IGNORED

Tony Adams At The Gate

bobobalde

Guest churchill gaffer
Big TA at the gate today? who is he scouting for? prob looking at Marv

Once again we will sell our best players! (Elliott)

Then we will buy defenders or strickers, and we will go through the next season wanting a decent midfielder.

To be honest we all have to except we are always going to be a selling club trying to servive.

Then we will buy defenders or strickers, and we will go through the next season wanting a decent midfielder.

To be honest we all have to except we are always going to be a selling club trying to servive.

Arnt all clubs bar Man U Chelsea Liverpool Arsenal and at a stretch Villa?

That is how football is I'm afraid, unless you want to jump on the bandwagon and support one of the top four clubs then that is how football is!

Out of interest, when was the last time we sold our best player? To my mind it was when we got rid of Lita, therefore it seems a bit strange to moan about the management 'again' selling our best players when it hasn't happened since Brian Tinnion was manager.

Out of interest, when was the last time we sold our best player? To my mind it was when we got rid of Lita, therefore it seems a bit strange to moan about the management 'again' selling our best players when it hasn't happened since Brian Tinnion was manager.

Cotterill perhaps springs to mind, but yes other than that we haven't tended to sell our prize assets since Lita.

So youd rather we held him and his career back?

He isnt going to be playing Premier league football with us next year so if he fancies it then don't think anyone should step in his way, Bristol Citys job then is to get the best price for him which I'm sure they will.

Players come and players go so its something to get used to, our aim is to get in the Premier League ourselves so players don't want/need to leave.

Big TA at the gate today? who is he scouting for? prob looking at Marv

perhapaps he thought he'd find out what its like at a proper football club instead of the gunners, the chairboys or pompey, who are you, who are you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I won this forums prediction league so my prize was to be invited into the boardroom for food and drinks, and to watch the game from up there. At half time everyone went down for a cup of tea/coffee and he was in the queue in front of me.

:)

hope you enjoyed the experience dolls

I won this forums prediction league so my prize was to be invited into the boardroom for food and drinks, and to watch the game from up there. At half time everyone went down for a cup of tea/coffee and he was in the queue in front of me.

Yeah, I knew why you were there, just wondered if you had a good time up in the boardroom with directors and things,

I take it you did ?

Yeah, I knew why you were there, just wondered if you had a good time up in the boardroom with directors and things,

I take it you did ?

Ah ok, I misread your sentence. :blush:

Yeah had a really good time thanks, very different from my usual matchday routine, but was still fun. Will do a proper write up when my brain is less fogged from alcohol.

Did you manage to eavesdrop any important conversations. One heck of a chance to get some inside info me thinks :)

We stayed behind after the game to get players autographs and speak to the players. It looks like from what I have heard that Elliott will be at Portsmouth next sesaon. :disapointed2se:

I wonder how it is that since last summer Portsmouth have had 3 different managers, and yet all three of them have been the only ones in the Premier League interested in signing Marvin? Remarkable.

Hope not!

As a coach I think Adams wouldnt be too bad - I'm sure he could be great for our defenders.

My only worry would be if Johnson was to ever leave for whatever reason then Adams would presumably be the obvious choice to take over.

Then again, this could all be jumping to conclusions!

Archived