IGNORED

No Point Us Turning Up Next Season

cidercity

Just thought i would take a look at a the Newcastle Forum. Theyv'e won the CCC already according to 90% of them.

Some comments:

"Everybody knows we are the most loyal and best fans in the country"

"We are still a world renowned club"

"If your not in the premiere league your a nobody"

"I'm looking forward to singing we are top of the league all season"

"Can't wait to make all the away games home matches when we take over their grounds"

"Makes me sick that we are going to have to go to teams like Plymouth, Bristol City, Cardiff and Swansea"

The most common remark is "when we come straight back up".

I could fill this page with comments like the ones above from ththeir forum.

They really are in love with themselves.

Just thought i would take a look at a the Newcastle Forum. Theyv'e won the CCC already according to 90% of them.

"Makes me sick that we are going to have to go to teams like Plymouth, Bristol City, Cardiff and Swansea"

I think its quite ironic that for most of them it is actually easier for them to get to Bristol City from Newcastle (thanks to Easyjet) than it will be to travel to....

Reading

Sheffield Utd & Wednesday

Swansea

Ipswich

Watford

Doncaster

Blackpool

Barnsley

Plymouth

Leicester

Peterborough

West Brom

On the plane up in the North East, a short trip on the plane to Bristol Airport and the about 20 mins in a taxi/coach/gold plated Newcastle fan exclusive Bentley etc to get to Ashton Gate!

Re: What are you looking forward to next season ?

plymouth,bristol city, cardiff,swansea, home games and yes blackpool rock

http://www.nufc-forum.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=25789.0

I think this was said with tongue in cheek, as on another thread the same poster says "thinking of these games were making him sick".

This is the most realistic reply from one of their fans..... at least this guy (or girl!) is seeing things in the real world.....

To be honest the club is where we deserve to be, some of the things to look forward to next season, a pint in the Yorkshireman in Barnsley (Best strippers in Yorkshire last time I was there), Staying over in Doncaster (Honest its a cracking night out, loads of fanny), a weekend in Blackpool with 10000 mags, there wont be a lampshade safe, saying hello to the cows at Ipswich, the pies at Scunny and taking a look at real football with supporters who go because they love the clubs they support, not because its trendy and they can discuss it with some other ######### over the watercooler. I think we probably need this to sort out the club, only time will tell but take it from me, this time next year if we are top of the league you wont be able to get in a pub in toon. Keep the faith, Toon forever

Some comments:

"Can't wait to make all the away games home matches when we take over their grounds"

Not suprised at all. hope robbie turner reads this - this is the sort of attitude I was talking about - and this attitude has led to them getting relegated.

The point they are missing is that these teams like plymuff us and the taffs will treat this like a cup final - a big game and be right for it.

I don't think they'll walk the league. If they keep shearer thay might, cos he does not seem to under-estimate the championship - but if there fans views are shared throughout the club, there in for a shock.

How very delusional of them.

On top of the many departures and every other club treating it as their 'cup final', I fail to believe that the 'superstars' which do not jump ship are going to be able to motivate themselves significantly for long trips to 'undesirable' places on cold Tuesday nights.

As I have said on many different threads, they'll do well to finish top half.

I think this was said with tongue in cheek, as on another thread the same poster says "thinking of these games were making him sick".

Well its a long way to go for them

There was a thread on this forum the other day with loads of people saying they don't want to go to watch us play S****horpe on a Tuesday night

It's the same for Newcastle fans when they look at the Southwest clubs

I wouldn't take it personally

Been reading some more:

Seems their the Man U of the football leagues now and their going to rob all the championship teams of their best players, were the monies coming from i don t know.

They are deluded though, some of them want Ricky Run Fat Boy Run Lambert from the Gash.

When will they realise that they are and have been rubbish for years? They are very dim and so easliy excited by one rediculous managerial appoinment after an other. Keegan the saviour? That worked didnt it.....shearer the saviour? that worked didnt it.....it never ceases to amaze me how much they 'think' they deserve because they think they are well supported. Keegan was a bottler the first time around, yet they went crazy happy about him coming back, and probably talked about winning the league(premier league) with him next year, then when shearer was appointed, the man who had never managed a football club in is life was going to be the answer to years of mis-management. They truely never believed that they, the mighty newcastle, could go down and it has contributed to their downfall and will also hinder them next season. What that useless club needed, was a MASSIVE overhaul, similar in some ways to what GJ has done at City, the club needed a hand grenade, the players needed the riot act. They had the man to do that.SAM ALARDYCE. But NU fans being the mis-guided fools that they are, decided that they should be winning matches imediately and they never gave big sam the time he needed to det rid of the rot that had set in. I wont forget the images of their impatient delusional 'fans' going mental at alardyce during his time there, believing that they had a devine right to be amongst the top teams (even though years of poor performance suggested otherwise) and they drove him out before he could rebuild. They deserve EVERYTHING they have got IMO, and I for one am glad they have come down and will enjoy them next season being shocked at not winning the Championship, their over exagerated opinion of their club is hilarious.

This is all very reminiscent of Leeds, and look what's happened to them since.

To be fair, a lot of them who've been interviewed in the last day or so have been pretty realistic about it, they're here because they deserve to be, and don't think it will be a cakewalk getting back up. Of the 3 sides who've come down, they will need the most work doing, something which Shearer has already acknowledged.

Guest DanC

The Championship now I Believe is almost as good as the Premier League. I can tell you now Man Utd will most likely win the league next season with Chelsea , Liverpool and Arsenal making up the top four with maybe Man City challenging depending who they bring in. Everton, Villa, West Ham and Spurs will battle for a European place even though they will never win the competition. The rest of teh clubs will be left to battle it out for mid table and survival. The two cup finals will have at least 1 of the so called big 4 in it.

However with the Championship I can't even predict who will go down let alone who will go up. The final day of the Championship was also much more exciting than what the last day of teh Premier League season was. When Villa got there goal it was clear that was how the table would stand at teh end of teh match, No twists and turns as predicted by Shearer. In the Championship most teams are evenly matched and can beat each other. The bar for next season has been raised even more with some quality clubs coming up and down. On reflection I am now not so disappointed that we failed to make teh play offs as being a Championship side isn't all that bad.

Newcastle will follow the same route as leeds and southampton.. Mark my words. The ccc is tougher than they think... They may be a big club but its going to be a few more years yet before they have any success me thinks. Just remember. Every club has its day... Newcastle are rotting from the outside in and i think worse is still to come

This is too funny. Newcastle fans haven't learnt a bloody thing, have they?

The Championship has nowhere for teams to hide. If you look at both Champ and Premm teams (discounting the Prem top 4,) there is not a lot in it anymore.

Hull, Sjoke, Burnley, Wigan, Wolves, Blackburn..Sodding BOLTON!? Ohhhh I'm scared.

The Championship boasts a much better class of Teams imo.

Noocastle are in for a massive shock next season, they're overblown ego's will again be their downfall.

Never mind, I look forward to seeing the go the same way as Charlton and Leeds, big time Charlie teams who thought turning up will be enough, enjoy the next season playing Rushden & Diamonds.

I think its quite ironic that for most of them it is actually easier for them to get to Bristol City from Newcastle (thanks to Easyjet) than it will be to travel to....

Reading

Sheffield Utd & Wednesday

Swansea

Ipswich

Watford

Doncaster

Blackpool

Barnsley

Plymouth

Leicester

Peterborough

West Brom

On the plane up in the North East, a short trip on the plane to Bristol Airport and the about 20 mins in a taxi/coach/gold plated Newcastle fan exclusive Bentley etc to get to Ashton Gate!

Coincidentally your list contains half a dozen clubs whose fans no doubt thought they would go straight back up when they were relegated from the Prem.

Newcastle will follow the same route as leeds and southampton.. Mark my words. The ccc is tougher than they think... They may be a big club but its going to be a few more years yet before they have any success me thinks. Just remember. Every club has its day... Newcastle are rotting from the outside in and i think worse is still to come

Reported in the Guardian today that their income will fall by £50m, they have 15 players on more than £50k a week (5th highest wage bill in the Prem) but that Shearer is demanding £30m to spend and that Bassong and Beye should be kept. Doesn't look like arithmetic is his strong point. :noexpression:

Reported in the Guardian today that their income will fall by £50m, they have 15 players on more than £50k a week (5th highest wage bill in the Prem) but that Shearer is demanding £30m to spend and that Bassong and Beye should be kept. Doesn't look like arithmetic is his strong point. :noexpression:

I would love it, absolutely LOVE IT if they went down next year too.

Guest RobbieTurner
Not suprised at all. hope robbie turner reads this - this is the sort of attitude I was talking about - and this attitude has led to them getting relegated.

The point they are missing is that these teams like plymuff us and the taffs will treat this like a cup final - a big game and be right for it.

I don't think they'll walk the league. If they keep shearer thay might, cos he does not seem to under-estimate the championship - but if there fans views are shared throughout the club, there in for a shock.

:clapping: Fair Play RIAZ....yes I am reading it....!!

Let me assure you, every club has the gobby ones that mouth it off....they are in shock, hurting and are talking with hearts and not heads. I for one don't think it will be easy for them next year. Not at all. I've seen our league over the last 2 years and can see just how easy it is for anyone to beat anyone.

15 players on over 50k a week!?

Good grief, that's a fair price for failure!

Who on earth will they be;

Owen,

Martins,

Viduka,

Alan Smith,

Duff,

Steven Taylor,

Really struggling now . . . . . .

Nicky Butt perhaps?

Jose Enrique?

EDIT - Kevin Nolan and Joey Barton can be added id guess.

Some comments:

Comments like that are why most people enjoyed seeing them relegated. They're legends in thier own minds. Quite amusing really.

Guest RobbieTurner

Owen,

Martins,

Viduka,

Alan Smith,

Duff,

Steven Taylor,

Nicky Butt perhaps?

Jose Enrique?

Owen, Martins, Viduka, Butt, Nolan, Barton, Smith, Enrique, Geremi, Cacapa, Collocini, Duff, Gutierrez, Taylor, Habib Beye

at a guess that is....

Comments like that are why most people enjoyed seeing them relegated. They're legends in thier own minds. Quite amusing really.

I think there's a bit of exaggeration on here about what the Newcastle fans are saying

If you read their message board today there's quite a few people on there saying the Championship will be tough and it might take them a couple of seasons to get out of it. Who would disagree with that?

I reckon many of the Newcastle fans are being quite level headed about the whole matter - it seems to be fans of other clubs who are being the sensational ones

http://www.nufc-forum.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=25835.0

Owen,

Martins,

Viduka,

Alan Smith,

Duff,

Steven Taylor,

Nicky Butt perhaps?

Jose Enrique?

No list given but Coloccini is mentioned (!). Owen is said to be on £115k and Viduka on £65k. Bassong however is only on £5k it claims and Shearer rates him (cue some fantasist on here suggesting we bid for him :innocent06: ).

Trouble with Newcastle is that the fans expectation is massive, every season they want a top four finish, europe and fa cup, true they are a huge club fan and stadium wise, but they have been run very poorly for years, i read today in the sunsport that last seaon their squad cost them 72 million in wages and transfers, very expensive way to get relegated me thinks. As regards next season their fans expectations will be even higher as to them a top two finnish in the lowly ccc will be seen as easy, my god their in for a shoch ask Leeds Southampton Charlton and Norwich

Guest RobbieTurner
Trouble with Newcastle is that the fans expectation is massive, every season they want a top four finish, europe and fa cup, true they are a huge club fan and stadium wise, but they have been run very poorly for years, i read today in the sunsport that last seaon their squad cost them 72 million in wages and transfers, very expensive way to get relegated me thinks. As regards next season their fans expectations will be even higher as to them a top two finnish in the lowly ccc will be seen as easy, my god their in for a shoch ask Leeds Southampton Charlton and Norwich

Trouble is people like Duff and Habib Beye have come out and said they want to stay - on over £50,000 a week I'D want to stay wouldn't you ?

They wont get £50,000 a week at any other Prem club and certainly not in the CCC. Its said that Shearer has to cut £30Mill off the wage bill - I could do that in 5 mins flat...with those out of contract and those that are any good to sell - Bassong, Taylor, Enrique , Collocini (back to Spain where you came from please) , Martins - all saleable assets, whilst their value will have plummeted. Bassong by the way was interesting Arsenal....so as mentioned above , please don't anyone suggest a cheeky bid... :noexpression:

Am i right in thinking their top earners get nearly 100k?

People like Owen and Martins are probably on more a week than the whole of City's squad...

Owen in on close to 150k per week, aside from Robinho he's one of the Prem's highest paid players, yes he's on more than Ronaldo and Rooney. ROFL!

Now you wonder why Newcastle got relegated? Mike Ashley is just plain dumb.

Archived