IGNORED

Lee Croft

iWurzel

I used to think he'd be a good signing. But having looked at his stats more closely, I'm not sure he'd be the improvement on what we have that I originally thought.

His stats in terms of assists aren't particularly impressive, but he was playing for a shite team with no strikers.

He's always looked a very good player when I've seen him, certainly a hard worker too, definitely more brains and technical ability than Sproule. Norwich fan here is mainly bitter about it (good sign) and seems to think he should have signed a new contract so that they'd get a fee for him - naive if you ask me, that's like making a donation - but also says despite some cracking games he never quite reached his potential.

I would be fairly happy to see us sign him because that would mean GJ felt he could get him playing consistently to potential.

His track record is not impressive however good he looked in a brief appearance at AG. Doubtless if you saw Ivan for the right half hour in a season he might look pretty good. We know better. Interesting that Norwich fans on the 606 site recently felt he couldn't cross and couldn't shoot, though not a scientific sample of course.

I'd be amazed if LC is not someone who GJ and his team have looked at as a serious potential acquisition - if he's not wearing the red next season then either the comments about him reserving his best stuff for when he plays at AG (ala Mr Fallon), or something else (prob financial) must be getting in the way.

In the game at their place last season he was far and away their best player, and was a real threat, their only threat, whenever he had the ball. My only concern would be that, with them a goal down and chasing the game he was taken off with 20 mins to go suffering from cramp and fatigue ... not GJ's sort of fitness levels I'm sure.

one of the players i,ve followed since watching him down here for england under 17,s a few years ago. he was in the same team as rooney and routledge sorry for spelling and was man of the match twice i think. played a few times for man city then got farmed out on loan. the half hour cameo was good but can he last a season. if so we got a good un but i don,t think so.

Archived