IGNORED

City In Europe?

fulham red

I was at the Champions' League final yesterday in Rome. For a while Man Utd have been my second team, a long way behind BCFC, but I still have a soft spot for them. I can see why European football is such a big deal. Great day out in a great city, warm night, fantastic stadium, real sense of occasion, noisy passionate fans, real quality on show. Barca were very impressive - movement and use of space so creative. Just made me wish I could see City in Europe one day before I die.

been done.a few years ago in pisa.

a great time was had by all and we made more of a game of it before finally loosing 4-3.

:englandsmile4wf::city::city::city::englandsmile4wf:

I was there too! Got the poster advertising the game framed and on my wall. Hate to say it was 1992 so 17 years ago, which I guess is a few but a few too many for my liking as was no spring chicken even then!

I was there too! Got the poster advertising the game framed and on my wall. Hate to say it was 1992 so 17 years ago, which I guess is a few but a few too many for my liking as was no spring chicken even then!

Talking to myself I know but just had to go and find team photo that I knew I had from the game.

Line up was:

Keith Welch

Gerry Harrison

Matty Bryant

David Thompson (I think that's who it is?)

Martin Scott

Mickey Mellon

Gary Shelton

Rob Edwards

Jacki :wub:

Wayne Allison

Andy Cole

been done.a few years ago in pisa.

a great time was had by all and we made more of a game of it before finally loosing 4-3.

:englandsmile4wf::city::city::city::englandsmile4wf:

I was there as well!!........Anglo Italian Cup

Cracking trip and as far as i remember the away support was pretty impressive!!

Rob Edwards scored in the first couple of minutes but we lost 4-3

Vaguely remember being at a home game in that compo, think it was Cremonese? Not sure of the result, a score draw maybe? Do remember that lanky ex Millwall player we had (Dave Thompson?) getting sent off though after a bit of argy bargy with one of there players.

I was at the Champions' League final yesterday in Rome. For a while Man Utd have been my second team, a long way behind BCFC, but I still have a soft spot for them. I can see why European football is such a big deal. Great day out in a great city, warm night, fantastic stadium, real sense of occasion, noisy passionate fans, real quality on show. Barca were very impressive - movement and use of space so creative. Just made me wish I could see City in Europe one day before I die.

How old are you?

Talking to myself I know but just had to go and find team photo that I knew I had from the game.

Line up was:

Keith Welch

Gerry Harrison

Matty Bryant

Martin Scott

Mickey Mellon

Gary Shelton

Rob Edwards

Wayne Allison

Andy Cole

Shame those 5 aren't available now....I'd fancy a shot at the top 2 next season if they were!

Line up was:

Keith Welch

Gerry Harrison

Matty Bryant

Martin Scott

Mickey Mellon

Gary Shelton

Rob Edwards

Wayne Allison

Andy Cole

Hmmm, If todays team played that one I think I would pick old City to come out on top, just.

Basso just gets the nod over Welchy

Orr for me over Harrison, although I can still remember a stunning 30 yarder against Burnley??

Louis for me over Bryant

Fonts get the nod here too, great partnership with Carey.

Martin Scott as left back easily, the best I have seen down the gate.

I would take the rest from the old City, Shelton, Mellon and Rob Edwards all very good technically, Jackie the flawed genuis, and Tangle foot and Andy (I never played in Bristol) Cole up front.

I can't say Jackie would be a Johnson type player somehow. :disapointed2se:

Anyone know why they stopped the Anglo Italian Cup??

The Anglo Italian Cup was resurrected for the 92-93 season and City won 1-0 at home to Watford in front of less than 4,000. Watford would now host Luton and City would then visit Luton at the end of the month. City drew 1-1 at Luton in the Anglo Italian Cup and progressed to the next stage where they would play two Italian clubs at home and another pair away. The first three of these games were defeats and the fourth was drawn. This was at Cremenese on a wet windswept midweek afternoon. Despite a contingent going from Bristol, the attendance was a mere 535 spectators! Cremenese went on to win the competition and brought over 1,000 fans to England for the final.

Presumably lack of spectator interest. I believe the original Anglo It cup was introduced in 1969 as a sop to Swindon. They won the League Cup by beating Arsenal 3-1 (honest folks). The winners went automatically into the UEFA Cup, but as Swindon weren't in Div 1, Arsenal entered instead of them. The league & FA contacted their Italian counterparts and created the competition.

In the 91-92 season a Div 2 team played their Italian equivalent; Steve Bull of Wolves was partnered in attack with City's own Dariusz Dziekanowski.

jaki thoose were the days exciting player and marting scottt met him in clevedons only night club blitz genuinley a nice guy and i remember the shout off youl never beat matt bryant him and mark aizlewood what a defence that was think the european thing was called anglo italian cup wasnt it one off my earliest memories off city is leroy resoiner dragging some italian across the 6 yard box battering him everyone joined in apart from welch and then resoiner got sent off city in europe happy days two bob cup but still was fun

Line up was:

Keith Welch

Gerry Harrison

Matty Bryant

Martin Scott

Mickey Mellon

Gary Shelton

Rob Edwards

Wayne Allison

Andy Cole

Hmmm, If todays team played that one I think I would pick old City to come out on top, just.

Basso just gets the nod over Welchy

Orr for me over Harrison, although I can still remember a stunning 30 yarder against Burnley??

Louis for me over Bryant

Fonts get the nod here too, great partnership with Carey.

Martin Scott as left back easily, the best I have seen down the gate.

I would take the rest from the old City, Shelton, Mellon and Rob Edwards all very good technically, Jackie the flawed genuis, and Tangle foot and Andy (I never played in Bristol) Cole up front.

I can't say Jackie would be a Johnson type player somehow. :disapointed2se:

wasnt there something with jacki nobbing one off the other players girlfriends and he got beaten up in a park strett wine bar by said player and city tried to cover it up saying he fell over or something or did i dream that any one else remember anything about that incident and they always used to be in browns didnt they even in them days i remember paying 3 quid for a dummpy bottle of beer less than half a pint so no don't think they would be johnson type players

wasnt there something with jacki nobbing one off the other players girlfriends and he got beaten up in a park strett wine bar by said player and city tried to cover it up saying he fell over or something or did i dream that any one else remember anything about that incident and they always used to be in browns didnt they even in them days i remember paying 3 quid for a dummpy bottle of beer less than half a pint so no don't think they would be johnson type players

Because they pay too much for their beer?

Archived