IGNORED

Gj To Celtic

cheese

...er..Coyle to Celtic, GJ to Burnley then......

What rubbish. The only time GJ is ever linked with Premier League vacancies is by bored people on here. In the real world, GJ never gets mentioned in connection with these vacancies.

The truth is that every manager has a "moment" when they are flavour of the month and can do no wrong - GJ's moment ended with defeat at Wembley, and now he's just another mid-table Championship manager with no hope whatsoever of getting a top (ie, Premier League or comparable foreign equivalent) job.

What rubbish. The only time GJ is ever linked with Premier League vacancies is by bored people on here. In the real world, GJ never gets mentioned in connection with these vacancies.

That is true. This seems to be the only place we hear him linked with other jobs while he has been with us.

Having said that he is certainly better than of the managers there have been in the PL this season: Ince, Adams, Shearer and perhaps he could have made a better go of the Sunderland job than Keane or Sbragia.

That is true. This seems to be the only place we hear him linked with other jobs while he has been with us.

Having said thathe is certainly better than of the managers there have been in the PL this season: Ince, Adams, Shearer to name but a few.

I agree with you re Adams and Shearer, but I felt that Ince had a raw deal at Blackburn after doing well at Macclesfield and MK.

I agree with you re Adams and Shearer, but I felt that Ince had a raw deal at Blackburn after doing well at Macclesfield and MK.

Ince got up to the PL too quickly. The thing that bugged me about the whole sacking was how he played the race card. Blackburn were struggling because he so say lost the dressing room, not due to the colour of his skin.

On saying that I'd love to Ince do well somewhere else, got the right kind of passion for the game - and gasp, shock, horror - he's English. Which probably means he won't get to manage a top side again.

Moving even further away from the subject, see Moyes won the LMA award last night for a record third time. I know it was a long time ago he was here, and he wasn't here that long but I do still get a warm, fuzzy feeling about the fella. Well done Moyesy!

Having said that he is certainly better than of the managers there have been in the PL this season: Ince, Adams, Shearer and perhaps he could have made a better go of the Sunderland job than Keane or Sbragia.

I'm not certain we can be certain of that certainty - different league, no track record etc etc etc

Moving even further away from the subject, see Moyes won the LMA award last night for a record third time. I know it was a long time ago he was here, and he wasn't here that long but I do still get a warm, fuzzy feeling about the fella. Well done Moyesy!

That surprises me a bit. Done a great job at Everton yes, but Hodgson, 17th last year to UEFA Europa League qualifiers this year without spending a great deal at all strikes me as a more deserving choice.

Anyone from Bristol, in my opinion, really has no leg to stand on when it comes to comparing their city to Glasgow.

Yes, the SPL is predictable. Of course it is. The largest city with the two biggest clubs will always do well. I do, however, believe you should check out your own ' premier' league. Not only is it just as predictable but non of England's top four clubs have an English manager and I'd be surprised if you could actually form a team of Englishmen collectively.

On the subject of it being a mathematical fact that a Scottish team will eventually make it to a European final, are you pretending to be stupid or are you really a blethering idiot. Dutch clubs, invariably the same two or three, qualify for Europe every season. Don't remember them doing quite so well.

I'm assuming you've not been to Glasgow for a number of years if you still have the view it's a terrible, terrible place. I suggest you book an easyjet flight today. You'd be surprised.

Now, to the subject at hand, GJ is a good Championship manager. Final. Celtic are a world famous club with a rich history. Yes they've appointed some less that suitable gaffers but I'd suggest ' Our Gary ' really isn't up to the task of managing in the 'goldfish bowl' that is Glasgow. He can't even handle Marcus Stewart for god sake. How would be cope with players with oddles of money and attitude.

I read on here that Ally McCoist has a better chance of being Celtic's new manager. I'd suggest that the Pope has a better chance of filling the vacancy at Rangers that such an appointment would leave than GJ even being considered by the Celtic board.

You should know I don't support Celtic. I just find the notion of GJ's name being talked about regarding the Celtic job absurd.

Yes ive been to Glasgow recently infact 4 times last year, shal be going again this Aug. Ok parts of Glasgow look like a hell holes, most Cities have those areas. Central Glasgow is quite decent and has improved over the years but to compare Glasgow with Bristol and then slag off Bristol is rediculous. Bristol by a country mile is a lot nicer

That surprises me a bit. Done a great job at Everton yes, but Hodgson, 17th last year to UEFA Europa League qualifiers this year without spending a great deal at all strikes me as a more deserving choice.

Agreed, Hodgson has done a cracking job there. I was one of the many who thought Fulham had lost it when they appointed him, but to turn around Fulham like that is unbelievable.

The truth is that every manager has a "moment" when they are flavour of the month and can do no wrong - GJ's moment ended with defeat at Wembley, and now he's just another mid-table Championship manager with no hope whatsoever of getting a top (ie, Premier League or comparable foreign equivalent) job.

Take a chill pill man.

Archived