IGNORED

Buster Footman

Alex

Buster was a proper legend. If Dave L is about and reads this. Could you possible arrange for Buster to come down to AG next season for the half time draw to allow us to say thank you for his service to the club.

I think this is an excellent suggestion, he really was a great servant to the club, I remember going to his testimonial against a Man United reserve side and got Wes Browns autograph.

We should have a Buster day and all wear a white t-shirt to a match next season.

Seriously though, he was a great servant to the club for many years, something should be done IMO.

To honour him properly that would need to be a sub zero Tuesday night match in February. :laugh:

• Admin
We should have a Buster day and all wear a white t-shirt to a match next season.

Seriously though, he was a great servant to the club for many years, something should be done IMO.

the club did they had a testimonial match for him, we played against Man Utd, remember Barnard played for us and Wes Brown was about the only recongised name from the Utd team

Indeed if you look at whats left of the Wedlocks Pub you'll still see the 'Busters Testimonial' sign on the porch entrance I think.

Would be good to see him come and do a h/t draw... he was a top man and boy did he have some pace! Always remember in the east end when he was walking back that everyone wanted to say Hi to Buster.. he was that type of likeable chap.

the club did they had a testimonial match for him, we played against Man Utd, remember Barnard played for us and Wes Brown was about the only recongised name from the Utd team

Danny Webber, now of Sheffield Utd, played and scored a hat trick. Of course he wasn't recognised then.

I think Albano Correia played for us but wasn't named on the teamsheet. I asked Joe Jordan who he was but the grumpy sod wouldn't tell me (or didn't know himself)!

Buster was/is a club legend. :worship2:

Always wore a white t-shirt no matter what the weather was like too.

I've got a team photo of the 2000 Wemley (Stoke) final - Buster is next to Scotty in a red sweatshirt - hardly recognised him!

Agree 110% - Buster is a true CITY LEGEND. Lets get him back down at the Gate and really show our appreciation.

PS - Also Alex Lockhart - One of lifes true gentlemen. Does anyone know where he is now?

Last i heard he still lives in Long Ashton and drinks in the Legion. I saw him in there a couple of years ago. He does loads of fundraising.

Truly top bloke.

About 10 years ago my mate hurt his knee playing footy ( sunday league ! ) and he went down to Ashton gate to ask Buster to look at it and give his advice. Buster invited him in and had a look at it for him !! Imagine that happening now ... i don't think so.

Sorry just realised you wanted to know where Alex Lockhart is , i thought you were asking about BF....

Buster has been fighting cancer for about a year, but at the moment and thank god he has been given the all clear.

He is doing a charity walk this weekend I think from some where in Devon to the children's hospise in Wraxall.

He works as a gardener at the Downs school in Failand and lives in Portishead. GREAT GREAT GUY.

There was a piece in the Sunday Indy about Buster recently. He has come through a rough patch where he had chemo to treat bone marrow cancer but is now fit enough to go on a charity walk. It starts on Friday (today now) from Little Bridge House Hospice, Fremington in Devon and on day one he will walk to Combe Martin.

He is carrying on the walk over six days and ending up the Charlton House Hospice at Wraxall, ans is raising money for the Children's Hospice south West. There will be a sports forum at the Downs School on Thursday May 7 to celebrate the completion of the walk. Louis Carey is due to be there.

Buster works as a gardener at the Downs School. He hopes to raise five grand from the walk.

Any update on Buster's progress?

I live in Combe Martin and would love to cheer him on - is he stopping overnight here?

I remeber his testimonial year and attended many of the functions including a match at Clevedon when, if I recall correctly, Super Bob Taylor played whilst still in the Prem with West Brom.

Still got an unused Buster Testimonial white T Shirt which I have dug out from the loft!

Any update on Buster's progress?

I live in Combe Martin and would love to cheer him on - is he stopping overnight here?

I remeber his testimonial year and attended many of the functions including a match at Clevedon when, if I recall correctly, Super Bob Taylor played whilst still in the Prem with West Brom.

Still got an unused Buster Testimonial white T Shirt which I have dug out from the loft!

I think he has booked all his overnight stays for the walk so I would take it that he's staying in Combe Martin tonight, yes.

Buster was on Subs Bench a few weeks ago - still lookin good for his age, still clear of his illness a and still walking hundreds of miles and climbing mountains for charity - top fella

Sorted my knee for me but none too much sympathy from Buster unless both legs and arms were severed !!! :laugh:

'Hard as nails' and a big heart sums the great man up :)

Archived