IGNORED

Andrew Surman Fee Agreed?

Shauntaylor85

A saints mate of mine claims City have agreed a 1m fee for Surman. I doubted him but he told me to wait and see. Also noticed something about this on the beeb forum. Lets hope its true.

Unfortunately it also says this on the beeb

Sorry - Here's the link.

http://www.football-rumours.co.uk/

It's near the top; if you scroll down there's also a mention of us landing Nabil El Zhar from Liverpool. Can play on the right or up front - again, would be interesting if true!!

i heard Newcastle were after him too

Newcastle will sell before they buy.

But good news if we have put an offer in.

Would love to see him play in a Bristol City shirt - he has potential to make it as a Premier League footballer

Sorry, what position does he play? I know I should know but I've forgotten.

His preffered postion is left midfield, but he can also play as an attacking midfielder behind the front two strkers, similar to were Noble played..

Guest Eamer

This would be great news. One of the players I definately want to see us sign, would be a step in the right direction if true. Where would you play him? Left Midfield instead of McIndoe or Left Back instead of McAllister?

This would be great news. One of the players I definately want to see us sign, would be a step in the right direction if true. Where would you play him? Left Midfield instead of McIndoe or Left Back instead of McAllister?

Left midfield instead of Mcindoe deffinetly, my mate is a Southampton season ticket holder and has said to me on several occasions Surman is wasted at left back and has only played ther due to injurys and supensions etc, he is quite a creative player and can deliver balls in to the box with real quality(which is something we are crying out for!) so to it would seem a waste to have him stuck at the back not getting foward much.

Would be a class signing, can see us being gazumped though, Newcaslte or QPR. shame i would really like a player like that here.

Well I reckon Southampton owe us big time for the favour we did them last season. Without Stern off their wages bill they might not have even made it to the end of the season. We should get first pick!

Would be a class signing, can see us being gazumped though, Newcaslte or QPR. shame i would really like a player like that here.

If you were a player would you want to go to Newcastle or QPR in their current states? Remember Andy Cole? He agreed to join City because he knew he'd stand out in our then side. Consequently he'd be bought by a bigger club and get back to the Prem. Hescored 20 in 30 appearances for City and then Newcastle bought him. But in those days N'castle were a big club, but the theory is the same.

Surman would be a quality signing IMO and just the type of player we need. I just can't see him going to us though as he'll have a host of clubs chasing him. Weren't Fulham rumoured to be sniffing around or was that Lallana?

Would be a terrific signing for you lot, but (and I don't mean any offence by this) I'd be surprised. The rumours I've heard down here are strongly suggesting Reading might be his likely destination, and that a few Premier League clubs have been sniffing about.

Terrific player though who's best position is CM.

Footballrumours.co.uk should be banned!!! it's utter nonsense!

So is 'Britain got talent' but a lot of boneheads enjoy it. Poor dears.

So why not football rumours?

My rumour is that Gary J checks this thread religously to see if there someone he hasn't thought about!

Footballrumours.co.uk should be banned!!! it's utter nonsense!

Like the guy who posted saying that he worked for the RAC and got a call out to the players car park at Goodison Park where Tevez's car had broken down! Conclusion - Tevez is signing for Everton.

Idiot, everyone knows that Tevez is an AA member!

Would be great news if we did sign him but lets get real - we probably do have a £1m bid in for him but if even half of the other rumoured teams also do then we have some between bob and no hope of signing him - shame

UnQUOTE

Sorry - Here's the link.

http://www.football-rumours.co.uk/

It's near the top; if you scroll down there's also a mention of us landing Nabil El Zhar from Liverpool. Can play on the right or up front - again, would be interesting if true!!

also it states on this website;

Also, Cheltenham are close to signing Leicester's Billy Kee on a free transfer on a 3 year deal aswell as making a move for Lee Cox who has recently been released by Leicester. Finally, Norwich are close to agreeing a deal to sign John Akinde from Bristol city.

I know. That seems a pretty reliable website too. Have read their forum and Adebola is pretty much done. BBC have reported the McGoldrick bid too http://news.BBC.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...est/8077131.stm

I wouldn't hold my breath that Surman is coming to AG.

Not sure how much money Doughty has given Davies to spend but it must be a fair whack!

Archived