IGNORED

Match Day Atmosphere Around The Ground

thatcham red

Vocal positive support and fun returned to Ashton Gate in good measure last season, helped largely by the East End lot, but also because others around the ground were willing to join in.

Whilst appreciating that not everyone goes to a football match to sing, bounce, wave flags, hold up red cards or foam hands, there are some in all stands that would like to be more involved in generating an atmosphere, which is unique to Bristol City Football Club. Gary and the players have always said what a big difference this can make.

Arguably, some of the best things that come from crowds at football matches are spontaneous, however, some need a bit of thought and organisation, and above all, effort.

If you are one of those people, then I would encourage you to come along to Bar BS3 on Thursday 4 June at 7.30pm and kick some ideas around. Some of the Eastenders will be there along with the Trust and hopefully other supporter groups as well. It would be good to get a good representation of fans from all areas of the ground if possible.

I'm one of those people who like a bit of atmosphere at the ground. Having said that, I prefer the "tense" atmospheres to the foam hands, disneyfied stuff. But each to their own.

I think the key here is that it should be unique to Ashton Gate. I propose the following:

Some of the old-timers in the Williams should spontaneously stand up and start moaning.

"Lee Johnson, what a w...;I've been down here 40 years and never seen anything like it; Grrrr; £25 for this rubbish...;Grumble"

And then, en masse, the Williams should turn right and say

"EastEnd: Grumble around"

To which the EastEnd can moan about the stewards, Basso's odd habits and lack of noise from other parts of the ground.

Then "Dolman: Grumble around"

"Flipping sun always in me eyes; look at the early leavers geting in my way; bit steep these steps..."

Then "Atyeo: Grumble around"

Well, we don't have anything to moan about but you get my point.

I think this would look and sound fantastic on Sky and would be unique to Ashton Gate.

"Ashton Gate: Grumble around". :D

I'm one of those people who like a bit of atmosphere at the ground. Having said that, I prefer the "tense" atmospheres to the foam hands, disneyfied stuff. But each to their own.

I think the key here is that it should be unique to Ashton Gate. I propose the following:

Some of the old-timers in the Williams should spontaneously stand up and start moaning.

"Lee Johnson, what a w...;I've been down here 40 years and never seen anything like it; Grrrr; £25 for this rubbish...;Grumble"

And then, en masse, the Williams should turn right and say

"EastEnd: Grumble around"

To which the EastEnd can moan about the stewards, Basso's odd habits and lack of noise from other parts of the ground.

Then "Dolman: Grumble around"

"Flipping sun always in me eyes; look at the early leavers geting in my way; bit steep these steps..."

Then "Atyeo: Grumble around"

Well, we don't have anything to moan about but you get my point.

I think this would look and sound fantastic on Sky and would be unique to Ashton Gate.

"Ashton Gate: Grumble around". :D

Very good :rolleyes:

It has all the halmarks of good participation, it just lacks that one vital element of being "positive" :bounce:

Very good :rolleyes:

It has all the halmarks of good participation, it just lacks that one vital element of being "positive" :bounce:

Drat. I knew there was something missing.

Perhaps we stick with my suggestion but instead of "Ashton Gate: Grumble around" we finish with "Ashton Gate: Blowout" where everyone gets to blow one of those party blowout thingummies. If these have been strategically placed it might even be possible to spell out BCFC in the stands.

Why don't the club place a few microphones near the louder sections of the Ashton Gate faithful, linked to the sound system to increase the noise levels around the ground. Doesn't have to been a particularly high level of volume, but just high enough to make the whole ground seem like is rocking a bit more.....you know a bit like backing singers!

• Admin
Why don't the club place a few microphones near the louder sections of the Ashton Gate faithful, linked to the sound system to increase the noise levels around the ground. Doesn't have to been a particularly high level of volume, but just high enough to make the whole ground seem like is rocking a bit more.....you know a bit like backing singers!

There was a suggestion on radio 5 the other day, that Stoke do exactly that, hence why it seems so loud in the Britannia.

And I'm working so can't get there on 4th, but please, please, please, no foam hands or f*****g jesters hats!!!

There was a suggestion on radio 5 the other day, that Stoke do exactly that, hence why it seems so loud in the Britannia.

And I'm working so can't get there on 4th, but please, please, please, no foam hands or ######g jesters hats!!!

See nothing wrong with foam hands/jester hats myself; each to his/her own;

I mean if we can do santa masks, marigolds, ballons. till rolls etc; why not?

Cant remember what the last foam hands were for, although I have a couple (bought for the kids mind :whistle2: ) anyways any special days "profits" could be linked to buying large flags or Atyeo Statue donations as the bounce around t shirts were.

Archived