IGNORED

Dele Adebola Contract.

Cideriuplandlord

As I understand it Dele is out of contract at the end of this season. From what I have read we are willing to offer him a new one year contract but not 2 years.

The general feeling is that he will go to someone (Forest?) who would be willing to give him a 2 year contract. My question is why will forest give him 2 years if we wont, can they see something that we cant, is there a chance that he COULD keep doing what he has done this year for 2 years. As one of our best players this year it will be a shame to see him go.

Therefore if no one was to offer him 2 years would he stay with us ? OR should we take the risk and give him another couple of years ?

I think Del will be a loss, a club missing from the golf bag if you like. We don't know just how good Akinde is, he's looked good in cameo's but when I saw him start at Sheff U he looked out of his depth.

if we can bring in Iwelumu or someone of his ilk as a replacement though then I wouldn't be too dissappointed.

I reckon its not just the lenght its probably the amount.

Even if we would match the length of other offers, would we be paying as much as wednesday/forest, i doubt it.

If a coaching role is chucked in aswell at wed then that would be even bigger incentive.

Its a shame but i cant see him being here next season either. Not the end of the world though provide we get a replacement

I think Del will be a loss, a club missing from the golf bag if you like. We don't know just how good Akinde is, he's looked good in cameo's but when I saw him start at Sheff U he looked out of his depth.

if we can bring in Iwelumu or someone of his ilk as a replacement though then I wouldn't be too dissappointed.

Perhaps that's the plan - Elliott to Wolves for £3 million + Iwelumo = softens the blow of letting Adebola go :unsure:

Perhaps that's the plan - Elliott to Wolves for £3 million + Iwelumo = softens the blow of letting Adebola go :unsure:

Why on earth do you believe Iwelumo would even consider coming to us? Wolves are in the prem, and Iwelumo has been one of or even there main player this season? and why do you have the figure of £3 mil in your head? way out of proportion, even if it was it will be 2 mil TOPS.

Personally I think we should offer the 2 year deal.

We know he does a very good job for us, think how much getting in someone else could be that's proven at this level? Surely it's cheaper to pay Dele for 24 months instead of 12 instead of paying 500k (minimum) and another 2 years worth of wages.

Fact is, he's been over the past 18 months for us he's been alot better than most expected, and I think it would be a shame to see him go, as I can see us losing/getting rid off all but Maynard in the summer at the current rate

Why on earth do you believe Iwelumo would even consider coming to us? Wolves are in the prem, and Iwelumo has been one of or even there main player this season? and why do you have the figure of £3 mil in your head? way out of proportion, even if it was it will be 2 mil TOPS.

well if you read the thread about marvin going to wolves another rumor then youll know why he thinks that :noexpression:

Chill man! That is the number being banded around by others, along with the rumour of Iwelumo. Anyhow, I agree that Iwelumo will probably want to give it a crack in the Prem, if McCarthy thinks he's up to it (and being one of their better players as you point out, he might very well think this)) and 3 million is a bit much, although Wolves have come into some cash via promotion and selling clubs will be dictating prices because of it.

Back on topic, Adebola has been great since he got here. It would be a big blow to lose him, if we cannot find a replacement who is as good or (preferably) better. If we can't, then it might be worth the risk of a 2 year deal, despite the real chance of his legs going.

I definitely wouldn't like to see him line up against us next year, and potentially the year after that, if he keeps up the fitness and form he has shown since he arrived here.

Personally I think we should offer the 2 year deal.

We know he does a very good job for us, think how much getting in someone else could be that's proven at this level? Surely it's cheaper to pay Dele for 24 months instead of 12 instead of paying 500k (minimum) and another 2 years worth of wages.

Fact is, he's been over the past 18 months for us he's been alot better than most expected, and I think it would be a shame to see him go, as I can see us losing/getting rid off all but Maynard in the summer at the current rate

i agree. not offering dele 2 years because his fitness MIGHT become an issue the season after next is a bit daft IMO given how important he is to us. even if he plays from the bench in his second year is that the end of the world??? he would still make a big impact for 20-30 mins. we have no replacement at the club. lets be fair. akinde is not at that level yet and styvar looks like he never will be anywhere near it. i hope the rumours of styvar being let go is true because if GJ is preparing to pitch him in alongside maynard from the off next year it could be a struggle.

saturday will give us a massive pointer i feel. with the PO's mathmatically gone, surely GJ will start styvar if he is in his plans for next year, with dele still undecided.

i agree. not offering dele 2 years because his fitness MIGHT become an issue the season after next is a bit daft IMO given how important he is to us. even if he plays from the bench in his second year is that the end of the world??? he would still make a big impact for 20-30 mins. we have no replacement at the club. lets be fair. akinde is not at that level yet and styvar looks like he never will be anywhere near it. i hope the rumours of styvar being let go is true because if GJ is preparing to pitch him in alongside maynard from the off next year it could be a struggle.

saturday will give us a massive pointer i feel. with the PO's mathmatically gone, surely GJ will start styvar if he is in his plans for next year, with dele still undecided.

Styvar is another liam robinson.

Adebola has had a decent season but he'll be 34 when the next one starts. Of course he will want a two year deal but it's likely he will find it harder and harder to play at this level.

Ryan Giggs has only been getting one year deals from Man U since he was 33 and he's the best player the UK has produced in the last 30 years playing for the biggest club in the world.

If Adebola stays on a year, fine - a good club to have in the bag (though I hope we don't base our whole attacking game around direct balls to him again), but two years is like paying him double because he won't be playing much in the second year of that. I think there ought to be better ways to spend the money.

To not give the a 2 year contract makes no sense at all, he has been consistantly our best player not only this season but also the second half of next season and does he really look like someone that is slowing down?

As a post earlier on pointed out what would we be thinking if we came up against the next season I am sure many of us would be thinking who the on earth is going to cope with this guy up front. To not give the a 2 year contract would be a mistake IMO, I always look to see if there is anything better than we already have and to be honest I am sure there aren't.

Just a shame we don't have a striker alongside him to ANTICIPATE his flick ons!!!!

Thanks for your work Dele this season lets hope you get the 2 years you want do do do :whistle:

Look at Scott Murray for instance. Used to be a fantastic player for us but age has caught up with him. The same will soon happen to Dele. It could be next season or it could be the season after and to give him a two year contract would be a very foolish thing to do. We as a up and coming club should be looking to the future but sorry giving a 34 year old a two year contract is not looking to the future. With him being based in Birmingham I can see him moving to a club closer to there.

Once again this close season we will be looking for a minimum of two strikers possibly 3 if Trundle also moves on.

Archived