe does decide that we arent helping his career and a bigger club swoops in and pinches him then i some how don't really think some how GJ will bring in a good enough replacement for Mcindoe, I mean we usually end up playing with one player whoes significant position is a winger such, for example at ipswich how decides to bench Sproule, and then Swansea away we played with no right winger again :( so i worry about what GJ will do but i have faith hopefully he will make a good choice depending on wether Mcindoe, Marv or Adebola decide to leave

:city:

Archived