IGNORED

Jermaine Johnson

Tom

Looked impressive and the sort of player we need on the left instead of McIndoe who despite playing fairly well today looks like he's playing for a transfer.

I'd think after today that Johnson may have noted his name down.

also noted to be very tempermental for instances when he is substituted.

my friend who is a wednesday fan said he was sent off in the steel city derby back in september for his temper. after he had been subbed he kicked a bottle in the crowd and the referee sent him off for dangerous play so if we do sign him people in the williams watch out .p.s bring a helmet with you:).

Was it his vicious dipping cross shot that more or less knocked out that fan in the front row of the Atyeo?

Bit of a coincidence after Brunt's thunderbolt clearance knocked out that bloke leaving at the front of the Dolman a couple of years ago.

Looked impressive and the sort of player we need on the left instead of McIndoe who despite playing fairly well today looks like he's playing for a transfer.

Yeah, brilliant.

Let's change a player who has 7 assists and 7 goals for one who has 3 assists and one goal just because he made a few ignorant fans get a little bit over excited when he ran at players despite the fact that he actually achieved **** all even though he was being marked by a central midfielder out of position.

Best idea ever.

Yeah, brilliant.

Let's change a player who has 7 assists and 7 goals for one who has 3 assists and one goal just because he made a few ignorant fans get a little bit over excited when he ran at players despite the fact that he actually achieved **** all even though he was being marked by a central midfielder out of position.

Best idea ever.

Yh agreed, lets not sign that bugger, but can we still offload the useless disinterested lump that couldn`t take the ball past a one legged, blind sunday league player wothout immediately stopping aand passing the ball backwards again. I really don`t get this McIndoe love in thing, never mind getting someone in to compete for his place, let`s get someone to take his place....please !!!!!!

PDG

Was it his vicious dipping cross shot that more or less knocked out that fan in the front row of the Atyeo?

I think that was Esajas who hit the lady at the front of the Atyeo, he then got subbed off and was stretchered down the tunnel.Anyone see what happened to him? how did he get injured? Johnson then came on for him.

looked lively in 2nd half but i havent been too impressed with him in games ive seen him in on tv before.

I remember watching that derby match he went balistic when he got subbed ha ha

especially considering the stats nibor posted ii think maybe he wouldnt be the best.

Do def agree that we need to get some competition/replacement in for mcindoe though.

I really don`t get this McIndoe love in thing, never mind getting someone in to compete for his place, let`s get someone to take his place....please !!!!!!

7 goals, 7 assists - find a player in our price range who can do better then I'd be delighted to see us sign them.

We have more pressing concerns than replacing the one midfielder who produces chances and goals.

well if mcindoe is playing for a transfer ,he must want league 1 footy because he sure hasn,t produced a championship performance for some time imo

well if mcindoe is playing for a transfer ,he must want league 1 footy because he sure hasn,t produced a championship performance for some time imo

Yeah well people keep saying that but the facts say different and to be honest it's perfectly obvious why he doesn't look as good this season - he's been asked to spend most of it covering central midfield. He's still done more than any other midfielder by some distance.

I think that was Esajas who hit the lady at the front of the Atyeo, he then got subbed off and was stretchered down the tunnel.Anyone see what happened to him? how did he get injured? Johnson then came on for him.

The lady took a horrible whack, almost as though she hadn't seen the ball coming at all.

As for Esajas, no idea what happened to him - complete surprise to me as well to see him being stretched off alongside the pitch.

Yeah well people keep saying that but the facts say different and to be honest it's perfectly obvious why he doesn't look as good this season - he's been asked to spend most of it covering central midfield. He's still done more than any other midfielder by some distance.

what are these facts?so he,s been asked to cover a position that us fans have been askin GJ to get a decent player in to fill , obviously he wasn,t up to the job if u ask me

The lady took a horrible whack, almost as though she hadn't seen the ball coming at all.

As for Esajas, no idea what happened to him - complete surprise to me as well to see him being stretchered off alongside the pitch.

what are these facts?

7 goals 7 assists

so he,s been asked to cover a position that us fans have been askin GJ to get a decent player in to fill , obviously he wasn,t up to the job if u ask me

Huh? McIndoe is a left winger and when played on the left wing has done excellently for us. He's the best left winger we've had since Dave Smith.

This season he's obviously been asked to play tucked in and it makes him look less effective but despite that he's still delivered far more than anyone else.

What exactly are you expecting out of a player in that position?

7 goals 7 assists

Huh? McIndoe is a left winger and when played on the left wing has done excellently for us. He's the best left winger we've had since Dave Smith.

This season he's obviously been asked to play tucked in and it makes him look less effective but despite that he's still delivered far more than anyone else.

i didn,t say he hadn,t done a good job for us on the wing, but askin a winger to cover the centre of the pitch is a waste of talent if you ask me , thats why we have played so narrow and predictable at home , no width with very limited chances created, well if he,s played so well in your eyes then it shows how shite the the rest of the midfield was this season tbh

Esajas also came back out in the second half, on a pair of crutches, with one of those plastic casts on his leg.

I have a feeling it was a tackle with McCallister, but am not entirely sure with that. He was sat by the home dug out on the ground for over 5 minutes recieving treatment to his leg before he was stretchered off.

7 goals 7 assists

It only says 6 goals on the official site but not sure how up to date that is so will take your word that its 7!

Maybe if you could find a stat that compares the goals and assists to mins on the pitch this season it might be a different story! I would try and find one if i knew where to look!

As for playing inside how many times has he been asked to play central? We played a handfull of games with 3 at the back and he played central then! When else was he playing central?

IMO McIndoe has been the our most disappointing player by far this season!

It only says 6 goals on the official site but not sure how up to date that is so will take your word that its 7!

Maybe if you could find a stat that compares the goals and assists to mins on the pitch this season it might be a different story! I would try and find one if i knew where to look!

As for playing inside how many times has he been asked to play central? We played a handfull of games with 3 at the back and he played central then! When else was he playing central?

IMO McIndoe has been the our most disappointing player by far this season!

Actually it may be 6, you're right - 7 was last season. Still more than any other midfielder. LJ has 3, Sproule 3, Elliott 3, Williams 3, Skuse 2... McIndoe also has 7 assists, and Sproule is the next nearest midfielder with 4 - so why are people giving McIndoe a hard time when he's clearly delivering double what anyone else is? How on earth does that make him our most disappointing player? Madness IMO.

He's been playing on the left but tucked right in covering the centre pretty much every game. This is a direct result of us not having a strong enough central midfield.

Last season we got away with it because played 3 in the middle (or one in the hole) more often than not, this time we had 6 strikers so played two up front mostly but the midfield couldn't cope with wingers playing wide hence a central midfielder on the right and McIndoe tucked in on the left.

Next season if we manage to get a stronger central midfield we might see McIndoe hugging the touchline again - that's where he's best.

Actually it may be 6, you're right - 7 was last season. Still more than any other midfielder. LJ has 3, Sproule 3, Elliott 3, Williams 3, Skuse 2... McIndoe also has 7 assists, and Sproule is the next nearest midfielder with 4 - so why are people giving McIndoe a hard time when he's clearly delivering double what anyone else is? How on earth does that make him our most disappointing player? Madness IMO.

He's been playing on the left but tucked right in covering the centre pretty much every game. This is a direct result of us not having a strong enough central midfield.

Last season we got away with it because played 3 in the middle (or one in the hole) more often than not, this time we had 6 strikers so played two up front mostly but the midfield couldn't cope with wingers playing wide hence a central midfielder on the right and McIndoe tucked in on the left.

Next season if we manage to get a stronger central midfield we might see McIndoe hugging the touchline again - that's where he's best.

He has scored twice as many as the others mentioned because with the exception of LJ he has played twice as many minutes as any other midfielders! IMO had Williams, and Elliott been able to stay fit they would have scored as many if not more than McIndoe and had Sproule and Skuse been given the same chances as McIndoe they would have done equaly as much!

The reason i feel he has been our most disappointing player is because last year he did a good job on the left....het set himself standards that he hasnt lived up to this season. He runs 30 yards and then stops and passes it back or cuts inside and ends up going nowhere.....how many times has he done that this season. A hell of a lot more than he has got to the line and crossed it! LJ gets twice as much stick as McIndoe but has done far more in terms of general good play! (I wouldnt pick LJ either by the way)

Yesterday was a classic McIndoe performance....he flatters to deceive. For all the runs he made out to the touchline in the end what did he actually deliver??? IMO not a lot

As for the playing inside to cover our weak midfield.......I don't agree! McIndoe doesnt need to cover the center of the midfield.......he is out there to play Left midfield which is what he should be doing! IMO The only reason he is cutting inside all the time is because he hasnt got the confidence or the belief to try and take the man on!

He has scored twice as many as the others mentioned because with the exception of LJ he has played twice as many minutes as any other midfielders! IMO had Williams, and Elliott been able to stay fit they would have scored as many if not more than McIndoe and had Sproule and Skuse been given the same chances as McIndoe they would have done equaly as much!
I don't see how you can arrive at that conclusion. Skuse rarely scores, Sproule rarely scores, LJ rarely scores. Go look at their career stats. Williams has barely been fit since stepping up to this level. Elliott scored 5 last season, couldn't score for toffee for several seasons before that. McIndoe usually gets anywhere from 6-10 goals a season and the same assists and has done for years. No other midfield player we have does that. And tbh an argument based on "if a player could stay fit" is irrelevant isn't it?

The reason i feel he has been our most disappointing player is because last year he did a good job on the left....het set himself standards that he hasnt lived up to this season. He runs 30 yards and then stops and passes it back or cuts inside and ends up going nowhere.....how many times has he done that this season. A hell of a lot more than he has got to the line and crossed it! LJ gets twice as much stick as McIndoe but has done far more in terms of general good play! (I wouldnt pick LJ either by the way)

LJ done more than McIndoe? Not in the games I've watched and not in the stats either. The only reason McIndoe is getting stick is because he is being asked to do the wrong job and therefore looks to be struggling compared to the very high standard he set last season. He's still our most creative player. The reason he ends up crossing less is because he's having to start from a far more central position.

Yesterday was a classic McIndoe performance....he flatters to deceive. For all the runs he made out to the touchline in the end what did he actually deliver??? IMO not a lot

The whole midfield were s**t. Nobody came out of that with credit. Did his full back overlap him once? Did he get any support out wide from a central player? Didn't he still create a gilt edged chance from a free kick that Iriekpen missed?

As for the playing inside to cover our weak midfield.......I don't agree! McIndoe doesnt need to cover the center of the midfield.......he is out there to play Left midfield which is what he should be doing! IMO The only reason he is cutting inside all the time is because he hasnt got the confidence or the belief to try and take the man on!

He's doing what he is told and that is to tuck in tight and cover the centre, that's bloody obvious. It's obvious because it's completely different to what he's done last season for us and in previous seasons for other teams.

I don't see how you can arrive at that conclusion. Skuse rarely scores, Sproule rarely scores, LJ rarely scores. Go look at their career stats. Williams has barely been fit since stepping up to this level. Elliott scored 5 last season, couldn't score for toffee for several seasons before that. McIndoe usually gets anywhere from 6-10 goals a season and the same assists and has done for years. No other midfield player we have does that. And tbh an argument based on "if a player could stay fit" is irrelevant isn't it?

LJ done more than McIndoe? Not in the games I've watched and not in the stats either. The only reason McIndoe is getting stick is because he is being asked to do the wrong job and therefore looks to be struggling compared to the very high standard he set last season. He's still our most creative player. The reason he ends up crossing less is because he's having to start from a far more central position.

The whole midfield were s**t. Nobody came out of that with credit. Did his full back overlap him once? Did he get any support out wide from a central player? Didn't he still create a gilt edged chance from a free kick that Iriekpen missed?

He's doing what he is told and that is to tuck in tight and cover the centre, that's bloody obvious. It's obvious because it's completely different to what he's done last season for us and in previous seasons for other teams.

There`s none so blind as them that can`t see. It`s horses for courses Nibor, just as some see LJ as the villain and others defend him, so it is with McIndoe. I would try to continue the case against him, but there`s not much point. For me, he`s just not doing it and here`s one City fan that won`t be weeping if he gets itchy feet again in the summer.

PDG

Esajas also came back out in the second half, on a pair of crutches, with one of those plastic casts on his leg.

I have a feeling it was a tackle with McCallister, but am not entirely sure with that. He was sat by the home dug out on the ground for over 5 minutes recieving treatment to his leg before he was stretchered off.

I thought he got injured after one of those 'chasing down' sort of tackles from Maynard.

I don't see how you can arrive at that conclusion. Skuse rarely scores, Sproule rarely scores, LJ rarely scores. Go look at their career stats. Williams has barely been fit since stepping up to this level. Elliott scored 5 last season, couldn't score for toffee for several seasons before that. McIndoe usually gets anywhere from 6-10 goals a season and the same assists and has done for years. No other midfield player we have does that. And tbh an argument based on "if a player could stay fit" is irrelevant isn't it? Well i came to that conclusion because if they have scored half as many goals in half as many starts then it seems logical that they could easily score the same ammout in the same ammount of starts. Thats how i arrived at that conclusion although i don't actually know what the statistics are for ammount of starts! It certainly seems to me like Sproule and Skuse have started half as many games!

LJ done more than McIndoe? Not in the games I've watched and not in the stats either. The only reason McIndoe is getting stick is because he is being asked to do the wrong job and therefore looks to be struggling compared to the very high standard he set last season. He's still our most creative player. The reason he ends up crossing less is because he's having to start from a far more central position. Cobblers! Who says he is being asked to start more central? You....ah right so it must be true then! The only reason he is ending up in a more central position is because he keeps going in there rather than go round the outside like he is supposed to!

The whole midfield were s**t. Nobody came out of that with credit. Did his full back overlap him once? Did he get any support out wide from a central player? Didn't he still create a gilt edged chance from a free kick that Iriekpen missed? Created 1 chance...........oh well job done then! How is he supposed to get support from a central player.......he is covering their weaknesses remember???????

He's doing what he is told and that is to tuck in tight and cover the centre, that's bloody obvious. It's obvious because it's completely different to what he's done last season for us and in previous seasons for other teams. Ok so if what you say is true and he is being told to cover the centre then that means GJ must feel that our center midfield isnt strong enough and needs cover yes?......that must be the case because otherwise GJ wouldnt tell him to keep coming infield to cover! In which case why does GJ keep picking center midfielders who arent strong enough or good enough to play their without needing McIndoes help. Why does he pick them and then get another player to cover then as you say he does! Which of the center midfielders does GJ think isnt strong enough??? Elliott??? Skuse???? Williams????.......or don't tell me......let me guess........his son...........who is of course only in there because his dad is manager........and therefore needs his dad to get other players to cover him..which is what happens.....because you said so......and you must know...........so it all fits in now! Its LJ's fault that McIdoe keeps having to play out of position...its suddenly all so clear!

Well i came to that conclusion because if they have scored half as many goals in half as many starts then it seems logical that they could easily score the same ammout in the same ammount of starts. Thats how i arrived at that conclusion although i don't actually know what the statistics are for ammount of starts! It certainly seems to me like Sproule and Skuse have started half as many games!
Well your conclusion doesn't stand up when you look at their career history does it?

Cobblers! Who says he is being asked to start more central? You....ah right so it must be true then! The only reason he is ending up in a more central position is because he keeps going in there rather than go round the outside like he is supposed to!
I see, so McIndoe, after enjoying lots of success playing wide left for years, suddenly decided this season to tuck in tight? Yeah, right.

Created 1 chance...........oh well job done then! How is he supposed to get support from a central player.......he is covering their weaknesses remember???????
They were all s**t. Remind me how many chances Sproule created? And yes, central players are supposed to give wide players an option just like full backs are meant to overlap - and that doesn't happen much does it?

Ok so if what you say is true and he is being told to cover the centre then that means GJ must feel that our center midfield isnt strong enough and needs cover yes?......that must be the case because otherwise GJ wouldnt tell him to keep coming infield to cover! In which case why does GJ keep picking center midfielders who arent strong enough or good enough to play their without needing McIndoes help. Why does he pick them and then get another player to cover then as you say he does! Which of the center midfielders does GJ think isnt strong enough??? Elliott??? Skuse???? Williams????.......or don't tell me......let me guess........his son...........who is of course only in there because his dad is manager........and therefore needs his dad to get other players to cover him..which is what happens.....because you said so......and you must know...........so it all fits in now! Its LJ's fault that McIdoe keeps having to play out of position...its suddenly all so clear!

It's not LJ's fault at all, he doesn't pick himself. But LJ is part of a central midfield that GJ believes is too weak to compete man for man at this level. That's why he has McIndoe tuck in and prefers to play Williams on the right. He's said as much in interviews - I can't be arsed to dig up which ones but I do remember reading him talking about opposition at this level "carving you wide open".

But all that aside, the bottom line is that the contribution McIndoe makes in terms of goals and assists proves your assertion that he has been our most disappointing player to be complete and utter bollards. I'll say it again, best left winger since Dave Smith and there is nobody we could get to replace him that would contribute the same amount for a fee we can afford.

Well your conclusion doesn't stand up when you look at their career history does it? Sorry i thought we were talking about this season!

I see, so McIndoe, after enjoying lots of success playing wide left for years, suddenly decided this season to tuck in tight? Yeah, right. You said he tucks in tight.....i didnt......i don't think he does and cant understand why you say he does apart from using it as an excuse for him! I say he starts out wide and then cuts back or inside because he hasnt got the confidence to try and take his man on! When you cut inside you usually end up central......doesnt mean you have been instructed to play there!

They were all s**t. Remind me how many chances Sproule created? And yes, central players are supposed to give wide players an option just like full backs are meant to overlap - and that doesn't happen much does it? How the #### can they be giving the wide players an option when you say they cant even cope with their own position! Our central players get about the pitch as well as any central players i have seen in this division and support the wide players as well! You only say they don't as another weak argument to defend McIndoe!

It's not LJ's fault at all, he doesn't pick himself. But LJ is part of a central midfield that GJ believes is too weak to compete man for man at this level. That's why he has McIndoe tuck in and prefers to play Williams on the right. He's said as much in interviews - I can't be arsed to dig up which ones but I do remember reading him talking about opposition at this level "carving you wide open". GJ believes the central midfield is too weak does he..........well why the #### has he been playing the same central midfield pairing for 2 years.........a central midfield pairing that played a massive part in getting us to the playoff final last year

But all that aside, the bottom line is that the contribution McIndoe makes in terms of goals and assists proves your assertion that he has been our most disappointing player to be complete and utter bollards. I'll say it again, best left winger since Dave Smith and there is nobody we could get to replace him that would contribute the same amount for a fee we can afford.Say it as many times as you like and make up as many excuses as you like........IMO Mcindoe has been Poor this season.......nowhere near as good as last.....Stats don't tell the whole story and never do...........if a player has scored 6 tap ins in a season does that mean they have had a good season.........if i went through the stats of all the midfielders that have made any of the football league teams would i find that they have all scored plenty of goals and if they havent then does that mean they have been crap because that stats say so.......unlike you i prefer to make my own mind up rather than rely on stats........if thats bollards then so be it!

I don't need to make excuses for McIndoe, his contribution is there in black and white and stands up by itself.

But if you haven't noticed him playing more centrally, something I'm sure the vast majority of fans have noticed and certainly many posters on here have commented on, then you weren't paying attention. And as to why - I've offered a clear explanation of that, one that fits the facts available and the comments made by the manager.

You disagree but you don't really have a coherent argument other than "he's poor". Fair enough.

I don't need to make excuses for McIndoe, his contribution is there in black and white and stands up by itself.

But if you haven't noticed him playing more centrally, something I'm sure the vast majority of fans have noticed and certainly many posters on here have commented on, then you weren't paying attention. And as to why - I've offered a clear explanation of that, one that fits the facts available and the comments made by the manager.

You disagree but you don't really have a coherent argument other than "he's poor". Fair enough.

Oh yes of course.........the stat man again...........next season i wont bother going to the games.....i will just look at the stats and make my mind up about a player from them..........you cant argue with stats can you!

And i could say that equally as many people and posters have commented that he is always cutting inside or cutting back and rather pathetically say that you werent paying attention!

So a clear explanation is that the manager thinks our midfield is weak and asks our wide men to play more central.........you havent got any evidence to prove that.......you just say thats what he tells them it so it's fact!.of course the stats would say that we have had too pretty sucessfull seasons in the CCC......and considering our manager according to you doesnt think our central midfield is strong enough.that is a pretty unbelievable stat

So saying he only finds himself more central because he cuts inside because he hasnt got the confidence to go past his man isnt a coherent argument to your playing more central then!

Well like you said....."fair enough"

Archived