IGNORED

Andrew Surman Fee Agreed?

Shauntaylor85

I know. That seems a pretty reliable website too. Have read their forum and Adebola is pretty much done. BBC have reported the McGoldrick bid too http://news.BBC.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...est/8077131.stm

I wouldn't hold my breath that Surman is coming to AG.

Not sure how much money Doughty has given Davies to spend but it must be a fair whack!

Are there still 9 birds to every bloke in Nottingham too, that's a very attractive option for any young, loaded footballer! Gutted, was starting to imagine Surman in a City shirt...........

Are there still 9 birds to every bloke in Nottingham too, that's a very attractive option for any young, loaded footballer! Gutted, was starting to imagine Surman in a City shirt...........

I know. I was actually starting to believe. 9 birds to every bloke eh? Surely there's no excuses for a professional footballer not to pull there... Unless your name is Robert Earnshaw! :noexpression:

Forest could potentially be rather good if all of those signings go through. All good Championship players. This annoys me, not so much because I think we should be beating them to the signings, but just because Forest might be half decent!!

Yeah, throwing money at everything that moves is the key to success. It worked for Forest before and is the secret behind Charlton's success, especially after all the goals Andy Gray scored. No wonder Burnley were such a failure.:noexpression:

Yeah, throwing money at everything that moves is the key to success. It worked for Forest before and is the secret behind Charlton's success, especially after all the goals Andy Gray scored. No wonder Burnley were such a failure.:noexpression:

I will try again.Surely at some stage to enable us to really improve the quality of the squad won't we have to take on the likes of Forrest and Derby in trying to sign certain players and throw a bit of money aroundto do so.How else do we improve and move up the league.

Surely at some stage to really improve the squad and get players of Surman's quality won't we have to compete with the likes of Forrest and Derby for these players or how do we move forward as a team.

Yes, and we may well be in for Surman. However even if we meet the finances we will be faced with the perception that other clubs are bigger. My point is however that Forest have a scatter gun approach which seems to lack a coherent plan and risks their financial security again (what happened to their £25m debt btw?). Exactly which two of the six expensive strikers they apparently will soon have will they play? Davies seems to be like a kid in a sweet shop. If you end up with Earnshaw, Tyson, Garner, McGoldrick and Blackstock why on earth would you give Adebola a 2 year contract at an alleged £15k a week? We will no doubt try to compete for key players but we will not do so willy nilly, any more than Burnley and Hull did, and will not risk our future for it.

Whoa dude! I wasn't saying we should be throwing money at everything that moves! I was just saying that if they get all of those players, and they can get them working together then they will be a decent unit! The buy everything in sight policy is a risky one for sure. It seems haphazard and smacks of not really knowing what you want. Buying players for the sake of it, or so one of your rivals can't.

I completely agree that throwing money at players and burdening ourselves with debt is the wrong way to go! I wasn't criticising what City are doing, not by a long shot, it was supposed to be a little dig at Forest! I'm in the lets be patient camp, I'm a patient kinda guy so that's hardly surprising. If it takes a while for us to be a real force and real promotion candidates then I don't mind waiting. It might never happen, who knows, but I would very much like to see it happen and if it takes a while, so be it. In today's financial climate we need to be especially prudent, and with the plans for a new stadium, but from reading various articles it seems SL has this side under control, and I am very thankful for that!

A little bit of progression year on year would be excellent to see, and would help us accomplish the above, the building slowly. I think the big signing of Maynard last summer shows we will put money towards someone if we think they are good enough, that's fine by me! I think the signing of Maynard was progression of sorts, but in other areas maybe we didn't progress as we all would like us too! But I'll wait, if it happens in ten years or next year I'll still be here!!!

Forest could potentially be rather good if all of those signings go through. All good Championship players. This annoys me, not so much because I think we should be beating them to the signings, but just because Forest might be half decent!!

I think Forest are showing a complete lack of class in their approach to transfers this year (quite befitting of people from the East Midlands I guess)....

Here's the Preston Chairman complaining about them making their bid for McKenna public.

It looks like they're announcing every bid they go in for. Wonder if it's anything to do with the fact that they only barely beat us for season ticket sales last year (which is pretty shocking for a club with a richer history than us).

Wouldn't be surprised if Adebola's happening, but McGoldrick etc will be heading elsewhere and this is all for show. Do you think Southampton or any of their players will be pleased with a story released that they're short on cash and that Forest are hoping they can take advantage of it? Pathetic behaviour.

Of course, if I'm wrong and all these signings come in then fair play to them.

Whoa dude! I wasn't saying we should be throwing money at everything that moves! I was just saying that if they get all of those players, and they can get them working together then they will be a decent unit! The buy everything in sight policy is a risky one for sure. It seems haphazard and smacks of not really knowing what you want. Buying players for the sake of it, or so one of your rivals can't.

I completely agree that throwing money at players and burdening ourselves with debt is the wrong way to go! I wasn't criticising what City are doing, not by a long shot, it was supposed to be a little dig at Forest! I'm in the lets be patient camp, I'm a patient kinda guy so that's hardly surprising. If it takes a while for us to be a real force and real promotion candidates then I don't mind waiting. It might never happen, who knows, but I would very much like to see it happen and if it takes a while, so be it. In today's financial climate we need to be especially prudent, and with the plans for a new stadium, but from reading various articles it seems SL has this side under control, and I am very thankful for that!

A little bit of progression year on year would be excellent to see, and would help us accomplish the above, the building slowly. I think the big signing of Maynard last summer shows we will put money towards someone if we think they are good enough, that's fine by me! I think the signing of Maynard was progression of sorts, but in other areas maybe we didn't progress as we all would like us too! But I'll wait, if it happens in ten years or next year I'll still be here!!!

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression. I was not saying you were. Rather that Forest were, or at least were in danger of doing so. We might well try for one or more of the same players but not recklessly. We will also not plant stories to impress people. You and I seem to be singing off the same hymn sheet in fact. :city:

I think Forest are showing a complete lack of class in their approach to transfers this year (quite befitting of people from the East Midlands I guess)....

Here's the Preston Chairman complaining about them making their bid for McKenna public.

It looks like they're announcing every bid they go in for. Wonder if it's anything to do with the fact that they only barely beat us for season ticket sales last year (which is pretty shocking for a club with a richer history than us).

Wouldn't be surprised if Adebola's happening, but McGoldrick etc will be heading elsewhere and this is all for show. Do you think Southampton or any of their players will be pleased with a story released that they're short on cash and that Forest are hoping they can take advantage of it? Pathetic behaviour.

Of course, if I'm wrong and all these signings come in then fair play to them.

Yeh fair points. They do seem rather big headed about all of this, they just expect these players to sign on the dotted line. It seems quite intimidatory and unprofessional really.

Maybe they think they are 'getting ahead of the game' or being proactive, but from the outside, the way they have conducted themselves doesn't look great.

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression. I was not saying you were. Rather that Forest were, or at least were in danger of doing so. We might well try for one or more of the same players but not recklessly. We will also not plant stories to impress people. You and I seem to be singing off the same hymn sheet in fact. :city:

Oops, my bad, my bad ass defensive side rearing it's head! Hymn sheet, same, nuff said!

Yeh fair points. They do seem rather big headed about all of this, they just expect these players to sign on the dotted line. It seems quite intimidatory and unprofessional really.

Maybe they think they are 'getting ahead of the game' or being proactive, but from the outside, the way they have conducted themselves doesn't look great.

Oops, my bad, my bad ass defensive side rearing it's head! Hymn sheet, same, nuff said!

Archived