IGNORED

No Point Us Turning Up Next Season

cidercity

Guest RobbieTurner
Owen in on close to 150k per week, aside from Robinho he's one of the Prem's highest paid players, yes he's on more than Ronaldo and Rooney. ROFL!

Now you wonder why Newcastle got relegated? Mike Ashley is just plain dumb.

£110,000 a week. Doesn't make it much better I know. Mike Ashley by the way didn't put him on that amount. It was before he joined.

Further more, I suggest a self made Billionaire can rarely be labelled as 'dumb' - if thats the case - God how I wish I was dumb..!

£110,000 a week. Doesn't make it much better I know. Mike Ashley by the way didn't put him on that amount. It was before he joined.

Further more, I suggest a self made Billionaire can rarely be labelled as 'dumb' - if thats the case - God how I wish I was dumb..!

Trust me, I know plenty of rich people who are utterly brain dead. Mike Ashley got lucky as some do. Being rich doesn't mean for one minute you are clever, even if he made a fortune. He's still a thick ####.

Guest RobbieTurner
Trust me, I know plenty of rich people who are utterly brain dead. Mike Ashley got lucky as some do. Being rich doesn't mean for one minute you are clever, even if he made a fortune. He's still a thick ####.

I don't know the guy, so can't comment as to if he is or isn't really. He's made mistakes, catastrophic ones for sure, I thought that came as a result of someone walking into a football club and thinking they could run it as they have with their own businesses though - more's the pity it doesn't work that way though.

Sorry to bring this up again, but i'm finding their arrogance addictive.

The best one yet:

"Maybe the FA will step in more when clubs are being misrun? you all have to admit that us going down is a huge step back for the premier league. There's going to be games of Burnley v Hull next season in the EPL and Newcastle v S****horpe in the CCC!"

Owen in on close to 150k per week, aside from Robinho he's one of the Prem's highest paid players, yes he's on more than Ronaldo and Rooney. ROFL!

Now you wonder why Newcastle got relegated? Mike Ashley is just plain dumb.

The rot set in for Newcastle before Mike Ashley,. Freddy Shepherd was useless as well It started when he sacked Bobby Robson and replaced him with Souness!! And signed players for managers i.e. Owen was a Shepherd signing, when Souness wanted Anelka who was top scorer in the PL this year. He also wanted a good left sided player but Shepherd signed Luque. Indeed he also signed Kluivert over Bobby Robson's head.

In fact when Ashley took over he had to pay a £100million securitisation clause because he forgot to do due dilligence. Indeed, Mike Ashley is inept but there was a huge debt there when he took over, their squad has ONE left back out of 40 players, testament to the mismanagement of Ashley and Shepherd.

I heard Sky Sports say there were 15 players on AT LEAST £50k a week and, crucially, NO RELEGATION CLAUSE.

From today's Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/ma...brian-mawhinney

The significant bit:

However, that was before Newcastle's drop to football's second tier on Sunday, which will have a more direct effect since the St James' Park club is expected to maintain a £40m wage bill. That is at least five times the size of the bulk of Championship clubs' salary costs. Queens Park Rangers, with three billionaires as major shareholders, spend £9.2m a year on wages, Bristol City less than £7m and Burnley won promotion to the Premier League on Monday with a wage bill of £8m.

I will be leading a chorus of "Alan Shearer's illegitimate..." From the Williams if anyone cares to join in

"..... He has got no birth cirtificate..." I know the song well, thanks to a sunderland supporting mate!!

What makes me "sick" is the notion that Newcastlte fans are the "most loyal" fans when in the past year they have proved to be far from that.

Alright boys.

Newcastle fan here.

I wouldn't pay the opinions of people on that forum much credence at all if I were you as they don't really represent that of the fans, neither do the morons you see parading outside the ground on sky sports news.

We have been in this division before and we know it's tough and most of us are expecting a tough season. Obviously there are some teams that are aware of what promotion takes in the division and there are teams that narrowly missed on it last year who are going to be much better prepared than we are - especially given the current ownership crisis and the lack of a manager.

Add to this we have a lot of players on big wages that we simply can't afford any more. A few big earners have already gone but there's still 3 or 4 to get rid of and of course we need to rebuild.

Promotion at any time at all depends on a lot of change and so far we haven't seen any and we don't know of we are likely to.

Preparation and prior knowledge of the division are key, if Dowie stays he is an asset but like I say we don't know what's going to happen.

If you want to talk to Newcastle fans who are a little more down to earth go to a proper forum like www.toontastic.net and you will probably be welcome but don't go on the wind up ;)

Archived