IGNORED

Jermaine Johnson

Tom

Oh yes of course.........the stat man again...........next season i wont bother going to the games.....i will just look at the stats and make my mind up about a player from them..........you cant argue with stats can you!

Stats aren't the full picture and I haven't claimed they are, typical straw man tactics there - love it. They're just another indicator. I mentioned them because you tried to suggest that Skuse, Sproule, and Elliott would score as many as McIndoe and their careers to date would seem to very clearly suggest that is complete and utter shite.

I think McIndoe hasn't been as good as last season but is still one of our most important players, that's an opinion based on watching about 30 games, the stats just seem to back that up.

And i could say that equally as many people and posters have commented that he is always cutting inside or cutting back and rather pathetically say that you werent paying attention!
Yeah you could but you'll find that most people on here moaning about McIndoe are moaning about him not being wide enough. I can't be arsed to use search for you.

So a clear explanation is that the manager thinks our midfield is weak and asks our wide men to play more central.........you havent got any evidence to prove that.......you just say thats what he tells them it so it's fact!.of course the stats would say that we have had too pretty sucessfull seasons in the CCC......and considering our manager according to you doesnt think our midfield is strong enough.that is a pretty unbelievable stat

OK here you go then...

You can't do that in the Championship

And after the Reading game:

Johnson accused his players of "weak defending" against Reading and admitted: "They were just taking the ball off us and carving through us like a knife through butter.

Is there any evidence or stats or anything whatsoever to support your ludicrous idea that McIndoe has been our most disappointing player?

So saying he only finds himself more central because he cuts inside because he hasnt got the confidence to go past his man isnt a coherent argument to your playing more central then!

Well like you said....."fair enough"

McIndoe comes across as confident bordering on arrogant so it doesn't sound very coherent to me.

Stats aren't the full picture and I haven't claimed they are, typical straw man tactics there - love it. They're just another indicator. I mentioned them because you tried to suggest that Skuse, Sproule, and Elliott would score as many as McIndoe and their careers to date would seem to very clearly suggest that is complete and utter shite.

I think McIndoe hasn't been as good as last season but is still one of our most important players, that's an opinion based on watching about 30 games, the stats just seem to back that up.

Yeah you could but you'll find that most people on here moaning about McIndoe are moaning about him not being wide enough. I can't be arsed to use search for you.

OK here you go then...

You can't do that in the Championship

And after the Reading game:

Johnson accused his players of "weak defending" against Reading and admitted: "They were just taking the ball off us and carving through us like a knife through butter.

Is there any evidence or stats or anything whatsoever to support your ludicrous idea that McIndoe has been our most disappointing player?

McIndoe comes across as confident bordering on arrogant so it doesn't sound very coherent to me.

Quote from you last post "I don't need to make excuses for McIndoe, his contribution is there in black and white and stands up by itself"...........sorry is that more straw man tactics????

Well like i said i was basing my theory on this season rather than their whole career

If you bothered to read what i wrote you would have seen that i said he was our most disappointing player because last year he did a good job for us on the left!

Well most people who i have heard moaning about McIndoe say that he keeps stopping and cutting back or inside which i agree with!.....awwwwww well if you cant be arsed then neither can i :pacifier:

"Johnson accused his players of weak defending etc etc!!!!............oh yeah a quote after our worst performance of the season...........really convinient one for your argument that isnt it!...........still doesnt mention anything about him being told to play central all the time like you said or that our central midfield pairing isnt strong enough!

"Our wide men have to be inside sometimes and outside others" A johnson quote from that article which i agree with! Again it doesnt say that McIndoe is instructed to tuck inside and cover our weak central pairing like you have stated!

I don't need to have stats to support my "ludicrous" idea that McIndoe has been our most disappointing player...i am capable of making my own judgement and opinion on how a players has played for us!

Well if he is is high on confidence bordering on arrogance then maybe he should transfer that to the pitch and try taking on a full back a bit more often like he did last season! He doesnt do that enough for me so my conclusion to that is that he is lacking in confidence on the pitch! I should have realised we were talking about his off the field personality!

Shall we try and turn this Johnson thread back into a Johnson thread or is it now ok to turn Johnson threads into McIndoe threads?

And why can't we do the normal thing and turn this Johnson thread into another Johnson thread. If you know what I mean.

Just imagine what fun it would be if we had a team of Johnsons.

Quote from you last post "I don't need to make excuses for McIndoe, his contribution is there in black and white and stands up by itself"...........sorry is that more straw man tactics????

Well like i said i was basing my theory on this season rather than their whole career

If you bothered to read what i wrote you would have seen that i said he was our most disappointing player because last year he did a good job for us on the left!

Well most people who i have heard moaning about McIndoe say that he keeps stopping and cutting back or inside which i agree with!.....awwwwww well if you cant be arsed then neither can i :pacifier:

"Johnson accused his players of weak defending etc etc!!!!............oh yeah a quote after our worst performance of the season...........really convinient one for your argument that isnt it!...........still doesnt mention anything about him being told to play central all the time like you said or that our central midfield pairing isnt strong enough!

"Our wide men have to be inside sometimes and outside others" A johnson quote from that article which i agree with! Again it doesnt say that McIndoe is instructed to tuck inside and cover our weak central pairing like you have stated!

I don't need to have stats to support my "ludicrous" idea that McIndoe has been our most disappointing player...i am capable of making my own judgement and opinion on how a players has played for us!

Well if he is is high on confidence bordering on arrogance then maybe he should transfer that to the pitch and try taking on a full back a bit more often like he did last season! He doesnt do that enough for me so my conclusion to that is that he is lacking in confidence on the pitch! I should have realised we were talking about his off the field personality!

I am amazed at some of the arguments you have put forward to be honest.

Correct me if I am wrong but you appear to be saying that McIndoe has played far too much in the centre of the pitch this season, cuts inside and stops most of the time when he shouldn't (in your opinion obviously) and that all of this is totally his own doing. In other words, McIndoe is sticking his middle finger up to GJ and doing things his own way and yet GJ, presumably led on his back whilst McIndoe tickles his tummy, keeps on selecting him whenever he is fit.

If there is one thing we do know about GJ then it is that ANY player who refuses to do things his way is taking the high road. That is set in stone throughout his period as manager here. Therefore all I can presume is that McIndoe is doing enough and following orders sufficiently for GJ to carry on selecting him every single week. If he is playing as bad as you say he is and is so arrogant that he is simply refusing to play to team orders then the man you have to question for picking him or not having adequate cover is GARY JOHNSON isn't it? You can't have it all ways.

I also find it a strange comment that a player who is responsible for a quarter of our league goals this season is thought of as the "biggest disappointment" in the squad. I agree that McIndoe hasn't hit the heights of last season but what I will say is that if you ask a winger like him to do too much "water carrying" then the sharpness that he needs to go down the line, take his full back on and get a cross in disappears - ANYONE who has played football to even a half decent level could tell you that.

I totally agree with Nibor and I have made the same point as him before. McIndoe spends so much time in the centre of the pitch doing the job that GJ has presumably asked him to whenever the other mob have the ball that by the time he gets possession and is required to try and take his full back on he is totally knackered. Another point worth mentioning as well is that you sometimes see one of our wingers get to the bye-line and as they quickly look up prior to crossing they realise that the nearest City player is about thirty yards behind them. Fancy holding onto the ball and checking back in that situation!!!

Contrary to popular opinion on here I think that McIndoe is the best team player and hardest worker in the City side - and I wouldn't mind betting that if you asked Gary Johnson he would say the same.

I amazed at some of the arguments you have put forward to be honest.

Correct me if I am wrong but you appear to be saying that McIndoe has played far too much in the centre of the pitch this season, cuts inside and stops most of the time when he shouldn't (in your opinion obviously) and that all of this is totally his own doing. In other words, McIndoe is sticking his middle finger up to GJ and doing things his own way and yet GJ, presumably led on his back whilst McIndoe tickles his tummy, keeps on selecting him whenever he is fit.

If there is one thing we do know about GJ then it is that ANY player who refuses to do things his way is taking the high road. That is set in stone throughout his period as manager here. Therefore all I can presume is that McIndoe is doing enough and following orders sufficiently for GJ to carry on selecting him every single week. If he is playing as bad as you say he is and is so arrogant that he is simply refusing to play to team orders then the man you have to question for picking him or not having adequate cover is GARY JOHNSON isn't it? You can't have it all ways.

I also find it a strange comment that a player who is responsible for a quarter of our league goals this season is thought of as the "biggest disappointment" in the squad. I agree that McIndoe hasn't hit the heights of last season but what I will say is that if you ask a winger like him to do too much "water carrying" then the sharpness that he needs to go down the line, take his full back on and get a cross in disappears - ANYONE who has played football to even a half decent level could tell you that.

I totally agree with Nibor and I have made the same point as him before. McIndoe spends so much time in the centre of the pitch doing the job that GJ has presumably asked him to whenever the other mob have the ball that by the time he gets possession and is required to try and take his full back on he is totally knackered. Another point worth mentioning as well is that you sometimes see one of our wingers get to the bye-line and as they quickly look up prior to crossing they realise that the nearest City player is about thirty yards behind them. Fancy holding onto the ball and checking back in that situation!!!

Contrary to popular opinion on here I think that McIndoe is the best team player and hardest worker in the City side.

Its funny because i am amazed at some of the things that you have just said as well!!

I will have to correct you i am afraid. I don't think McIndoe is playing too much in the center of the pitch which is why when Nibor said that right back at the start of the thread i asked apart from when we played 3 at the back when has McIndoe actually played in the center! Yes i think he cuts inside too much and stops when he could try and run at the full back more!

Those are your words not mine! I don't think he is sticking his middle finger up.....i just think he cuts inside too much!

I agree,but again i don't think his orders are to play more central so he isnt disobeying any IMO!

Yet again i didnt say he was arrogant.......Nibor did

Jesus have i said i want it all ways....huh....have i???????????? Is expecting McIndoe too run at a full back wanting it all ways is it???? because i am not prepared too accept yours and Nibors theory that he is being instructed too play more central too cover our "weak" center midfield pairing and do all their "water carrying" i am just wanting it all ways!

He has scored 6 goals which i admit is ok.....not great but ok. But again like i said to nibor and now you that statistic alone doesnt tell the whole story. IMO he has had as much of the ball as any player this season and time and time again has ended up doing nothing. I could accept him losing possesion if he even tried to run at the full back more often......but for me he has been going through the motions and has spurrned far more opportunities to create something than he has taken

Ah right the belittling tactics, because you presume you are a better footballer than me you think that makes you more knowledgable......well don't presume too what level i have played football mate..........if you want proof that i can play ask any of the forum team if i can or not......not that i need to have played to a high standard to have an opinion on here! Is that you trump card is it.....is that what you throw at anyone who doesnt agree with you......i take it from that pathetic comment you have played to a high level....whoopee for you.......doesnt mean you know s**t......and it certainly doesnt mean you know more than someone who may not have played to the same standard! (as you can probably tell that comment pissed me off)

So if McIndoe is spending so much time in the middle doing all their work then that means that our opponents right midfielder must be having a field day being unmarked all the time yes........been murdered down the right all season havent we.....everybody i have spoken to has commented how we keep getting done down the right because McIndoe is covering the weak LJ and Elliott in the center!

And the final McIndoe excuse is that he doesnt have anyone to cross too........yet all season everyone has been saying how Maynard has struggled because he hasnt been getting the service.......nothing to feed on for a player like him.......no crosses coming in.......and all this time it was his fault for not working hard enough to get in the box..........Maynard not working hard enough.............unbelievable!!!!!!!!!

If its such a popular opinion then how come you are so amazed at some of the things i have said......oh yeah.....its because i didnt say them.....you just put words in my mouth!!!!

"No, thats Sproule by a country mile...."

I'm sorry but I agree with Donkeeebles. I think Ivan has improved a lot this season, within the context of being a waste of space last season.

I am not a fan of McIndoe's. I've given up wondering when he's actually going to beat a defender for pace. He for ever receives the ball, advances a few paces at moderate speed, has to stop because he can't get past his man and passes the ball sideways or backwards. He's all left foot, goes missing for a while and then reappears in weird positions. He's selfish in the area and is too ready to blame team mates when things go wrong. He's disloyal (as per his being sidelined earlier in the season) and if he were good enough, would simply like to be a journeyman to fund his Bentley lifestyle. So there.....

Archived