IGNORED

4 Bids Out There

internetjef

Well Lee Peltier from Yeovil I would have thought is one of them.

As for others, I havent got a clue! I will expect NONE of them will be from a Premier League club though as their season is still going so they are all going to be Championship, League One, Two or maybe abroad?

Was thinking this earlier. 4 bids out there and no names, perhaps they are taking extra care to keep it all under wraps this close season. Ah well i'm sure we will know something soon if anything happens.

One rumor that I have heard is that we could be signing Sol Campbell who is set to leave Portsmouth at the end of the season.

Not sure if this is realistic or not because I'm sure his wages would still be very high but could be a useful signing - if we were to get him.

The other thing that Ive been told is that Tony Adams could be joining us in a coaching capacity.

One rumor that I have heard is that we could be signing Sol Campbell who is set to leave Portsmouth at the end of the season.

Not sure if this is realistic or not because I'm sure his wages would still be very high but could be a useful signing - if we were to get him.

The other thing that Ive been told is that Tony Adams could be joining us in a coaching capacity.

Where on earth did you hear this? Not meant aggresivly.

Sol i think is well past it so no need to follow that up.

Tony Adams though, as a number 2 i would appreciate. He obviously had respect for GJ when we played portsmouth and possibly got his badges when GJ was getting his. In the cup game he name dropped GJ and said of proffesional respect and maybe lives in the area still so not too unbelievable a prospect. Could attract some big names.

Tony Adams though, as a number 2 i would appreciate. He obviously had respect for GJ when we played portsmouth and possibly got his badges when GJ was getting his. In the cup game he name dropped GJ and said of proffesional respect and maybe lives in the area still so not too unbelievable a prospect. Could attract some big names.

Realistically like a David Nugent or Glen Little.

I actually heard it from a Portsmouth fan who said that he thought Sol was coming to us for some reason. I didnt ask where he had heard it though.

As for Adams, I doubt he would be here as a number two - Keith Millen is going nowhere. The Adams rumor actually came from this forum, I cant remember where I have seen it but I remember it from a thread on here from a couple of weeks back. I would think if he was to come here it would just be on a short term contract to do a bit of coaching with the defence while he is in the hunt for another job somewhere - or maybe he has realised that management isnt for him and wants to stick to behind the scenes stuff.

Don,t worry mate they are all on E bay. He,s after some new decking for his garden. No sorry mate not heard a thing but surely it has to be one of the championship relegated clubs, scotland or Johnny foriegner.

Scotland would be a top buy, maybe a swap deal. Can's see the Jacks playing ball though and could use up the whole budget in one go. :mf_sleep:

Guest MaloneFM

Rickie Lumpit? Disley?

Trollop the talking mule is having a fire sale and we always need terrace sweepers after every game.

Peltier is more than likely one of them, other rumours are of Lumpit and Cox.. Someone also mentioned over on Ziderheads that we may have put a cheeky bid in for Surman...

Out of those I think:

Peltier - one for the future but has prem experience, may be very useful.

Lambert - No thanks.

Cox - Not sure, could be worth a shot..

Surman - YES PLEASE!

I suppose we will have to wait until August though before anyone signs.... :tumbleweed:

Peltier is more than likely one of them, other rumours are of Lumpit and Cox.. Someone also mentioned over on Ziderheads that we may have put a cheeky bid in for Surman...

Out of those I think:

Peltier - one for the future but has prem experience, may be very useful.

Lambert - No thanks.

Cox - Not sure, could be worth a shot..

Surman - YES PLEASE!

I suppose we will have to wait until August though before anyone signs.... :tumbleweed:

Was the Surman rumour simply just forum talk? Or did the poster have a 'reliable source'?

stern john loan deal for second half of season (we paying 13 000 pounds a month) half his wages . was to have first options on southampton players if relegated.

Was the Surman rumour simply just forum talk? Or did the poster have a 'reliable source'?

Just said what he had heard, no source mentioned (could even be a wind up), but it could tie up a bit with what barracuda red had said... Would be a great signing, but I would imagine there are bigger clubs after him...

The transfer window re-opens 1st of July I believe.

Peltier could be a decent one for the future.

I wouldn't mind Sol Campbell, personally I think he's good enough for the prem, can't see it happening though.

Any of that long list would be good aswell.

Is there any suprise that he used to play for Yeovil?

I have no problem with signing ex Yeovil players mind as most of them have been awsome for us

Maybe SL should just buy the club through his second aunt and that way GJ gets a job lot.. much cheaper. :noexpression:

Darren Purse, released by Cardiff, in talks with other clubs ??

http://news.BBC.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/8042634.stm

Wages would be way too high and do we really want that type of player here?.. although we are near cardiff so doesn't haven't to move too far but I doubt it.

p.s insanely early to start guessing rumors already surely :rolleyes:

and yet as soon as the window opens my eyes will be glued even though I know that we don't sign until near the end...

Archived