IGNORED

Simon Cox

Tom Fleuriot

Never seen him play, but watched this interview with him on the BBC;

BBC Simon Cox Interview

"When you get to the Prem you get the flashy motors and the big houses."

Not sure he'd get through the GJ vetting process on the back of that statement, but am wondering if anyone knows just how good he is? Great goalscoring record for us to screw up.

i havent seen much of him either?

anyone seen him play much?

Apparently bigger clubs are after him but with us needing a striker, his goal record (albeit in lower leagues) and the proximity of the clubs you would imagine hes def on GJ's radar.

I can see on wikipedia he is only 5ft 10 so maybe not a conventional target man striker. Anyone know his main attributes, pace, strength, skill etc

if he is a nippy finisher rather than a target man, then it seams to me that we already have Maynard, and need to be looking elsewhere to replace Dele, Blackstock would be ideal, and if Elliott goes, we should be looking in that direction for reinforcement up front.

Si.

Lots of strikers have good seasons in the lower divisions but then struggle higher up. Eastwood and Sharpe are two that spring to mind. Cox so far is a one season wonder and its a question of whether a club from the CCC let alone the PL would be prepared to take a chance on him. If he can do it again for Swindon next season that might convince a bigger to sign him.

Lots of strikers have good seasons in the lower divisions but then struggle higher up. Eastwood and Sharpe are two that spring to mind. Cox so far is a one season wonder and its a question of whether a club from the CCC let alone the PL would be prepared to take a chance on him. If he can do it again for Swindon next season that might convince a bigger to sign him.

I've heard from a Swindon fan he's off to West Brom in the summer.

Thats quite an assumption. Probably based on the fact that Tony Mowbrey was in the crowd recently at Swindon.

West Brom, Villa and I think Middlesborough or Stoke have been watching him plus a CCC team (not us) - FACT.

Source is someone I know who is on the 'backroom staff' for Swindon.

Truth is I don't think we'll go for him anyway.

West Brom, Villa and I think Middlesborough or Stoke have been watching him plus a CCC team (not us) - FACT.

Source is someone I know who is on the 'backroom staff' for Swindon.

Truth is I don't think we'll go for him anyway.

It's been reported in the press several times too. Given the proximity, we should also be chasing him, but I don't know if we are.

Archived