IGNORED

Next Saturday

mart

OK, forget the good and the bad of this season, forget who is staying and who is going. Next Saturday is the last home game of the season , so one question.......

Is there going to be a pitch invasion after the match ? :dancing6: :dancing6: :dancing6: :dancing6: :dancing6:

Why ?

What's to celebrate? As glad as I am about not getting relegated, we will look down right stupid if we run on the pitch, celebrating finishing in mid table.

If it's true that you've supported the club since the 60s, and yet you STILL want to run the pitch to revel in mid table mediocrity, be my guest, but we'll laugh at you when you're being chased off the pitch by stewards &/or getting arrested for entering the field of play.

What's to celebrate? As glad as I am about not getting relegated, we will look down right stupid if we run on the pitch, celebrating finishing in mid table.

If it's true that you've supported the club since the 60s, and yet you STILL want to run the pitch to revel in mid table mediocrity, be my guest, but we'll laugh at you when you're being chased off the pitch by stewards &/or getting arrested for entering the field of play.

We always used to run on the pitch, even when we finished mid table in the fourth division.

Mid table in the Championship is NOT mediocrity for a lot of us who have lived through the last 30 years of watching our team fail.

We always used to run on the pitch, even when we finished mid table in the fourth division.

Mid table in the Championship is NOT mediocrity for a lot of us who have lived through the last 30 years of watching our team fail.

I agree completely it's not mediocrity in comparison to how we were before we got promoted, but even so, I really don't see ANY point to try and get on the pitch

I agree completely it's not mediocrity in comparison to how we were before we got promoted, but even so, I really don't see ANY point to try and get on the pitch

It's a long standing tradition to celebrate the end of the season.

Been going on for decades to my knowledge and nothing to do with success or otherwise.

It's a long standing tradition to celebrate the end of the season.

Been going on for decades to my knowledge and nothing to do with success or otherwise.

This game it won't matter - if we were playing Wednesday, who needed a result to stay up, brought 3,000 fans and we sent them down, then running on the pitch could cause problems.

I remember when Preston went up from league 1 a few years back and brought about 5,000 fans - they poured on the pitch and so did City.

Astonishing mutual appreciation followed, but if something had been on it for us? - I agree it's the done thing, but I hope the club always keeps an eye on the importance of the game in question.

This game it won't matter - if we were playing Wednesday, who needed a result to stay up, brought 3,000 fans and we sent them down, then running on the pitch could cause problems.

I remember when Preston went up from league 1 a few years back and brought about 5,000 fans - they poured on the pitch and so did City.

Astonishing mutual appreciation followed, but if something had been on it for us? - I agree it's the done thing, but I hope the club always keeps an eye on the importance of the game in question.

Agree, the point is it's a good natured "invasion" - wrong word really as the match and the home season are over - to congratulate the players.

It does depend on the opposition - real rivals such as Cardiff and there could be trouble - but otherwise it has always gone ahead without problems.

Away at Barnsley a few years ago their crowd came on and a few tried to goad the City fans but got no response. It was their last home match, their right to celebrate ( even though we'd just beaten them) and no trouble.

It's a tradition all over the country, not just at City.

I can't imagine the Wednesday fans will be bothered, they'll be doing the same at Hillsborough the following week.

Every season this 'debate' comes up. Well my views are the same as they always been. The bottom line is that its a pointless exercise. Why bother when City have had an ordinary season and will finish 9th at best in the league?

Sometimes I think the numpties who have this compulsion to run on the pitch are really wannabe footballers. If you want to applaud the players then its much more civilised to do it from the stands as they do a lap.

Every season this 'debate' comes up. Well my views are the same as they always been. The bottom line is that its a pointless exercise. Why bother when City have had an ordinary season and will finish 9th at best in the league?

Sometimes I think the numpties who have this compulsion to run on the pitch are really wannabe footballers. If you want to applaud the players then its much more civilised to do it from the stands as they do a lap.

You're being a moaning old man and a killjoy. :disapointed2se:

I bet you charged onto that same pitch at the end of the season in your youth and were therefore a 'numpty' yourself.

You enjoyed it, so why be so critical of the the young fans of today and try and prevent them from having the same harmless bit of fun? :dunno:

Its a bit of a 'glass half full or half empty' debate - i'm a miserable bastard so agree that mid table isn't anything i'd run on the pitch to celebrate because its like one of our athletes finishing 4th in the olympics, but others don't see it that way, so provided the club's happy and the old bill then I don't see the harm.

You're being a moaning old man and a killjoy. :disapointed2se:

I bet you charged onto that same pitch at the end of the season in your youth and were therefore a 'numpty' yourself.

You enjoyed it, so why be so critical of the the young fans of today and try and prevent them from having the same harmless bit of fun? :dunno:

Probably because he can get a nice bit of fishing done with his views.

Agree, the point is it's a good natured "invasion" - wrong word really as the match and the home season are over - to congratulate the players.

It does depend on the opposition - real rivals such as Cardiff and there could be trouble - but otherwise it has always gone ahead without problems.

Away at Barnsley a few years ago their crowd came on and a few tried to goad the City fans but got no response. It was their last home match, their right to celebrate ( even though we'd just beaten them) and no trouble.

It's a tradition all over the country, not just at City.

I can't imagine the Wednesday fans will be bothered, they'll be doing the same at Hillsborough the following week.

no we won't

That was funny. A few of them came on and started heading towards our end, whether they were looking for trouble I don't know, but a load of police on horses strode on to the pitch from near our end, and the "hardmen" (most of whom looked no older than 15) visibly shat themselves and legged it back up to the other end.

I thought numpties were people who drove mini buses full of there gas mates to Wembley ?

It really p####s me off when self rightous so and so's always have a go at other fans, who are doing something different to what they want to do. This has been a tradtion up and down the country for decades, I personally won't be doing it, but I will smile watching our other fans being happy. The ones that run on then will be middle aged chavs, numpties etc.., not just plain old fellow Bristol City fans enjoying them selves, but f##k it lets laugh at OUR fellow supporters getting arrested, I would call you the ones that are the numpties, sorry if I have offended anyone, numpties.

Archived