IGNORED

Sam Sodje

chowie

From what I've seen he is far better than McCombe & Iriekpen. The Leeds fans were raving about him this season, and those couple of quotes above back it up. Fitness would be an issue, as it often seems to be with these free transfers that GJ signs (Williams, anyone ?) but if we can work around that, then I'd be all for it.

From what I saw of him at Brenford though he was a very good player albeit league one. Worth mentioning Leeds fans reviews impress me aswell cos they seem to be quite a critical bunch.

Think he would be a good singing on a free will give us a bit of much needed pace at the back.

I know its been mentioned already but leeds fans really do rave about this chap :thumbsup:

Was just going to post the same having checked out their main forum - though appears from soccerbase he only played five times for them, doesn't seem long enough to make an opinion

Also one posting says:

Sam will not sign for Leeds

as told by KEN BATES.

In one of the sit down dinner/question time things that Leeds do.

His knees are FUC*ED. Been advised to RETIRE!

Great player but not going to happen

Which is bit of a worry if true and we do sign him ... someone to take Brooker's place in the treatment room?

I have to say, I'm not exactly enthused by this potential signing.

Given that we already have a plethora of centre backs (almost 1/5 of the squad) do we need yet another? Where would Wilson be in the pecking order were we to sign Sodje?

More pressing areas I think are a creative midfielder, a striker, a right winger and maybe a left back because we only have one proper left back.

These quotes about him not being good enough as he played 3 times in 3 seasons at Reading are a little unfair. For 2 of those seasons Reading were in the Prem. He's had loan spells at enough clubs in and around our level to prove that he's a more than competant CCC centre half. So what if Coppell thought he wasn't good enough for the Prem, it ain't going to make much difference to us next season, is it?!

Yet another potential signing slagged off before he's got the shirt on!

These quotes about him not being good enough as he played 3 times in 3 seasons at Reading are a little unfair. For 2 of those seasons Reading were in the Prem. He's had loan spells at enough clubs in and around our level to prove that he's a more than competant CCC centre half. So what if Coppell thought he wasn't good enough for the Prem, it ain't going to make much difference to us next season, is it?!

Yet another potential signing slagged off before he's got the shirt on!

i think he will be a good buy a good solid replacement when carey is out the team we really struggled when he was missing this season

Is this deal actually done now, or what?

Unless it's only going to be on the official website as of tomorrow or something!

...If we have got him though, how about extending our current "family" club by bringing in Efe and Akpo as well? (Plus whatever other Sodje relatives are out there!) :whistle2:

I guess he's on Holiday in France then... Leeds think they are in the driving seat for Sodje and have had no offers for Beckford

Driving seat

Bates also declared that the club could move to sign defender Sam Sodje following his loan spell at Elland Road after he was released by Reading.

The chairman added that the club still had the power to attract players without paying big wages putting them in the 'driving seat' when it comes to recruitment.

"He (Sodje) has done well for us after he joined us in January but, again he has to decide what he wants to do," Bates said.

"But the great thing about Leeds is that we don't have to beg anyone to join us or stay with us. We are in the driving seat.

"A lot of players want to come to play for Leeds and we will choose those who want to play for the cub and are prepared to accept reasonable wages but that is down to our manager."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11719_5359918,00.html

"But the great thing about Leeds is that we don't have to beg anyone to join us or stay with us. We are in the driving seat.

Nice attitude, except you're about to let the nice driver Mr. Beckford go, money issue or not. Let's see how your wagon drives with no foot on the pedal. Enjoy your next two seasons in the third division, Mr. Bates. Some Mugabe-level arrogance there.

Archived