IGNORED

Steve Coppell Resigns

chowie

I see his contract was out in the summer too, I believe this now makes GJ the 9th longest serving manager in the Football League, with less than 4 seasons, will be interesting to see what happens at Reading now....

Wait for it....... Johnson to Reading! :whistle2:

Just watched his post match interview on BBC Sport. He takes full blame for not getting promoted. Says that Reading had enough quality and fire power to go up automatically and that 1 point from three home games in Feb cost them. He couldn't understand why their home form dipped and therefore wasn't able to do anything about it.

Coppell has a history of walking away from jobs and has taken some stick over the years because of it but on this occasion deserves respect for holding his hands up and taking full responsibility.

bit of shame, football needs more people like Coppell.

Out of curiousity, who are the 8 longer serving managers? Ferguson and Wenger I can work out, but who are the other 6?

John Coleman ( ac. Stanley :noexpression: )

David Moyes - Everton

Steve Tilson - Southend

John Still ( dagenham )

Rafael Benitez - Liverpool

Dave Jones - bardiff

I am sure that GJ will be in the frame but i think Hoddle or Kinnear will get the job.

Are you mad?

Hoddle has been out of work for far too many years

Kinnear just a liability - he could die of a heart attack at any time and look what he did at Newcastle

Are you mad?

Hoddle has been out of work for far too many years

Kinnear just a liability - he could die of a heart attack at any time and look what he did at Newcastle

He did an excellent job at newcastle, steadied the ship - and they weny downhill once he got ill.

my brother wanted reading to go up as he thought they were stronger than any of the teams in the playoffs

but i said that they will loose half there team this summer and wont be able to replace them with like for like players so wont be anywhere near as strong this season looks like it has already started with coppell i wonder who will be next

Archived