IGNORED

Southampton

TheBerkeleyBoy

I caught a little of what they were saying on the radio earlier. they were talking to the ex chairman I think. They asked him if he thought the decision was right, especially with there being a holding company involved. He (of course) said he didn't agree with the deduction and said that was the whole point of having a holding company, to prevent this ever happening.

Although I had guessed this loophole, for him to come out and say it was foolish and Southampton deserve everything they get!

Wow that's a bold statement to make, do you think they could be punished with even more points like Luton did this year, to me it looks just as it sounds, for want of a better word..... Cheating !

Southampton have gone wrong some where?!

You could make a good Premier League squad out of the players they have sold:

Rory Delap, Wayne Bridge, Peter Crouch, Theo Walcott, Antti Niemi, James Beattie, Kevin Davies, Gareth Bale.......

what did they do with all that money?

Spent it on a stadium.......i hope this isn't what is going to happen to City?

Really angry about this. The Southampton fans have done nothing wrong yet they are the ones being penalised. Same as with all the other clubs who have been docked points this season. I understand there needs to be a punishment but why punish the fans? Why not ban whoever is responsible for them entering administration from football for life? I'm not Southampton's biggest fan but I would be majorly pissed off and upset if teh boot was on the other foot.

Doesn't this link in with the level of demands fans should be making on their chairman? I'd have thought this should calm supporters down when they demand someone's head for failure to sign ex-Prem players or progress at an unrealistic rate. It's not the fans' fault in every instance, but their expectation levels feed into the behaviour of the chairman. Compare to, for example, the Man Utd Supporters' Trust who are constantly expressing concern about the level of debt the club is taking on. That's responsible support (although it isn't as easy).

So will point deductions happen to the Premier League clubs anytime soon? Some of them have the debt of third world countries

The difference is that the clubs you refer to - eg Manchester United - are able to continue to service these debts; ie they are still making the agreed monthly payments. Clubs like Southampton are no longer to pay back what they owe and by declaring administration are effectivly telling their creditors they won't be seeing their money again.

Isn't this a Football League rule, does the Premier League carry the same ruling? :dunno:

Also this.

Archived