IGNORED

Steve L & Gary

RedM

BEP is one thing - I didn't see the BBC interview though, what was said on that?

Ancient history I hope, but I note someone was going on about it in the BEP amongst other things.

I sincerely hope GJ doesn't put himself in a position to be misquoted again - a boycott of the BEP is all well and good, but the lazy bastards can simply pick up quotes from tv, radio or club website so they shouldn't be given any opportunity to misquote him

I think the main point is, tone can't be read in the written word, necessarily.

For example, I could reply to you, "What do you mean you hope he doesn't put himself in the position?".

I could be asking because I want to know, I could be implying you're saying something you're not, I could be saying it in an aggressive way. Anything really. I don't think Gary is happy that quotes were lifted, embellished and given a tone that wasn't really there.

For example, when giving the answers below, he smirks and smiles a few times and obviously isn't angry about it, but is just answering the question. However, without seeing that, it is easy for the BEP to make it sound like he was having a swipe at everyone, which he clearly isn't.

You got some pretty bad abuse from the fans. What's your reaction to that?

Well, you know, I'm honest and I say when I think the fans have been supportive to me and the players and the club, and sometimes I will say - not often, because they're not often like that. And sometimes it's only a small percentage, but they're the ones that make a noise when there's no noise. If we can drown them out, that would be fantastic as supporters. But unfortunately there's a few who would like to be managers and they probably play that Championship Manager game and probably do very well. What we need is their support, and most of the time we appreciate what our supporters do. But on occasions we just have to mention it when they've been a little less than supportive.

And of course, one or two of those always sit right behind you.

Well they always seem to get those seats, don't they? As I say, most of them we are very proud of and they give us everything.

I think the main point is, tone can't be read in the written word, necessarily.

For example, I could reply to you, "What do you mean you hope he doesn't put himself in the position?".

I could be asking because I want to know, I could be implying you're saying something you're not, I could be saying it in an aggressive way. Anything really. I don't think Gary is happy that quotes were lifted, embellished and given a tone that wasn't really there.

For example, when giving the answers below, he smirks and smiles a few times and obviously isn't angry about it, but is just answering the question. However, without seeing that, it is easy for the BEP to make it sound like he was having a swipe at everyone, which he clearly isn't.

You got some pretty bad abuse from the fans. What's your reaction to that?

Well, you know, I'm honest and I say when I think the fans have been supportive to me and the players and the club, and sometimes I will say - not often, because they're not often like that. And sometimes it's only a small percentage, but they're the ones that make a noise when there's no noise. If we can drown them out, that would be fantastic as supporters. But unfortunately there's a few who would like to be managers and they probably play that Championship Manager game and probably do very well. What we need is their support, and most of the time we appreciate what our supporters do. But on occasions we just have to mention it when they've been a little less than supportive.

And of course, one or two of those always sit right behind you.

Well they always seem to get those seats, don't they? As I say, most of them we are very proud of and they give us everything.

So these are the comments that were manipulated by the BEP following the Ipswich game?

BEP is one thing - I didn't see the BBC interview though, what was said on that?

Ancient history I hope, but I note someone was going on about it in the BEP amongst other things.

I sincerely hope GJ doesn't put himself in a position to be misquoted again - a boycott of the BEP is all well and good, but the lazy bastards can simply pick up quotes from tv, radio or club website so they shouldn't be given any opportunity to misquote him

Whatever the rights and wrongs of GJ's comments (and some of them were wrong in my view) you've got one thing spot on - a boycott of the BEP is all well and good. I haven't bought the rag for ages - rather than looking to SUPPORT our football club it prefers to make juicy headlines out of it instead. You never seem to read as many of these headlines in relation to the Blue Few either.

I personally don't understand why people buy or contribute to a rag that will give the club bad press in an instant without the need for encouragement. How else can you explain taking certain words from an interview to give a bigger story (done on many an occasion) - that is not support from a local rag but more national gutter press style spin in order to create controversy.

This was from the BBC video interview here.

Whether that's the same one the BEP got their quotes from, I don't know. But it is very similar.

Looks very similar indeed - I don't personally see any misquote or stuff taken out of context.

Hopefully will be history now but GJ needs to think before he speaks sometimes I think - if he doesnt then the BEP or ANO will take his comments and what they like with them because they are newsworthy.

To be fair, both GJ and KM have been given five year contracts which, at their completion, will have given them SEVEN years to do the required job. Therefore it looks like we are taking a leaf out of Everton's book!!! SL obviously has a medium term agenda to try and get us to the Premier League and GJ/KM are being given every opportunity to meet that agenda.

Being the best of the rest is as good as it can get, I'm sorry to say.

I completely agree with that. Maybe I'm being pedantic on terminology but I don't call "Being the best of the rest..." success.

It's distressing that BBC/Sky, no doubt not deterred by the Premier League, suggest that 5th or 6th in the Premier Bore is a success. I thought that competitive sport was about winning and second place is just the first place loser.

I suspect if the first 4 places in the Premier Bore were not guaranteed every year that 5th and 6th place would bear no relevance.

No, you've got the top 4, who are light years away in terms of finance and then the rest. To go from consistent bottom 6 finishes to consistent top 6 finishes, having spent less on wages and transfer fees than many of your immediate competitors, (Newcastle, Tottenham, Aston Villa, now Man City) is as good a success as can be realistically expected in the current climate.

I prefer "as good a result as can be ..."

edson just accept he dropped a b"&*^ - we all heard the interviews and what he said was disrespectful to fans and showed naivity of the situation regatrding play offs. His latest back pedal is very sad really and would rather him take respnsibilty for actions both on and of the pitch, ultimately that is where the buck stops.

edson just accept he dropped a b"&*^ - we all heard the interviews and what he said was disrespectful to fans and showed naivity of the situation regatrding play offs. His latest back pedal is very sad really and would rather him take respnsibilty for actions both on and of the pitch, ultimately that is where the buck stops.

It was an honest comment about a few fans, not all fans. He even said most fans have given everything this season.

For example, I could say, every club has its share of idiots. Do I mean you? No.

However, a headline could be written "Edson Calls City Fans Idiots". It wouldn't be untrue as such, but it wouldn't represent what I was actually saying.

I think he probably knows where the buck stops.

Personally I think GJ should refrain from critising the fans, simply because whatever he says can be misconstrued & it gives others a stick to beat him with.

However I would say to anyone who felt even the least part disrespected or offended by his comments, that to use the current vernacular, they really should "grow a pair".

Personally I think GJ should refrain from critising the fans, simply because whatever he says can be misconstrued & it gives others a stick to beat him with.

However I would say to anyone who felt even the least part disrespected or offended by his comments, that to use the current vernacular, they really should "grow a pair".

What ear muffs, perhaps GJ should wear some then maybe he would not react so badly when a old guy in the Williams has a rant at him.

I don't think people take offense by it individually the point is there is absolutely no point in mentioning the fans he should have been holding his hands up / making changes - for 2 reasons:

1 = our chances / momentum / spirit was gone against cardiff even before the basso error but definitely after conceding

2 = AG being quiet / fans leaving was expected and understandable (and usually i'm strongly against people leaving early)

what the above amounts to is that GJ has had a very poor few weeks with his decisions and was being naive about our chances of reaching the playoffs. I think he has had a pop at fans in general and is due to us being more realistic about our chances and wanting to see changes / opportunities for other players.

And the funny thing is we will never know if akinde here, trundle given chance etc... would make any difference cos clearly we didn't try anything apart from our usual tactics.

I do not want GJ to go but think he needs to be less stubborn if we are going to progress

What ear muffs, perhaps GJ should wear some then maybe he would not react so badly when a old guy in the Williams has a rant at him.

Yep cuts both ways I think.

Lets hope this situation doesn't arise again anyway.

Yep cuts both ways I think.

Lets hope this situation doesn't arise again anyway.

Of course it does, but your always going to get a few that vent their feelings when things don't go to plan, i am in the EE so i don't really hear much neg directed at GJ, players get a bit now and again when they screw up but even that seems to be only individuels, i really do believe that GJ lost it on that saturday because 1. we let it slip again in the last minute. 2 LJ was involved in the fannying around with the ball which led to the corner and then penalty (he was not on his own either, others could have cleared it before LJ). 3. the old guy had a pop at him.4.he knew then it was all over, I think GJ just let it all get to him and he lashed out when on another day if we would have drawn at home the noise or the early leavers would not have even been mentioned.

Archived